• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Absence Sheet

I've had a little more difficulty with internet access than I anticipated since I've gotten home. I may be around sporadically, but I'll at least be able to keep up with reffings much more consistently than I did during the spring semester. I'll be relying on approvers, bank staff, and so forth to keep those threads under control when I can't be online.

I can't believe I'm having to come in here and say this again, but yeah, more bloody internetfail. I don't think I can even blame this one on my dad this time. :/ Hopefully a single call to our provider should fix whatever the hell they broke on their end, but I have no internet at home as of when I left for class an hour ago, and since I don't know anything about what happened this time I can't say whether I'll have it back in a day or in a month. hstsdjgsasfasgj

(oshit and no cable and Mythbusters is on tonight and rrrrrrfffggh)

EDIT (late but there was boardfail): False alarm, everything seems to be okay. I'm still going to hurt my ISP, but yeah, I'm here after all.

Last edited:
Don't worry Kratos, Mythbusters was a repeat. It was the 'Compact Compact' revisit, tyhe one with rockets.

I tried posting an absence thingy but boardfail.

It seemes my internet has caught Kratos' Internet's "hahahahaha no" disease and is being a pain. Plus school is almost out (3 days) but I still have a German Test, a Literature Test, a Pre-Calculus Test, but thank god no Science.

I'll be gone for a little while camping. It's probably only the weekend, but I'm not exactly sure, so I'll post again when I get back.

I asked moon-panther to post this for me earlier, but I guess that didn't happen, sooo...

Like last year, I'll be without access to the forums on weekdays for most of the rest of the summer, although I may be able to get on on the weekends. However, my brother's computer is having some pretty severe issues, so if we can't get it fixed I won't be able to get on then, either.

That's also where I was all last week.

(Though I mightb be on tommorow, I wanna post this now just in case I'm gone early.)

Well. Starting tommorow I'll be gone up to say, five, six days, going to place hotter than hell, infested with rattlesnakes, to jump into a snowmelt-river with an average temperature of 33-35 farenheight. Delightful, going to some hellhole to fish, is it not?

Oh, and the windstorms around here have been knocking out the internet connection (Even the electricity, sometimes! :O) frequently, so that might extend the period of time I'm away.

so my internet, right

Actually, no. For once my internet is fine. I only have one day of school left before I have a month off, but that one day is next Monday and I only have until then to figure out how to get three final projects to stop totally kicking my ass. I'm afraid I won't be reffing much until then, and will probably continue trying to avoid the forums entirely for a short while, although I will try and make a brief exception for Summergale vs. zeKieranator in the next day or two so that they can actually get started sometime soon. I'm (mostly) all yours come Tuesday morning, I promise. I hope. :/

I might not be coming on as usual, missing three or four days in a row, maybe a week max. I have other things this summer.

...And I'm flooded with assignments that will easily last me until about the 20th. Until then, I doubt I'll be on at all.

I just have wayy too much to do.

It's that time in the month.

... That time when there are lots of exams to go through, of course.

Doesn't stop me from reffing, but, delays are very likely to occour.

On the other hand, though, once this stuff is dealt with, my vacations begin, so, I'm expecting to ref with little to no delay then.

Well. I've been writing quite a bit for the last few days, and I'm in sort of a writing mood, enough to actually distract me from reffing apparently. So I might be a little slow due to that.

The big problem here, however is this. I just spent two hours on the phone with my dad while he tried coaching me through installing a new router, which gave us some sort of error that neither of us understood. We decided to set up the old one for the time being, but we almost couldn't get it to work again, it's so old. Anyway... we're trying again at some point tomorrow. And in the event that I royally **** up again, I'm posting this advance warning that I might not be around for... well, several weeks. I certainly hope I'm wrong.

/unnecessarily long explanation

Because of the obscurely odd way my school works, I now have to do 11 tests crammed into one week, so I'll be pretty slow this week, but next week, I'm going to summer camp for a week. So yeah.

So my internet access has been a teensy bit more spotty than anticipated, which is why I haven't been around much and haven't been on for long when I do show up. However, at least starting in July I should have more normal access for at least two or three weeks. Sorry I haven't been able to keep things running tightly this summer.

In two weeks I travel to Duestchland, land of ((some of)) my ancestors!

I might be able to come online while in Berlin for two weeks, but not often.

Wish me luck in Germany!

((And I might come back with a slightly thicker German accent than normal! I can now cosplay a medic!!))

[[And FMC, I'll bring you back a Medic since you luv to play them]]

Well....

My parents have decided to block my access to forums entirely. They claim its whats making my grades drop, despite the fact that I improved compared to last year.

Regardless though, it means I officially leave TCoD. For a while. Maybe forever. Scratch that, probably forever. Therefore, I completely destroy my ASB account, and set my trainer card on fire. And to thunder and Patar, you guys will obviously need an e-ref. Sorry.

Twas a fun ride guys, but all good things come to an end.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom