• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Absence Sheet

Starting on Thursay I'm going to be on a trip. I'm fairly certain I'll have internet access but whether I can write reffings is anyone's guess.

In five hours or so, I'll be leaving for quite a while and I might have internet at all until the 23rd.

I'm feeling rather sick today, and combined with my lack of motivation recently, I'm probably not going to be able to put out any reffings soon-ish.

For the past few months I've been having a really awful time concentrating on... well, anything at all, to the point where I'm mildly concerned about it. This is a large part of why I haven't been reffing, why I haven't sent in the scores for the latest round of the metronome contest, why there is a hueg backlog of attributes to approve in the PRO (I think... honestly I haven't been paying close attention to anything that wasn't a direct question to me), etc.. I don't know why my ability to focus and work has taken such a hit lately, but it's making me feel bad and I am trying to think of ways to deal with this and get all of the stuff I'm letting slide under control. Maybe I'm overloading myself with this + other stuff or I'm secretly stressed out or I need to take a break from reffing or I have possibly just turned into the most useless lazyass ever, I dunno, but I am going to find out! and hopefully should be able to speed things up once I do.

So basically I'm not going anywhere for a while, and I am going to try and force myself to stay on top of things because I legitimately need to do something about whatever issue I'm having, but if things stay slow for a while then at least you know why, k. I'd really appreciate it if my battlers didn't ask for e-refs because I'm trying, or at least trying to try, but if you're fed up with waiting for me then you have every right to go get someone else to handle things while I work through this. Just wanted to give people an explanation.

(and at the very least I do have the calculations for the next round of each of my battles done already, so let me finish those if nothing else.)

gdi.

Off to Santa Fe tomorrow. It's gonna be a long ride so I'll definitely be writing and getting other work done but I can't confirm that I'll have internet access there (though any self-respecting hotel really ought to have a WiFi hotspot at this point).

I... I actually have a bit of writers block/boredom of writing commands. I love ASB, but I'm probably not gonna be writing commands for a while.

Starting tomorrow, I'll be traveling. Dunno if I'll get any connection or when exactly I'll come back, but one way or the other, my battles are gonna have to wait some more. Feel free to get an e-ref if you're really bugged.

I'm going to Vancouver in about an hour, and I won't be back until Saturday. Besides when I'm on the ferry I'll have zero internet access, as I'm staying with my grandparents who don't even have a computer.

Can someone kick me if I'm on anytime from now until Friday at 2200 UTC-7? I have way, way, way too much work. Thanks.

Sorry, everyone I'm reffing for. I've got a whole lot of stuff going on right now, and I'm afraid ASB is gonna have to be put on hold for a little while. Get yourselves an e-ref if you like.

Eh, I think I'm gonna have to give up on reffing for a while. My motivation to write is just... dead. Absolutely dead. Probably spent from so much writing I've had to do in these past couple of weeks for certain projects of mine. It's just too much. Go get a Emergency Ref, yeah, I won't be coming back to ref in ASB for a while, probably.

I know I said a lot earlier that I'd be gone this week, but things changed and I'm not. Not that there's any activity in my battle anyway, but still. Next week I will absolutely for sure be gone. Then after that I'm back for a week, then I'm gone for another week.

Just making sure this is reiterated.

I am going to be away from Tuesday the 26th to Sunday the 31st; I might have sparse internet access, but I probably won't have any at all. I should be fine to give commands once I return, but if something happens I'll try and amend this post.

Back
Top Bottom