• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Mafia for TCoD - Game Thread

I'm not going to defend Phantom, but I will question why that exchange about why Wargle targeted her yesterday happened. If they were on the same team, that discussion shouldn't have happened.

I remember her being pretty over-the-top with trying to throw me under the bus when we were mafia together in another game, similar to her behaviour with Wargle (who... is the one who turned up mafia, right?). That's what I was thinking of this entire game when I was commenting on her behaviour, but again I'm not sure how aggressive she is about accusing people when she's innocent because I never did get around to looking.

That was my best guess.

So like... Phantom raised a good point. What did happen to Wargle last night? Any ideas?

Someone was suspicious and a decided to attack? Odd that no one has said they did yet if that's the case though...

Everyone but Phantom seemed decidedly not suspicious of Wargle if I remember correctly... right?

Apparently "fission mailed" is from a fake game over screen in Metal Gear. TV Tropes said it's when you lose, but you had to die to advance the plot.

I'd say that the mafia actually have a nightkill, as was speculated earlier. Snake is a heavy character, so 30% is too little to knock him out, short of taking a full-on Warlock Punch (maybe? Could someone try this out on their copy of Brawl?). Even with MF's tweaking, this is too low; it would mean a lightweight character would get knocked out at like 10% and the midwieghts at 20% as an example.
What is weird is that the mafia used their nightkill on one of their own. Snake has bombs and stuff. I've never played Metal Gear, so I don't know what he does with these, but it could be that he was a terrorist of some kind.

Does any of that make sense? When I write I get too involved and I forget I'm writing for others.

TBH unless sudden detective there probably isn't any way to stop the vote. The lynch locomotive has not been properly equipped with halting apparatus.

Stunned by "Captain Falcon"'s betrayal, the Smashers desperately search for answers. They eye each other more warily than ever, hoping not to be fooled again, but they can spot no red flags, and can only remain distrustful of all but oneself.

Despite these conditions, however, one steps up to reveal information. Cryptic warnings that "Captain Falcon"'s duplicity had incidentally shed light upon -- and possibly pointed in the direction of other conspirators. One of the suspected turns out to be Link, whom the players agree to attack, despite increasingly intense exasperated grunts.

Even as the Hero of Time is thrown off the edge, however, absolutely nothing indicates any manner of falsehood in his identity... It seems that, uh, he didn't do it.

Player 12 defeated! She was Blue Team (innocent).

48 hours for night actions.

Zero Moment has the Smash Ball!

2ugcgnb.png

The next day breaks with thunderous rumbling -- the whole Final Destination was heaving and upsetting. A while after this rude awakening, the Smashers found a familiar Koopa Clown Cart half-buried on the ground, scorched and puffing out smoke, with some circuits still popping and bursting. They glanced inside to find not of its usual occupants, but rather, a Squirtle, lying facedown on top of some false spikes, a Ludwig wig (ahhah. hah. hah. hah.) and other similar accessories.

On seeing the corpse, Charizard seemed to become very distressed, growling and spewing flames in random directions. It was plain to conclude that this Squirtle was its former teammate; coupled with the objects found in the cart -- as well as the cart itself -- this seemed to show that Squirtle was doing just as Snake was. Could there be others?

Player 1 defeated! He was Red Team (mafia).

48 hours for discussion.

2aj6ypc.png

So two mafia down, and both of them have been disguised as another character? I guess we have a trend here, but not sure where it'll lead us.

inb4 charizard is actually ridley in disguise the descriptions are just flavor, let's all just remember that for now. It was just a reference to Brawl.

That's two RED team down, leaving probably one or two more to go. And also Light, who was GREEN team, and there might be one more of them around. There are eight of us left.

I'll start by saying that ILS's death was (at least mostly) my and ZM's action. ZM's final smash and mine happen to have the same effect: protects both of us from damage, and whoever is using the final smash gets to use one of their normal moves with greatly increased damage. We decided to attack someone last night because of the lack of repercussions there would be, and we chose ILS because of the people who didn't vote yesterday he was the only one who posted. And also because he hasn't contributed anything but an abstain to the thread so far. Between ZM and I, ZM is the only one who has a free-to-use (read: not death-of-the-other-activated) move with launch power (it's his recovery, for the sake of relieving suspicion), so I guess he used that. I myself used my moderate-damaging non-launching fire breath on ILS for the purpose of racking up the damage percentage.

And that also leaves us with no leads for the time being except for the fact that without my invulnerability due to ZM's final smash, I would have taken 20%. I don't know from where, but I know this because MF made a small mistake and forgot that I got invulnerability from ZM's final smash.

Anyone else have anything?

Also, it's high time another character list was posted:

Character list:
~I liek Squirtles - Ludwig von Koopa (Squirtle) (Confirmed RED TEAM)
~RespectTheBlade - Robin
~Mai - Villager
~Visitor Message - Sheik (Confirmed BLUE TEAM)
~Wargle - Captain Falcon (Snake) (Confirmed RED TEAM)
~Zero Moment - Ganondorf
~hopeandjoy - Mega Man
~Eifie - Lucina
~Dazel - Greninja
~Superbird - Bowser
~Light - Dark Pit (Confirmed GREEN TEAM)
~Phantom- Link (Confirmed BLUE TEAM)
~Butterfree- Charizard

I actually used Flame Choke, which doesn't have launching. I guess the Smash adds launching to those without.

Also MF said he mixed the damage reports up, you got someone else's (who probably got yours)

My health is restoring, is that normal? I don't think Hydro Pump restores health by default, so it must be a mechanic?

Also, I guess it's a trend then. I'm assuming no one has an inforole other than kind-of Buttefree?

Back
Top Bottom