• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Team Fortress 2 is now FREE-TO-PLAY! (Plus Meet the Medic)

There can't be camera angles because you control the camera; you are the camera. There's no zoom or anything.

This is why I never play tutorials. Ever.

Lag huh? That's weird, isn't tutorial mode entirely on your own computer? Maybe turn the settings down then. NOT THAT I REALLY KNOW ABOUT THIS SORT OF THING (: (If your internet connection is bad though, I don't think you would enjoy the game... it's a FPS after all)

Ahem, yeah, I just managed to download this'un and totally don't buy games a lot but I mean, FREE OMG not to mention that TF2 has sooo much hype! However I don't think I really want to play another FPS with my overseas friends, because it makes me yell HAX and the like at my computer because I can't really aim/hit anything (: but since there are some super cool local servers, uhm, yeah. I think this is COOL BEANS. My internet is awesome locally.

*cough* Steam doesn't want me to have any friends or anything, or I would join that group too.

Also I heard Medic is great to start with, and I see the logic (follow someone else and heal them around a map you don't know) so I thought I would mention that. Along with... other... starter advice...
krf. This is popular isn't it!!

Downloaded it today, and started playing. It's quite fun. (not that I'm any good at it...)
I'm RespectTheBlade on the tcod group.

Got a steam account and a free copy of Portal, so I'm prob'ly gonna buy it sometime within the next few days.

Okay so my friend figured out why Steam was failing to launch and fixed the problem, so I downloaded TF2.

I suck at combat, so I usually end up being either Sniper or Engineer; that being said I like being Soldier as well, he's pretty fun.

Steam username is Superbird11, and I should be playing the thing by tomorrow morning. Watch me be a total noob. Watch me.

Anyone know why I can't add friends on Steam? It says I need one game in my library and I do have TF2. Does it not count tat because it's free or is Steam just being stupid?

Anyone know why I can't add friends on Steam? It says I need one game in my library and I do have TF2. Does it not count tat because it's free or is Steam just being stupid?

I believe it doesn't count any free games (I have TF2 and some free demo and I also can't add friends). You can kind of circumvent this, however, since you can still accept friend requests. And I was also able to join the tCoD group somehow. Woohoo!...

My summer camp <read: one-week long video game camp> made a nice agreement with Valve.

...and I have TF2 but my mom saw and she's prohibiting me from using it so...

Whenever I play my main is Spy and my Secondary is Medic. I also do Pyro and that's the extent of my skills.

I got this game on 360, and whenever I play it I'm the demoman.

Still, now that it's free, I'll see about forcing my pc to play it.

Percussive reparations is the extent of my ability.

This might be too early, but post your favourite weapons.

Me? The Force-a-Nature. That third jump gets me around crowds easily and combined with the pistol, I can usually clear the area with some cover. It basically knocks both the Scout and the enemy back. Point it at the ground and you fly. And I do mean fly.

Also Your Eternal Reward because it killed me SO. MANY. TIMES. It's a replacement to both the disguise kit and the knife, because each kill disguises you as your last victim. No smoke, no drama, no load time. Soon as that knife lands on the enemy, you don their class. No one need know. Excellent against rampaging Heavies and Snipers.

Joined the group. My Steam account is Serpentica.

I main as Scout, but I love getting glorious stab-streaks with the Eternal Reward as Spy.

Also, if you're new, pyro is probably the best class. You don't even need to aim.

This might be too early, but post your favourite weapons.

I am currently in love with the Medic's Amputator, mostly for its design, but also for its magic violin-taunt-heal powers.

I've never played Team Fortress, but FREE GAME!! :D

Can anyone give me some tips about it?

Just play the training modes and jump right in. Worked for me.

I love getting glorious stab-streaks with the Eternal Reward as Spy.

I. Hate. You.

Seriously, I'll just be healing someone, minding my own business, and suddenly THWACK, I'm dead, and the Heavy in front of me has no clue that that is not me behind him. >:I

Also, if you're new, pyro is probably the best class. You don't even need to aim.

Wrong. You do if you're playing it right. Right meaning in a way in which you'll survive and maximize efficiency.
While the Pyro does use a flamethrower as his/her primary, the player does still need to aim if they want to get anywhere with her/him. You see, the flamethrower, while a powerful as hell weapon, has shitty range which isn't too much better than a melee weapon. If you want to be able to hurt somebody from really far away without relying on afterburn (DON'T RELY ON AFTERBURN), you'll have to use the shotgun (or flare gun if you have it and like it). Those weapons require some aim.

Another Pyro tip: if you have the Degreaser and Axtinguisher, try lighting slow movers on fire with the Degreaser and then smacking them with the Axtinguisher. That's guaranteed to kill pretty much anybody except for perhaps a Heavy, depending on how much health they have.

Back
Top Bottom