• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress The Adventures of Chris

Okay, here's Chapter Two!

Chapter Two; A Pokemon Decision

Chris opened his eyes. For a while he lay in bed, but then he remembered. He sat bolt upright, and threw the sheets off his bed. He ran downstairs and checked the time. Seven o’clock. He didn’t have to be at the lab until nine, so he had a big breakfast to power him for the big day ahead. He packed his bag with the necessities, food, water, Pokemon Food, a map and some clothes, as well as some unnecessary items, candy, a card game, a chess set and a book. He fetched his belt and put it on. It had six slots for Pokeballs to fit into, and two small pouches on the right to hold his Pokedex and licence.

By the time he was done, it was eight o’clock, and his parents were just waking up, so while they evaluated the contents of his bag, Chris spent an hour on the computer, checking the lab news. Afterwards, Chris stood by the door as he got ready to leave. “Goodbye, Chris!” shouted his father. “Don’t forget to come back and show us your Pokemon!” called his mother.

Chris licked his lips, and checked his watch. Eight fifty-nine, and Rob was nowhere to be seen. Just as his watch clicked to nine o’clock, Rob turned up on a bicycle from the only direction Chris wasn’t watching. Zoe had arrived a few minutes ago, and Rob was the last to turn up. Chris sighed. “For a few seconds there you had me thinking you’d get stuck with a Magikarp!” he joked.
“I’ve been thinking, and Magikarp’s not so bad,” replied Rob. “After all, Gyarados is pretty cool.” The two boys laughed. “So, who’re you gonna choose?” asked Chris. “You know me, I love water types, that Dripkat’s as good as mine. How about you?” Rob replied.
“Fallamanda’s pretty cool,” Chris said. “But I’ll still beat you!”

At that moment the door to the lab swung open. A flustered-looking assistant in a white coat stood in the doorway. “C-come this way, the professor is waiting,” he stammered. The three students followed the assistant into the lab. At the end of the room, a tall woman with long black hair stood by a table. On the table, three Pokeballs sat. Good morning,” said the woman. “I am Professor Palm. I trust that you are Zoe, Chris and Rob?” The three students nodded. “Please, come and choose your Pokemon.”

Al three stepped forward and laid their hand on a Pokeball. Zoe was on the left, Rob on the right, and Chris in the middle. Simultaneously, they all threw their Pokeballs into the air, where they opened with a pop, and three beams of light shot out.

“Leefa!!”
“Rrreow!!”
“Manda!”

Two Pokemon stood on the floor. The other floated. The floating one was called Leafarth. Three small leaves hung off its body, and were being used to catch the air and keep the little Pokemon afloat. It could be identified as male, because it had two vertical lines above its eyes. The other two were quadrupeds, and they both looked at each other questioningly. The one on the right was called Dripkat. It had a body build like that of a kitten, and its fur was blue. Its back held a row of short spikes, which could be used to identify the Pokemon as female, because the spikes were larger on males. On the end of its long tail, a small blade shaped like a water droplet rested. The last Pokemon was a Fallamanda. It was lizard like, lightly built and agile. Skinny legs supported its red body, and its tail ended in a small flame. An orange stripe ran down its body, ending at the flame. It was identifiable as male due to the tail’s dark tip.

“I hope you are happy with your new Pokemon,” said Professor Palm as she handed the children their own Pokedex and Pokeballs. Chris and Rob looked at each other. Was she kidding!? Both boys had been waiting for this moment their entire lives! Zoe took a look at her Leafarth. “I’ll call you... Leafy!” she exclaimed. ‘Leafy’ did a small jump and followed his trainer out of the building. Chris went and stooped down in front of Fallamanda. “You don’t seem so bad. I was worried I’d get a bad trainer,” said the Pokemon. Rob talked to his Dripkat, soothing her and making her calm down. “ I don’t think we should battle just yet,” Rob said. “I think we should take some time to get to know our Pokemon first.”

Chris went home with Fallamanda, and Rob took Dripkat to his house. He got to front door and knocked on it. It was answered by Chris’s father. “Given up becoming the Champ already?” he joked. Chris shook his head. “No, I just want Fallamanda and I to get used to each other,” he replied and after showing Fallamanda to his mother, went up to his room.

What do you think? Tell me!

Last edited:
Well, there is no physical difference between Fallamanda and Charmander

I might be wrong, but a quadruped is an animal that normally stands on four legs all the time, while Fallamanda has four legs, it seems that it only normally stands on two.

_Ditto_, do you mean by 'takes care of both points' that my trainerfic no longer bears resemblance to TQftL, and Fallamanda isn't too similar to Charmander? Please say yes. Although, I have a feeling I messed something up in that chapter. Might be just me though. It could also be the fact that next-to-nothing happens.

Last edited:
I was talking about Fallmanda's resemblance to Charmander and the Quadruped Quandary.
And yeah, its different from TQftL

Okay, I know it took a while (I have lazy syndrome) but Chapter Three is here!

Chapter Three; The Beginner Battle

“So, uh, hi?”
Chris and Fallamanda were sitting in Chris’s room, nervously looking each other in the eye.
“Hi to you, too,” replied Fallamanda. “I was wondering what my trainer would be like. You don’t seem so bad, not many trainers would take the time to get to know their Pokemon first.”
“I was wondering what my Pokemon would be like, too,” replied Chris. “You don’t seem so bad either, you seem pretty friendly.” The two looked at each other and grinned. Chris offered his arm to Fallamanda, who scuttled up it to rest on Chris’s shoulder.

“Where’d you grow up?” asked Fallamanda as they walked together to the lab to meet Rob. “Well, I was born in Cyntina City, but we relocated here to Crossvine when I was about two, so I don’t remember much of it,” replied Chris. “Why did you ask?”
“ I was just wondering, that’s all,” answered the Pokemon. “You’re a little like me in that regard. I was born in Victory Volcano like most Fallamanda, but I was captured and put into captivity at a very young age, so I don’t remember much, either.” They came to a stop outside the lab. “I wonder where Rob is?” Chris wondered aloud. “Here I am!” Chris tripped backwards as Rob jumped out from behind a bush. “So, are we gonna battle or what?”

The two boys stood facing each other, about ten metres apart. “Pokeball, GO!” the yelled simultaneously. As the red-and-white spheres exploded on the ground, a blinding white light shot out and took form of the two Pokemon, Fallamanda and Dripkat.

“Fallamanda, Scratch!” commanded Chris. The little salamander started to run towards Dripkat, and upon reaching her, raked his claws upon her face, making Dripkat screech in pain as three red lines appeared on her face. “Dripkat, Tackle!” yelled Rob. Dripkat obeyed, slamming her body into Fallamanda’s, knocking him to the ground. “That’s gonna leave a mark,” groaned the Pokemon.

Chris prepared for the next round of commands. “Focus Energy!” he roared. Fallamanda began to glow a dull orange colour, which soon faded. Rob seemed to know what Chris was trying to do, and commanded Dripkat; “Tackle, hard as you can!” Again, Dripkat launched herself at her opponent, and again, she made contact, and Fallamanda was knocked into the dust. A he painfully hauled himself to his feet, he began to glow with a red aura. “Blaze,” Chris muttered under his breath. “Shame Fallamanda doesn’t know any fire-type moves yet. Okay, Fallamanda, we don’t have much left, so Scratch as hard as you can, and hope Focus Energy kicks in!” he commanded. Fallamanda readied his claws, and all of a sudden he knew exactly where to strike for the most damage. “MAANNDAA!” he cried has he aimed his claws at Dripkat’s vulnerable spot, raking them across as Dripkat screeched in pain, and finally gave way to unconsciousness.

Frowning, Rob returned Dripkat into her Pokeball. He walked up Chris and the two boys shook hands.

“Good game.”

Well that's it. It's a bit shorter than the others, but I feel I actually did well on this one. Please rate and crit so I can improve. Oh yes, I realized something was missing in Chapter Two. Can anyone guess what is is? That's right. The graduates did not receive their Pokedexes. I'll edit it in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom