• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Mafia for TCoD - Game Thread

I have no idea if it sounds like Dazel, but it feels like he hasn't posted in quite a while, so? Inactivity ==> suspicion, if we don't think it's Superbird.
I haven't posted because I haven't had anything relevant to say. Trust me, though, I wouldn't say "friendly friend" if someone threatened me at gunpoint.

Also, there might not be a Wigglytuff, but there's certainly a Jigglypuff, which is close enough to use Wigglytuff's speech, I guess?

I wish to refute the claim that I shouldn't be able to talk with ZM out of thread, because
1) this is MFia
2) MFia games usually have some type of lovers
3) No one else has a out-of-thread direct communication role.

At this point I don't have any more cards to play that I haven't already, but if you do lunch me ZM will probably kill someone. I don't want that to happen.

@Superbird: That hardly says anything about your alignment, though. Honestly, given how we're running out of time, I think Superbird is the best option we've got. The secretly killing Wargle at night was also very fishy because I don't seem to recall either of you expressing suspicion about her during the day (I will actually confirm that later)... Plus, I find it strange how apparently at least one of you has a power (besides fishing bro thing) that does nothing but damage? I don't recall anyone else who was innocent having powers that do damage as something other than just a secondary effect.

Hm. Considering how this day has turned out, I wouldn't be too surprised if Butterfree was the last Mafia, and was faking the whole 'anonymous contact' thing. I won't be upset targeting her tonight.

Oh... I just realized they killed ILS, not Wargle, and Superbird did give a sort of explanation for it that didn't really have anything to do with ILS being particularly suspicious. Still kind of weird, though.

To tie the vote and make things more interesting, I'm gonna vote Butterfree. The last person to die breaks the tie, right?

Much as I'd love to see a mafia flip break the tie, technically the most recent death is that of hopeandjoy. Which begs the question of whether modkill counts for the intents and purposes of tiebreaking. I don't feel like answering that question and I'm still not settled on a specific tiebreaker method, so randomizition it'll be.

Results in a few.

Also, happy Smash Bros. 4 Wii U day! ... In my timezone it's already the day. Although that doesn't mean I can get it on eshop already. Two more hours or so, I guess. Harrumph. Will also probably stubbornly not play it until I've got my OR, in physical copy.

With another duplicity revealed, the Smashers grow more desperate for answers as Charizard reveals a series of cryptic messages it had received, somehow relaying them via assorted dragon noises. Some believe that these messages could be nothing less than a villain's hand at intimidation, while others believe that the messages are untrue and Charizard is deliberately attempting to stir trouble.

If that were the case, the stirring of trouble would certainly have been successful -- the discussion became intense enough that at one point Crazy Hand just straight-up randomly impaled Mega Man with a pointy shadow stick.

Master Hand grew weary of this and, hoping that this mess would be settled in time for the Wii U bonanza, decided to take matters into its own hand. It lined up Charizard and Bowser both, and then rushed them with a lunging rocket fist. Charizard managed to just barely fly out of the way, but Bowser, with significantly less fleet of foot to rely on, was socked offstage just alright.

A tense twilight began, and no one knew what could come out of it.

Player 10 defeated! He was Blue Team (innocent).

48 hours for night actions.

Dazel has the Smash Ball!

29dv6ys.png

ah, the coming of a symetrical, aesthetically pleasing roster spread... so close.

Silence.

The passing of the night did nothing to pacify the increasingly tense scene between the Smashers. In fact, it would only worsen as the mysteries increased. Lucina had completely vanished in the change of days, and no indication of her whereabouts could be found other than a handwritten note that reads "THEY DIDN'T TELL ME THIS WASN'T CASUAL MODE".

What could have happened to her? And what of other events that may have transpired in the night? And what of-
I'm really- YOU'RE TOO SLOW!

Player 8 defeated! She was Blue Team (innocent).

48 hours for discussion.

2il2fe0.png

And I assume Butterfree recovered last night. I took 30% damage.

Are statements related, as in you targeted her and was damaged, or...?

Also, does Metallica's quote make it sound like there's a Sonic in our midst?

Would like to hear Butterfree's news about the anonymous contact.

You'd basically stated you were going to target me, so I used Fire Fang, which is supposed to protect me from up to one attack and deal damage to the attacker. However, I also took a bit of damage, so more than one person must have attacked me.

(Before you go "Hey, Butterfree said she had no night action on day 1!": that was because my only ability aside from communication with my anon was "Customizable Moveset", which turns into a Pokémon-flavored version of the moveset of the first person who dies. In other words, I was universal backup and inherited VM's night actions.)

(By the way, am I the only one who finds it really annoying to keep track of who is who when all of MF's flavor messages use "Player whatever" or the character's name? Whenever anyone dies I have to look at the roster image, compare it to the previous one to see which character died, and then check the sign-up thread to find who is playing that character.)

The anon didn't send me anything last night. I didn't send them anything either. I'm not sure I see much point since we've established my anon is scum so anything they say to me is probably a lie.

(By the way, am I the only one who finds it really annoying to keep track of who is who when all of MF's flavor messages use "Player whatever" or the character's name? Whenever anyone dies I have to look at the roster image, compare it to the previous one to see which character died, and then check the sign-up thread to find who is playing that character.)

(dead and all but since this isn't game-related, I used to find that annoying too before I realized that for example player 8 literally means player number 8 on the list up top generated by the mafia hack.)

Right. Although I'm still vaguely instinctively suspicious of Zero Moment, I can't make much sense of the fishing brothers thing if they're different alignments, so as far as I'm concerned it's probably either RespectTheBlade or Dazel. Any comment?

Back
Top Bottom