• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed System Corruption.

"I found a great place, I have the whole day." Suoh said, nodding. "I should be fine, unless I have to use that bathroom or something." He laughed.

His body continued to wriggle without effort as he talked, fur billowing in the wind. His pearl was clenched in his front paw, gleaming eeriely. He grinned.

"So, how are you?"

( Question: How much control over their actual bodies and sensory reception do the players have while logged in? Ronin had to disconnect to check the door, but he was able to move to disconnect, so...? )

( It’s like playing a really addicting game and discounting is like a pause button. Since your logged in your main focus is towards the game, so you mostly react to whatever is going on in there but your mind is still active in the real world, so at times you can suddenly get hold of a image of the world, also hearing is the same way. It’s like having a Tv on in the other room. At times you can hear it. As for movement wise, I haven’t really thought about it.. From guessing I say movement is very limited. I hope all of that made sense.. )

Zero looked away, “We’ll I got a feeling I should look this way, You can follow me if you wish but it may be better if we split up and look.”
He started to walk down a rocky path that was heading north.
After a while he started think about where he should sleep tonight.

"Good, but somewhat tired I-R-L," Sandor said, shrugging. "I just spend four hours boiling three different pots of soup, but it'll last me a year even if I eat it every day." He laughed as well. It was a slight exaggeration, admittedly - even Eleanor would only focus on two pots at a time - but it came to the same thing.

"Well, shall we go? I don't know how we're going to avoid being seen, but we won't get much accomplished just being up here." He clacked his beak shut, glancing down at the slightly shifting clouds. His apron fluttered in the breeze up here, but his lance didn't move noticeably at all.

"I think going is a good idea. It's kinda boring here anyway... Just clouds. There could at least be birds or something, you'd think." Suoh said, absently passing his pearl between his front paws.

"So... What should we do first?"

"We dive," Sandor answered, looking down at the thick white clouds. He grabbed his lance off his back and twirled it around in front of him. He stopped the lance with it pointing down. "It would be better to hide, but that'll be harder for you. I didn't realise you were so big."

As he finished, he flew down, passing the clouds that looked so much like fog as he passed through. Well - it should, he supposed.

Suoh nodded and darted after Sandor, his thin body whipping in the wind caused by the dive. He pushed his body as streamlined as he could, bursting through the cloudcover as quickly as he could. his scales were drenched now, but he could hardly feel it, the moisture quickly beading off his thin body.

He pulled into a loop, showing off now really, and started heading downwards in a spiral pattern.

Sandor broke through the bottom-most cloud at the same time Suoh did, and he too spiralled toward the ground. They were no longer above the armour shop, but it wasn't hard to see and pretty close by. Surprisingly few people were around, but he didn't notice any of them paying any special attention to either Sandor or Suoh.

"Over here!"

He chose to land in a dark alley, and stabbed the virtual cat to prevent it from making any interesting noises. Otherwise the alleyway was quite empty, as well as dark and probably large enough to hide Suoh. Suoh wouldn't necessarily find it comfortable, but he would fit.

Sandor made sure he was closer to the mouth of the alleyway so he wouldn't be squished.

"Now," he commented, "I'll be able to steal someone's cloak, especially since shady cloak-wearing people like to come to these alleys. You, however... what're you planning to do?"

Kurono nodded.

"Gotcha, Zero. I'll head south," he said, leaping into the air. How Kurono could fly without wings was not a big issue to him. He seemed to glide with ease.

The presence of gravity is not non-existent, but it seems to cut back on the limits....thank God for the Internet, Kurono thought, smiling under his cloak. While gliding through the air, his eyes caught movement to the left of him. Two figures were gliding through the air just as he was. His powerful eyesight caught images of both figures.

There's a possiblity...I should check it out, Kurono thought as he dipped in a nosedive to the ground, landing inconspicuously on a building right on top of where they had gone into an alley.

Perfect, Kurono smirked, admiring his stealthy skills. Now to confirm my suspicions.

"Lou, you're the sister I never had, but if the police come knocking on my door, I'm not sticking my neck out for you." Louise had heard the sentence a hundred times from her frustrated cousin, whose tall, athletic form towered over her in a way that might have been intimidating if she didn't have bubblegum pink hair and far too much eye makeup. The difference was that, this time, there was actually a risk.

"I'll be a week tops," Lou said quietly with a vague gesture in the air, "They'll never track me down anyway, so don't worry, Michelle."

Michelle simply sighed and rolled her eyes. "You can hook up your baby in the basement. I'll be at Amber's. I really mean it this time, Lou. If the police show--"

Lou held up her hand, grinning a confident grin. "Don'tcha worry. Honest, I can't be caught."

Michelle just gave another sigh and headed for the door as Lou made her way down to the basement.

Diane smiled a little and slipped off her coat. It was a good idea logging off next to that pond; she could really use a swim right now after all that frantic packing, bus riding, and cousin-convincing.

Her polar bear coat and hammer sitting on the shore, Diane leaped into the water. She loved the way her sleek feathers protected her from the moisture, and she rocketed through the pond, considering snapping up one of the fish that swam by. She decided, wisely, not to do so, since no matter what her avatar looked like, raw fish would taste like raw fish. She wasn't hungry, anyway.

She leaped out of the pond in a dolphin-like jump, twirling in the air before she hit the water again. Yes, this was the life. If there was a way to simply be here all the time, to leave her human body behind, she would have taken it in an instant.

Suoh landed in the alley nearby Sandor, flicking his tail and knocking over a box.

"Oops. Uh, well, I can just try to be really sneaky and whatnot, traveling in the clouds or on buildings?" He mumbled, eying the alley's entrance.

The alley was small, but worked as a hiding spot. He was glad his body was so thin, otherwise it would have been a very, very tight fit. He looked down at the pearl in his forepaw, and made the decision to store it for the time being. He leaned his head down and swallowed the gleaming gem, letting slide down his throat, the lump it made quite visible until it slid into his belly-pouch it was stored in.

"You'll probably get caught easier if you travel on a roof, but you can't help at all if you're travelling in or above the clouds. Yeah, go ahead." Sandor shrugged, then peeked out of the alley. There were a few people around, but no cloak-wearers that he could see. And if it was hard to find cloaks, it would be harder to find one his size.

He looked back in time to see the pearl sliding down Suoh's throat. "...That's gross," he muttered, looking back to the street. His claws tightened around the lance. "C'mon, c'mon... ah, screw it. We're looking for another alley. I think we'll both have to stick to the roof until I get a cloak. One with a hood on it... damn it, stupid girl should've given me shape-shifting powers instead of this form permanently."

He turned and extended his wings so he'd be able to fly, as they wouldn't fit the width of the alley. "Let's go."

(Sorry for not posting, been busy.)

Zero walked on the road for awhile and he came across a pound to his left. He lazily glanced over to it and saw a bird creature jumping out of the water, Zero just looked back at the road and kept on walking. A few more steps then he stopped and he wonder what he saw was real. Zero quickly ran back to the edge of the pound and looked around for creature to show itself again but all he saw was a a hammer and a odd looking coat. “What the…” Zero mumbled as he bent over to take a closer look at them.

Zero would only be able to look at the polar bear coat and metal hammer for a few minutes before a large fish went flying toward his head. His 'bird creature' was standing in water up to her waist with an armload of fish that she was hurling rapid-fire at him while screaming like a madwoman.

Diane's shrieked as she threw her still-wriggling ammunition, "Get! Away! From! My! Stuff! You! Thieving! Whatever! You! Are!"

From atop the roof, Kurono decided to reveal himself to the two below. He leaped down into the alley, landing gracefully.

"Hi there," he said in what was an attempt at a cheerful voice.

(( Assuming things. ))

Sandor had to pause when something landed between him and Suoh, from - well, he assumed it was from behind him. He didn't really care, though he figured he had to kill them since he'd been seen. And, also--

"Oh," he said, folding his wings and turning. There was no hood, but still. "A cloak."

Then he lunged and stabbed at the cloaked man, driving the spear's point right toward the heart.

Zero was caught off guard on the first 4 fish’s that hit him but the other ones he slithered between them. Who throws fish, honestly.. He thought as he was dodging. In a moment he saw an opening and without missing a beat he swallowed the fish in front of him whole and dashed right in front of Diane’s face. With his voice hissing he said, “I don’t need stuff but there’s a question I need to ask you..” the grin on his face grew, “..You seen her didn’t you.. She gave you that form.” Zero’s cold eyes seem to look right through her.

Diane looked about as frightened as a cat being threatened by a hamster. She crossed her wings in front of her feathered chest and gave a confident grin, preparing her insta-logout cheat in case he made a move to cause her harm and she needed to disconnect in a hurry. "Who's asking, sweetheart?" she asked.

((Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I finally post. Sorry 'bout that...))

Rima skipped happily over to her computer. She tried her hardest to look like the average thirteen-year-old girl, to fool the government workers. Of course, that's why her avatar's personality was so different then hers. As she looked out her window, she spotted two of them. "Oh, crap." She quickly logged in.

~~~

Nadeshiko sat down at a nearby shop, looking for teenagers that could have had their avatars changed, like hers did.

Kurono's falcon-like eyes caught Sandor's movements before he was able to strike. he clutched the spear and drove it to the ground.

"Hey, now, there's no need for violence. I'm not an enemy," Kurono said, his fingers twitching. "I just wanted to see if you were like me..."

Sandor didn't even pause as his spear was deflected, as his eyes were sharp as any falcon's eyes. He, too, had seen it coming. He let go of the spear as Kurono deflected it, and his just-as-deadly talons came next, reaching for Kurono's throat.

There doesn't have to be a need for violence.

He just wanted to tear out the stranger's throat.

Everyone's an enemy.

Whether it was because he just wanted something to do, just really wanted a cloak that wasn't the right size anyway, wanted to sate some bloodlust...

You've seen, fool. I'm no human, not like you.

...or because he was well-practised in trying to kill anyone who saw him, he didn't know. All he knew was that he just wanted the man to do one thing:

Now...

"Die."

(( Eventually I come to realise how hard it'll be to use "the stranger" or "the man" every time. Also, in your picture Kurono looks human enough and there's no written description, so that's what I have to go by. ))

Back
Top Bottom