• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed System Corruption.

((Oh, sorry bout that, he kinda looks like Falco with black wing-hands, but he keeps it concealed under his cloak.))

Ugh, looks like I'll have to prove to him then, Kurono thought, dodging Sandor's talons. He finally saw an opening and grabbed Sandor's wrist, whirling him into the wall nearby.

"I see you've been changed by that girl as well," he said, leaping back. "Do you see that I am not against you?"

(( Slight godmodding there. Also your pic has a human face but Google gives Falco the same face as your avatar? I'd think you need to keep the face at least (and it'll help with continuity ;D ) since it is in your appearance, but...? ))

Whirling someone to a wall, even with a better hold than merely a wrist, would prove to be very difficult, and even more so with a griffin's strength and eyes that would let him counter it. It would be even worse when, nearly as soon as Kurono found an opening, another claw shot toward his shoulder. From the close distance and Kurono's preoccupation with the whole whirling thing, he'd be more than hard-pressed to dodge.

At the same time, Sandor shrieked in Kurono's face, and if Kurono's ears were as sharp as Sandor's, it would be, at the very least, quite painful to hear. And if Kurono didn't get away, he'd find himself one eye short as Sandor leapt forward, beak aiming to poke out said eye.

((Well, I meant like human face, falcon-human body. There's no beak involved, though. Besides, Kurono's quick, I doubt he'll get injured too easily. I get that they're close, but I kinda meant whirling like swinging into a throw))

Everything happened so fast, Kurono had a tough time keeping up with it all. Surprised that Sandor had countered his grapple and throw, and even more surprised that Sandor had actually screeched in his face, which, by the way, had done some serious damage, Kurono had almost no time at all to duck, just inches away from Sandor's beak. A gash appeared across Kurono's cheek, where he had tried to gouge his eye out, and on his shoulder, where Sandor had sliced open his skin.

"You're quite the fighter," Kurono said, wincing as he arose, staggering back. "Can't have you kill me, so it looks like I'll have to come back another time."

At that, he took flight, his flight pattern erratic.

Suoh blinked, a bit unsure of what had just happened in front of him. It'd happened very fast...

He turned to look at Sandor after watching the strange newcomer fly away.

"What the heck...?" He mumbled, scratching at his chin with a claw. "That came out of no-where..."

(( Ah, alright. @.@ ))

"Come back, craven!" Sandor snarled, turning. As Kurono knew, though Sandor didn't know Kurono knew, Sandor too could fly - and it was a safe bet that he could fly as well as Kurono, at least in Sandor's mind. He reached behind his back for his lance, which had returned there mysteriously (whether it was just clingy or Eleanor's cheat code, only she'd ever know), and grasped it, prepared to chase his prey.

And then his eyes caught sight of a long-haired person, and he thought, Cloak. He lunged again, driving the lance toward the person's chest. This time, it hit, as it was supposed to, and Sandor's claws tore through the person's throat.

It was then he realised that this "cloak" was just really, really long hair. Sandor snarled and kicked the woman in disgust, pulling his spear out.

By then Kurono would have had more than enough time to move out of reach of spear or talon, even if Sandor should follow.

"Stupid," Sandor muttered, opening his wings. "Let's go to the roof, as we originally planned."

((Jeez, I can't believe it took so freaking long to finish this. Just so everyone knows, I did ask BP for permission to join.))

Hacker's name: Erin Lazula

Personality: Erin's parents are rarely around to take care of her, and in time she developed an intense fear of being alone. She always tried to make friends with people wherever she went, which eventually led to her introduction to and complete obsession with the online world and its inhabitants. She is a kind soul, but can easily be overwhelmed by outside influences, and is often placed in bad situations as a result of this weakness.

Appearance: Erin is a small girl, even for her age, just barely standing at four feet tall. As of late, she spends most of her time indoors, so she tends to wear the same set of purple pajamas 24/7. Her long hair is impossibly black, which poses a rather noticeable contrast with her pale white skin.

Vaguely resembles a...: Stag

Personality: Iveru, the character, is able to think on an almost separate level from Erin, not so much that he is able to act of his own will, but enough so that he is able to talk with his player, to a degree. He tends to be quiet much of the time, and when he does speak it's usually cryptic and hard to understand, often involving strange objects or places hidden within the internet that probably don't exist. Iveru is far more aware of the dangers that exist online than Erin is, and tries to avoid contact with all others whenever possible, at least until he can verify that they don't pose any threat or are of some importance to one of his goals.

Appearance: "Bizarre" is probably a word that comes to mind when you see Iveru up close. His four powerful legs are made of metal and end in sharp, clawed paws, the front set of which can double as hands. The remainder of his body is covered in a veritable carpet of long crimson fur tangled into tendrils that wave around eerily in the wind. Only Iveru's face can be seen through the mess - and even then only a pair of glowing green eyes can be properly distinguished - as well as a pair of curling ivory horns that jut out from his head. Though he prefers to walk on all fours, he can stand on his hind legs when needed, in which case his towering height of over eight feet will put him above most people.

Kurono had flew quite a distance before dropping like a stone. He tried his best efforts to land correctly, but his injury and still ringing ears screwed up his concentration and he fell hard on the ground.

Heh, I'm getting rusty, Kurono thought, trying his best efforts to stay positive. Hadn't fought anyone in awhile; I guess I need more practice.

Then he'd realized that the person he fought was just like he was. He needed to tell Zero, and now. Kurono focused his mind and breathed in deeply as he started to walk in Zero's direction.

Calamity walked the streets of town with a new black cloak on. He loved wearing it, it made him feel so stylish, as a joke, of course. He'd decided that perhaps acting as a superhero in this world was his calling. Besides, if word of him spreads around, the ones that are like him will flock to meet him.

So, to spread his popularity, he had made small cards to drop around town. He'd already been randomly dropping the cards behind him as he walked. The cards were simple, just a small symbol he made with his face on it, along with small, plain text on the back that reads, "Calamity, Defender of the Weak." It was pretty genius, so he thought.

Soon, the whole world will be a-buzz with news of my coming. The people will worship my name, and the ones like me will find me. Everthing's coming together quite nicely...

(( Oh, you are just asking for it. XD ))

Not waiting for Suoh to respond, and in fact nearly ignoring him completely, Sandor flew straight up to the top of the roof, then jumped forward to land. His tail whipped behind him in annoyance as he looked up at the sky, realising something.

"...normal people can't fly," he muttered to himself, but it was too late to do anything about it now.

Walking over to the edge of the roof and peering down, Sandor noticed someone that looked like he or she was wearing a cloak. There were people around, though. His tail flicked again, and he turned around to call Suoh when he saw someone on the roof across from him. The person stared with a large purple eye, the other covered by some sort of cloth strip. Said eye stopped staring when there was a spear through it and through the skull, splattering more-realistic-than-necessary pieces of flesh and bone on the rooftop.

"Don't look at me," he snapped at the corpse. Most likely, if he found anyone else not in a crowd, he'd kill them too. It helped work off his frustration.

If the real people died because of it, what did Sandor care?

Back
Top Bottom