• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Mafia for TCoD - Game Thread

The only thing that's been turned against me so far is an accusation from your contact which we've decided is scum, so why would you suggest it's me?

Because Zero Moment is unlikely at this point and I think it's probably not Mai; they've been fairly helpful while you and RespectTheBlade have been extremely quiet.

Also, my contact didn't accuse you; they said you're innocent, then said they might be insane (but that claim didn't make any sense even then).

Oh, huh.

Well, it's a clever scam, I guess. The only reason I've been quiet is because all I've been doing the entire time is protecting myself, and I don't like to get directly involved with things that don't concern me specifically because if I say anything accurate, I'm either marked as scum and lynched, or get killed by the mafia.

At any rate, an anonymous contact that has killed innocent people and can't reveal themselves in-thread seems more suspicious to me than silence.

Well, it's a clever scam, I guess. The only reason I've been quiet is because all I've been doing the entire time is protecting myself, and I don't like to get directly involved with things that don't concern me specifically because if I say anything accurate, I'm either marked as scum and lynched, or get killed by the mafia.

At any rate, an anonymous contact that has killed innocent people and can't reveal themselves in-thread seems more suspicious to me than silence.

What?

Yes, we established the anonymous contact is suspicious already... the point is, though, that we don't know who they are (hence anonymous). Unless you're saying Butterfree is suspicious because anonymous contact ??? In which case, that'd be a pretty complicated scheme to pull (but possibly not a bad one, hmmm), and for the most part one we'd ruled out before this.

Also, everything here should concern you, if you're innocent. :| You're not being helpful to the town at all this way, and giving + discussing info should be more important than silent self-preservation. Protecting yourself isn't even doing anything helpful (or provable, as far as I know, leading to helpful)!

Dazel is probably the better bet here, from what I can tell. RespectTheBlade still hasn't spoken at all... but Dazel's reply seems worse, still.

Almost as if up were down and Link were high-tier, Ganondorf seemed to exude the most trust as the few other remaining Smashers scrambled to discover which amongst them had to be the traitor.

A few became suspicious in consense of Greninja in particular -- they'd allegated that they didn't even see it around the discussion groups for most of the time. "Well, there's the thing about ninjas", is what it tried to say in self-defense, but all everyone else got from it was "Nja ja!"

While no one was watching, Villager had planted and raised an entire Timber. Only when it was too late did Greninja see it all -- the bloodthirsty gaze, the swinging axe, the low-pitched woody crunch, and the toppling wood. It was crushed like a frog.

Witnesses would later report to hearing the song from the shower scene from Psycho in their heads when it happened.

Player 9 defeated! He was Blue Team (innocent).

48 hours for night actions.

RespectTheBlade has the Smash Ball!
(what a hog.)

izopaf.png

In the cold grips of the night, Charizard's tail goes unlit.

Only three now remain, and it still stands that one of them must be a traitor! A tragic predicament, but the last Smashers standing must now decide who will live and who will die in one last great Smash.

But of course, before procedures begin, they must, for one last time, hear that voice ring out...
Now it's LYLO time!

Player 13 defeated! She was Blue Team (innocent).

48 hours for discussion.

2eyzv9s.png

Dazel is dead, but RTB is suspicious, yes.

RTB, do you have anything to say? Or do you have any input, either, Zero Moment?

I'm voting RTB because of general quietness: plus, at this point, Zero Moment seems pretty innocent, judging by the relationship with Superbird.

((As far as quiet is concerned, I've had fairly limited internet access the past few days. I'm up in Vermont with inconsistent wifi.))

I don't have much to capitalize on. None of my moves have any capability to scan other players, so I can't offer much there. I'm going to tentatively go with Mai, as I know that I'm not Mafia, and I agree that due to Zero Moment's status he seems fairly innocent.

Although, there is the fact that this is MFia to consider. Something could be up, but shy of suggesting to lynch either Crazy Hand or Master Hand we're pretty much out of options.

Well, that came out in the middle of my writing of the lynch update, but I guess it still counts.

24-hour time extension.

((As far as quiet is concerned, I've had fairly limited internet access the past few days. I'm up in Vermont with inconsistent wifi.))

I don't have much to capitalize on. None of my moves have any capability to scan other players, so I can't offer much there. I'm going to tentatively go with Mai, as I know that I'm not Mafia, and I agree that due to Zero Moment's status he seems fairly innocent.

Although, there is the fact that this is MFia to consider. Something could be up, but shy of suggesting to lynch either Crazy Hand or Master Hand we're pretty much out of options.

That's... not much of a defense, there. I've been pretty busy lately, but I've been attempting to contribute when possible, and you don't seem to be offering any assistance or improvement. (Though, to be fair, I don't think any of us seem to have information roles; if we did, this would a lot simpler, most likely.)

And considering the blurb/quote for today, "Now it's LYLO time!", lynching an actual, living player would almost certainly be critical. I don't think MFia would really be misleading on that front. (That was Vanilla Mafia, after all.)

the choice is real

Think I'm gonna need some 'splainin from both of you

Not precisely sure exactly what I should be explaining, but if you mean moves/claiming, I have three attacks. One is a seemingly vanilla recovery that makes me harder to KO and damages those who target me (Lloid Rocket). The second is a two-part move: one night I do nothing, and the next I attack my target and prevent them from attacking another that night phase (it's Timber - I haven't actually gotten the game, but I think it's because I plant/water the tree, then chop it down on my target on a flavor level). I can also target a player and use their move on another, but only if they send in an action that night, and only if it's actually a targeting move with only one target (Pocket - this one makes sense, I think).

...Well, I have a feeling he isn't going to respond by time the extension is over.

RTB

GG I guess. Now to find which way the coin flips. Is it gonna be a town win or a scum win?
Tune in next time, on Super Smash Mafia!

I will respond, hopefully you'll see it.

My moves are as follows:
Nosferatu, which essentially shrouds two players and causes attacks on one to target the other and vice-versa, also damages each slightly.
Arcfire, which roleblocks and damages with decent knockback.
Elwind, Recovery. That's it.

I can't do much more to prove my innocence other than state that I am, so I guess this game is a mafia win. If I die, then whichever of you that is mafia is free to kill the other. I stick with my choice of Mai, as that's pretty much all I can do at this point.

Unless I tip the scales something changes Zero Moment's mind, then GG.

Robin and Villager fought each other fiercely, while Ganondorf closely watched their moves in a desperate final attempt to catch the impostor. He decides to flip a Ruppee in order to decide which of the two to support, but realizes that this wouldn't even work, so he somehow borrows a regular coin instead. Fate chooses for him to attack Robin. An unexpected Warlock Punch sends the battling tactician abyssward.

Still uncertain, Ganondorf eyes the Villager. From behind that one, a differently gendered Animal Crossing protagonist suddenly emerges. And then, the two shed their disguises to reveal which game they actually protagonize. Some obscure snowy thing from the NES... What was it even called, again?

The now revealed Ice Climbers (oh, that's it!) point their hammers at the Gerudo, clearly intending to make him their final victim. He takes a stance of readiness to fight, although he trembles at the prostect of once again having to face their infinite chaingrab. And then... Master Hand descended towards the stage.

"Oh! Master Hand! Are you here perhaps to... lend a hand? It would make sense if you were in Blue Team and Crazy Hand were- ... ... Grr. Those yellow chains ripping beyond your surface... Where have I seen these before?"

The warlock's memories would soon be jogged as the master of the chains emerged. A rainbow-colored wingspan visibly larger than the Final Destination's own diameter, attached to a large, yet somewhat featureless, humanlike figurine... None other than Tabuu.

The Ice Climbers celebrated the outcome with dissonantly innocent skips and hops. Their revenge was complete. There would be no more Smash after this surprise attack. Indeed, there was little time to even react before the old boss's great wings, unbroken, unleashed their full-power Off Waves.

The battle was not entirely lost in that moment, however, as Crazy Hand descended to fight for the Blue Team that it had been representing all along -- dueling with Master Hand, which had been coaxed into coming up with and carrying out that entire game by Tabuu's powers of suggestion.

The quivering glove lasted little in its initial state, but damaging it only served to intensify the fight as it disintegrated and revealed the form of the newest final boss, Master Core.

Regardless of the outcome of that great final battle, no trophy ever rose to Smash again... Or will they perhaps rise again?

Player 2 defeated! He was Blue Team (innocent).

Mafia wins!

6sqbfb.png

-----

Role PMs and mechanical specs up in a few.

Back
Top Bottom