• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Swine Flu

lol homosexuals
>:|

Anyway apparently there was something like 10 people in WA getting tested so the media has gone to panic stations and telling everyone to was their hands more and be careful and stuff.
Eh. I don't think a lot of people realise that WA is mostly farmland/desert in comparision to New South Wales or pretty much the entire east coast.

First US swine flu death in Texas, a toddler. But aren't toddlers more likely to die of flu (of any kind) anyway?

Your right, this disease attacks the Immune system. but, a the most people who are getting it are young adults to middle-aged (25-40 or somtin'). That's right, kids are very unlikely to get the disease. But why is this? The people who are much more likely of getting the flu have the strongest immune systems out of all of us, so wouldn't the flu target children and/or elders? This is because the Swine Flu is targeting people with stronger immune systems to feed off of. It doesn't bother with the weak immune systems. Funny, huh?

But still, the mortality rate is lower than 5%.

For those who think it will end like the avian flu or the 76' swine flu, it won't. Why? That virus was generated when the human, pig and bird flu virus infected the same host. These millions of virus all mixed up started to insert their genetic material in the same cells, altering the virus "recipe" inside of it. That altered virus is that new swine flu that is hitting on Mexico. Hope that this explanation helped clearing things up ^^.

............... Well. Swine Flu for me came during CST testing... just ended today... I know what can come of such things as this... Avian was a bit easier to protect yourself against, I just got rid of mah current chickenz and shot any bird in the backyard. :/

Hm... However, what most people don't realize is the big difference here is the virus is no longer merely avian-human or swine-human transferrable... It's also human-human, making it much more likely to spread and cause chaos...

I recommend stocking up on any products... because if it does get bad, the economy will totally fail and THE INFLATION GOES INSANE.

... I may leave school for the rest of the year since testing is done, I'm in the southern CA area, and a school near where my dad works got shut down... I have another theory as well but this entire forum as a whole isn't the place for it.

Urgh, everybody's being so paranoid. At school today, any mention of somebody being ill - "IT MUST BE SWINE FLU." Somebody was missing from my Drama lesson (On some educational trip, actually) - "SHE MIGHT HAVE SWINE FLU." Yes, because Swine Flu is the only illness in the world, right kids?

For those who think it will end like the avian flu or the 76' swine flu, it won't. Why? That virus was generated when the human, pig and bird flu virus infected the same host. These millions of virus all mixed up started to insert their genetic material in the same cells, altering the virus "recipe" inside of it. That altered virus is that new swine flu that is hitting on Mexico. Hope that this explanation helped clearing things up ^^.

yeah hi welcome to the world of flus

THEY MUTATE get over it kids

it's just freaking people out cause it's got a name on it

what if i got a flu one year and called it susan

YOU HAVE THE SUSAN FLU HOLY CRAP

My sociology teacher was freaking out and telling us to protect ourselves in germ-free bubbles.

And my mom's also freaking out.

I just want to get it now and survive it, so I can tell people to shut the fuck up.

I'll admit I am a little worried, but not about the flu itself. I'm worried about the mass hysteria this is causing. Every little sniffle and sneeze and suddenly "OMG YOU HAVE SWINE FLU" comes from like fifty different people. *sigh* Plus schools are closing. Including like four in my area. Because of suspected cases.

Back
Top Bottom