• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Mafia for TCoD - Game Thread

Oookay, my contact is now claiming they inspected Dazel as innocent and that they may be an insane cop (which doesn't match up with Zero Moment and Superbird's claim that they should inspect as mafia, so either they're lying about that for no apparent reason, my contact is wrong about being an insane cop, the results of my contact's inspection were altered somehow, or my contact is mafia and continuing to lie through their teeth).

They also told me who they supposedly are, although who knows if they're lying about that - they noted that their role is restricted from saying anything in the thread, so if they're telling the truth we can't just get the person to confirm it in the thread. ARGH. If they're mafia there seems to be no reason they'd have told me who they really are.

What do you all think? Should I tell you who my contact claims to be? I'm not sure there would be any point. Do we even bother entertaining the insane cop hypothesis? Ugh, this is frustrating.

Do you know anything about that restriction? I think you should tell us who it supposedly is; if your contact (if said contact even exists) just gave you a totally random name, we'll find out when whoever you name denies it. Otherwise we can take it as some sort of confirmation?

Nope, all they said about the restriction is that they can't admit it's them in the thread.

My main concern about revealing who they said they were is that if they're actually a useful inspector and telling the truth, the mafia will presumably go on to target them - the handy thing about an inspector who whispers their results to another person is that then the mafia never learns who the inspector is.

Well, we got a totally wrong "inspection" result from them, so I'm not really feeling the usefulness at the moment. What makes you so reluctant to give them up?

Well, we got a totally wrong "inspection" result from them, so I'm not really feeling the usefulness at the moment. What makes you so reluctant to give them up?
I'm not particularly reluctant, but my reasoning is basically that if they're telling the truth we're better off not having their identity be public, while if they're not that's probably not their real identity anyway.

But given they've apparently been right about Superbird and wrong about Phantom (unless Superbird and Zero Moment needlessly decided to lie about being millers, which seems a strategically absurd idea unless they're actually mafia godfathers and guessed correctly that my contact is insane and wanted to confuse us and decided to bet that nobody else can tell alignment), I guess the odds their inspections are actually useful are pretty low at this point, so fair enough. They claim to be hopeandjoy.

Well then! Unless said person is obligated to deny any such allegations in thread, I guess now we know.

They are. So if it was hope she wouldn't be allowed to say so.

There's a difference between not being allowed to confirm something and being forced to deny something, if you're referring to what Butterfree said earlier.

Restrictions on speaking like that tend to be really difficullt to actually work out in a way that's enforceable, and this entire secret anonymous contact business seems really fishy anyway... eh.

You fight in the BLUE TEAM (innocent), you are a heavyweight, and the following are your powers and attacks:powers and attacks:
-Metal Blade (neutral special): Target a player to throw a Metal Blade their way. It will deal light damage to them, but they will pick it up, so that they can use it during any Daytime in order to strike a player with a relatively solid attack.
-Rush Coil (up special): A recovery move; use it in a Night to make yourself harder to KO. Additionally, target a player -- if you aren't launched offstage during this Night, Rush will get to remain on the ground to aid the player you've targeted, making them harder to KO instead. Characters of different weight will get differently intense boosts to their recovery.
-Leaf Shield (down special): Target a player to throw a Leaf Shield their way. It will deal a fair amount of damage to them, but they will pick it up, and it will protect them from being attacked at Nighttime up to once.
-Mega Legends (FINAL SMASH): Usable only if you have the Smash Ball. This awesome attack may be somewhat likely to KO the player you target it with, but if they survive, they will be able to use their own Final Smash in the next Night (along with the regular Smash Ball catcher of the Night).

Win condition: All scum players must be KO'd.

I am not a cop.

Well, quoting your role PM is definitely outside the call of duty for a talking restriction.

So I guess we just toss that info out, then?

Well, now that that's out there, hopeandjoy, can you tell us if you've just been using your recovery at night or if you've been doing cool things?

Butterfree, is there anything more you can tell us about your communication with mysterious anon? Can you two only communicate at night?

Nah, I've been recovering. There's no one I really felt comfortable attacking, especially when my attacks can later wither be weaponized or protect someone.

Butterfree, is there anything more you can tell us about your communication with mysterious anon? Can you two only communicate at night?
I can send one message to the anon every night through MF. The messages are only delivered at the end of the night, so they can't respond to what I said until the next night and vice versa.

I think the fact that Butterfree's anon claimed to be me is pretty suspicious. If you couldn't talk in the thread, why would you name anyone at all?

Back
Top Bottom