• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Task Force: Code Ryuusen

"What are you guys all just standing around for? I said let's go. They'll be on us if we don't find a safer place right now." Talon started to walk away, heading for the original meeting place. He clutched his primary weapon, in case enemies showed up.

Patashu perked up at this and chuckled. Making a brief sprint to Talon before slowing down to stand beside him he filed into tow, following and wary.

"Ok, then, let's move," Zero said, following Talon intently. "Looks like it begins."

(Got nothing else to say, XD)

Kitten jogged silently beside Talon, senses reaching out in all directions. There was little chance that anyone would be lurking in the shadows, save for their so-called 'stealthy' companion whose behaviour had completely ruined--

No, bad thoughts. Focusing on the bad parts of things was a surefire way to get herself killed by skewing her perspective and clouding her judgement. She focused instead of tuning her eyes and ears, searching for movement other than her teammates, footsteps other than her teammates', anything that would alert her to presence of someone that she would be required to either stun or kill.

Though she still thought that disguising herself as a guard was going to be a long shot at best. Something then occurred to her, a faint spark of an idea. It repulsed her on one level, but it would make better use of her appearance to avoid suspicion.

"Ghost..." she inquired, "Would it be overly farfetched for a guard to have his girlfriend visit him while he's working? More farfetched than a female guard that looks like me, I mean." The answer would likely be yes, unless said girlfriend had a job other than a guard and was on break. She almost hoped the answer was yes. However, the mission came before her comfort, and if playing the hot blond bimbo routine would be better for the mission's success...

Sock frowned, still sort of on edge and wanting to fight something, but decided to keep a steady-pace behind the rest of the group.

"Girlfriend?.." Sock muttered to himself in barely the form of a whisper, "..More likely to devour the guy, than like him." He continued to frown at his own whispers. He didn't have the right to assume anything about Kitten, he'd not met her before this mission, nor had he attempted to be remotely friendly with her.

Socks pace increased until he was amongst the group. He looked a Kitten for a breif moment, then returned his gaze forward. "Could be a good idea, allowing some easy access past excess security.." Though this was an attempt at keeping a bridge unburned, the reality set it fast. "..Though, the securities shifts had already started sometime ago.. Wouldn't they notice if someones girlfriend has randomly come in? Besides, it'd seem strange once they discover we've breached the place.."

Sock looked at Kitten again for a breif moment, with an apolegetic look on his face. Judging from the recent conversations, he expected an icy reply back, somewhat along the same format of the last thing she had said to him.

( sorry for not posting in awhile, i've ben busy)
Ghost turned around at kitten’s idea while walking backwards. “Hmm…That could work but, who is going to be the lucky guard?” he said as he checked the right side of his visors too see how much longer they are away from the room, It was just around the corner.

Kitten looked at Sock with a calm expression, even with a hint of relief. "Point made," she said not without a hint of chill that came with less casual speech, "I only thought that my presence would be less suspicious if I were meant to be someone who only just recently appeared. My looks are a bit...memorable...and someone may skeptical if I passed myself off as someone who regularly worked here."

She made a small gesture toward her torso as she spoke the word 'memorable.' The fact that she was a curvaceous woman could not be denied, and her delicately-featured face and bright blond hair were little less eye-catching. If Sock did not see her point by now, she would give no further explanation.

Kitten glanced at Ghost, raising an eyebrow. 'Lucky guard?' she asked herself. "Well," she commented, "I guess that depends. Unless the identity you've crafted for yourself here is one of a ladies' man, it would be risky for me to be clinging to your arm, in case you're recognized and people start to wonder where your girlfriend happened to come from." In her mind, she also mentally crossed out the idea of Talon or Zero due to age, and contemplated crossing out Shadowcloud simply because she was still annoyed with him and thought it would be a stretch of her acting skill to pretend to be infatuated with him in addition to her bimbo act.

"Simple. Find body armor made for male's and put it on. The shape should stay relatively the same. And if that's too uncomfortable, then just wear more clothes, or just stuff in clothes above your hip to make them seem less noticeable," Garuku explained, nodding toward Kitten.

"Well, keep in mind that 'friends and relatives' may be under more scrutiny than actual officials... it may in fact be harder to get a 'girlfriend' past security than a 'fellow guard.'" Talon thought to himself, These guys are all a bunch of kids... They're well trained and have incredible talent, but they still think like kids sometimes. Oh well..

As he approached the final corner to the room, Talon hid against the wall, keeping his gun up at his chest. He glanced around the corner and noticed a guard about 20 feet away, walking. Without a second thought, he suddenly turned and fired his pistol, hitting the guard in the forehead and killing him instantly. "All right, we're clear... it's the first door on the left, correct?"

Sock took notice and followed Kittens gesture. His head jolted up instantly as he realised what she had meant, not quite sure what to do with himself, feeling slighty awkward he just kept facing in the direction he was running, silently.

His gaze was suddenly broken as he heard Talons shot being fired. His aim was astounding to Sock, slightly jealous he merely patted Talon on the shoulder and gave him a slight nod. "Good shot.." He muttered, "Lead the way.."

Sock took a glance back at the dead Guard, he longed for the ability to use a gun like that.. He'd be near unstoppable if he could. But instead he felt like a liability, everyone else in the squad had a skill near enough required to make yourself be of any use in the military. "Lets hope I have a chance to prove myself.." Sock thought to himself, a slight re-assurance he wasn't useless on this mission.

As Zero followed along the group, he managed to catch on to Sock and Kitten's conversation. Being the only female in the group, Kitten was obviously the only one who would really distract him from the mission. Zero shook his head.

No. Not this time. Nothing's gonna distract me this time, he thought, averting his eyes away from Kitten's body.

Seeing Talon instantly kill a guard with a headshot was the perfect distraction to the distraction. He fought the urge to whistle in awe and grinned instead. He felt kinda jealous that Talon was able to do something so far.

(I apologize for the delay. I was having difficulty coming up with this post.)

Ghost led the rest of the group into his room, closing the door behind them. It wasn't a giant room, containing a bed, a desk, a closet, a small bathroom, and a little kitchen. It looked rather old fashioned except for the fact that on his desk was an assortment of various electronic gadgets and connections. The room itself was kept very neat and organized otherwise. He spoke with the other members, "Take a seat.." He pointed to his bed. "Actually, I wasn't sure exactly how many of you there would be, but I think I have almost enough uniforms myself." He walked over to his closet and pulled out five spare uniforms, attached to hangers, and laid them out on his bed.
"Well, while those who can get changed, let me get down to business.." Ghost then walked over to his desk and opened one of the large bottom drawers, which contained a small combination safe. He then opened it, and took out an electronic holodisc. He activated it, and it began to display holographic images of research papers and blueprints. "I'm sure you all want to know what you're all here to steal, and I'll tell you, when I first saw it, I was amazed. They have combined three of the most advanced technologies: nuclear microfusion, carbon nanotech, and advanced AI, to create what appears to be a complete artificial life form, one with rather amazing abilities." The holodisc image changes to one showing a map of the station. "It is located here, in the research and development sector of the facility." He said, and then he looked back at the group to make sure they were following him. Ghost’s visors were slipping off but he quickly pushed them back onto his face so no one saw his face.

(Thanks Kali for help with post. I was having a huge writers block..)

Sock's reaction to her statement would have made her laugh under less serious circumstances. She did admire the fact that he'd said nothing about her appearance, especially when she was essentially walking right in to a perverted comment. In fact, he'd seemed almost as if he was just realizing what she looked like, something Kitten hadn't exactly seen much of.

Kitten gave Gakuru a sideways glance, looking mildly frustrated at his suggestion. Male armor, right. When clothes tried to make Kitten's body conform to their shape, the clothes lost pretty much every time. Still, he made a point, as did Talon when he mentioned that getting past security may be harder, shortly before he killed a guard with a single well-aimed shot.

When Kitten got in to Ghost's room and saw him take out the extra uniforms, she mentally counted them. Five. If Shadowcloud still had the uniform he'd snatched before, and he would if he had any sense, that would mean there was a uniform for everyone but her. It figured.

Kitten took off her hazard suit as Ghost spoke, allowing her teammates to see the civilian clothes underneath. A sleeveless, midriff-baring top in a bright pink and a pair of navy blue shorts showed off her lean, athletic form. Comfortable black running shoes were on her feet, matching the black elastic keeping her hair up. She set her viper gun to dormant so that is looked simply like a silver band around her wrist, something, if what she knew of fashion on earth was accurate, was a common enough accessory to not have attention drawn to it.

"Artificial lifeform?" she repeated curiously. No wonder they'd been sent; something like that was an amazing scientific achievement and, depending on what it could do, could be an important factor in the struggle between the United Terrestrial Empire and Lunar Alliance. She looked at the map, trying to memorize every feature of it, which she probably didn't need to do but would have felt unprepared not doing.

"Well," Garuku said, snatching a uniform. "Looks like the human race is down the drain if that thing reproduces," he said under his breath. He walked near the holodisk, putting on the top of his new uniform on the way. His eyes traveled to where Ghost had pointed, trying to make out how the building would look like if they weren't blue prints. "So, do you know any of it's abilities and weak points on this new life form?" he asked Ghost. If anything, the most important thing he needed to know where the weak points. With those, a sniper could do wonders.

Sock walked into the room and took the oppurtunity to hop onto Ghosts bed. The first 'comfty' thing to sit on since he left for the mission. He sighed slightly at the mention of wearing the gaurd uniforms, but drew his attention away from the uniforms and holodisc..

'We have a -big- problem..' Sock thought to himself.

His gauntlets weren't exactly.. inconspicious, and he seriously doubted they'd be allowed as part of a gaurds uniform. If he were to get caught in the uniform, he'd have no weapon, but that was the least of his problems. The gauntlets were connected to his nervous system, he couldn't just throw them on and off when he feels like it, if not removed properly the shock could send him into a coma or more likely kill him.

Sock threw himself back on the bed and ran his hands through his hair..

Talon entered into Ghost's bedroom with the others, carefully taking a seat on the bed. He took one of the spare uniforms and quickly, but appropriately, changed out from his hazard suit into it. This while listening to Ghost's speech. "An artificial life form? I knew robotics has come a long way in the past century, but I didn't expect that. I'll have to see this for myself. Do you know what it looks like, Ghost?" He then responded to Garuku's question. "Well, the whole point of this wouldn't be to kill it, but rather to bring it to base for study and teach it to work for us. Though if it becomes hostile for some reason, I suppose it's important to have a plan of last resort."

Back
Top Bottom