• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Teh LOLcat Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no sense in attempting any sort of debate about whether or not something is entertaining, like you could debate about whether it's "right" or "true" or "just".

Also:

Insanity is for light-hearted discussion about nothing in particular, just here for letting people laugh and have a good time.

Not bitching about people who's sense of humor apparently doesn't match yours. The original poster himself even said the humor of it wore thin very quickly. Besides, we aren't even asking you to like it, but rather to not blow up on people who like something you don't. This would probably be a good time to let this go and post a rant elsewhere if you feel so strongly about this, and go ahead and let this thread die.

Last edited:
Besides, we aren't even asking you to like it, but rather to not blow up on people who like something you don't. This would probably be a good time to let this go and post a rant elsewhere if you feel so strongly about this, and go ahead and let this thread die.
why is starting a new unrelated thread to bitch about something minor any better

and why let this thread die? this has the potential to be an interesting discussion about the nature of preference

why is starting a new unrelated thread to bitch about something minor any better

and why let this thread die? this has the potential to be an interesting discussion about the nature of preference

Because this thread doesn't belong in the Insanity board anymore if it's going to become a debate on the nature of preference. Maybe that crack about moving this to the Debate Hall wasn't so far off, after all.

And yeah, it does have potential to turn interesting, but leaving it here in the Insanity board is just asking for a flame war.

Eevee's posts here are actually the funniest thing in this topic. Ironic, ain't it?

It should be a rule that every sig is required to have an Eevee quote. Why, how many people already have an Eevee quote?

sorry but I'm going to have to strongly disagree with this, as extreme a comparison as it is

it's all just what criteria you use to judge

some people use skin color to judge people and don't see a problem with that
some people use randomness to judge humor and don't see a problem with that

neither of these groups are putting any active thought into what they judge by; it just is what it is. some people automatically take "black" to mean worthless. some people automatically take "random" to mean hilarious.

yes, judging people's worth by race is far more undesirable as it directly affects others' well-being etc, but the point was that they are both horrendously bad criteria to use, and that really irks people who have found better criteria.

how others judge things does affect us in a similar way, you know. whatever gets popular gets more attention funneled into it, which means more crap churned out and less focus on actual quality. look at the movie industry.

and dudes sorry for hijacking your thread; I know you would have had a riveting discussion without us
Well, I'd like to start by saying that there is nothing wrong with considering other races inferior until you start harming people based on that opinion. (And for the record, "harm" is anything negative, really). But of course, there is no such thing as a racist who doesn't act in accordance with his racist views at least in part... Still, the point is that there is nothing wrong with having an utterly idiotic opinion unless that opinion leads to something bad. I'm pretty sure racism inevitably leads to something bad, but I don't know about the whole LOLcat thing... Having an admittedly terrible sense of humour and finding the LOLcat Bible amusing doesn't really cause anyone any (foreseeable?) distress.

Personally, I'd even like to say that the more advanced, ingenious or subtle the comedy you require to be amused, the worse! After all, a simpler sense of humour means that simpler things amuse you, and amusement is a positive feeling. If you're not content with today's comedic standards, maybe you're the one judging by the wrong criteria? Humm!

I see I'm going to have to bring up the subjectivity issue again... What you personally consider to be crap is obviously not so to everyone else. What exactly makes your criteria "better"? Why is your sense of humour superior to theirs?

whatever gets popular gets more attention funneled into it, which means more crap churned out and less focus on actual quality.
What is "actual quality"? If whatever is popular is unamusing, would it be able to retain that popularity? And if the masses do find it amusing, why is it crap?

at least stupid youtube memes stay on youtube for the most part.

Unlike stupid /b/tard memes, which are spread by all the cool people all over the internet faster than you can say "take yer damn mudkip and shove it"

also my opinion on lolcats: some are alright, some aren't.

Eevee's posts here are actually the funniest thing in this topic. Ironic, ain't it?

It should be a rule that every sig is required to have an Eevee quote. Why, how many people already have an Eevee quote?
This.

I have looked at the lolcat bible before and personally did not find it worth my while. However I must confess that I visit ICHC now and then when I'm bored and want a chuckle. I admit that a lot of it is pretty dumb stuff, but I find it rewarding to sift through the dumb ones to find one really funny one. :P

But indeed this thread has probably made me smile more than fifty lolcats. Carry on, carry on!

Heh, this topic has been revived...
What exactly makes your criteria "better"? Why is your sense of humour superior to theirs?

Woah...

You just said what I was thinking all along.
Yeah, I agree here, just because you don't have the same sense of humor as others, you don't need to tell them their humor's "crap" or "horrible".

By the way... it's not "random" that counts for me, really, it's just... I'm pretty easily amused(well, depends on what it is) I guess. I find lolcats funny, but not because of "randomness".

*gets out the hammer of DOOM* All you people here that don't like LOLcats, look at my hammer and don't call your local geek please. *Is LOLcat insane* Yeah, the text is hard to read, no offense, learn to read it. Like dogs? Cats are evolutionarily related to dogs. Fish insane? Uhh...*does not have an answer that makes sense* Yeah. For all of you born Pokemon lovers, i'm gonna make a thing for the LOLcats community with Pokemon in it. So yeah. *happy mood in self after relieving all that*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom