• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Alternative Electric Types Club

Crazy Weavile

HAI GUYZ
Basically, this is a club for Electric-type Pokemon not named Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, Plusle, Minun, or Pachirisu- for the ones that aren't sickeningly "cute". Discuss REAL electric-types here.

Rules:
1. This is not an anti-"cute" Electrics club. This is a fan club for the OTHER Electrics, and should be treated as such.
2. No flaming- if you don't like the Pokemon, why join?
3. In accordance with rule 1, don't flame the "cute" Electrics. They aren't what this club is about.

Members:
Crazy Weavile
Animorph
Chimera
Ruffledfeathers
Zephyrous Castform
Miyari
EeveeSkitty
Thorn
Teh Ebil Snorlax
Flora and Ashes
Frozen Weta

So, what's your favorite Electric-type, discounting the "cute" ones?
Me? I'd say it's Raikou. It's an electrified tiger... there's something wrong with you if you don't find that awesome.

Last edited:
My favorite would have to be Manectric/Electrike. I love wolves, I love electric types, so when I discovered them, It all sort of fell into place. I use them in every playthrough of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.

... *sobs in her little Plusle/Minun-loving corner*

But I'll join anyway! I adore Electrike, Manectric, Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Chinchou Lanturn, Rotom, etc.~ Electric is one of my favorite types!

Luxray line and Rotom are indeed awesome. Surprised nobody's brought up the Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire line, though. And... I hate Electrike, but love Manectric.

This is growing fast. But; I digress. I don't really like the Mareep line; they're too slow. In a bit, we'll be starting a new discussion. I need some suggestions.

Can I join?
I like Manectric line, Lantern line, Luxray line, Rotom, Mareep Line, Raikou, Zapdos and [I like Plusle and Minun but electric types are one of my favs, well actually my fav but still...] You are not crazy Chimera and no one will tell me that.

From the electric type lover EeveeSkitty

*joins*

Though I do ask, what is your definition of a "real" electric type? Because my Pachirisu is kinda offended.

I like Rotom, Electrike/Manectric, and Shinx/Luxio/Luxray, though. ^^

Mine would be basically avoiding the cutsy types that have been so popularized for the sure purpose of putting a cute face on Pokemon that end up inserting themselves into several teams.

Last edited:
OK. Before I listed the electrics I like but my favorite. Um, luxray line is my fav and it is in the top six pokemon I like of ALL TIME. So yeah go Luxray...

From the electric type lover eeveeskitty

Zapdos, Raikou, Jolteon, and the Shinx, Mareep, and Electrike lines for me (based entirely aesthetically - I don't battle competitively and really don't know their stats or ideal movesets or whathaveyou). I do like the cutesy ones, too, but not more or less than the ones above - I just really like electric types. No matter what the game, I've always been a speed player - whether the speed related to who got a hit in first, accuracy, or evasion - so I'm not surprised I'm attached to electrics. Even though I don't competitively battle, in fanfiction and such I do view their speeds as relevant to all three - basically a "fast enough to dodge what the opponent throws and too fast for them to escape" strategy. ...I can tell it's late because I typed all that.

Does anyone else have a reasoning for enjoying electrics? Or is it just a thing?

Yeah. Speed is my fav stat with HP coming second.
So electrics are pretty much speedy.
3rd is S Attack
4th is S Defence
5th is Attack
6th Defence

...excuse me, what? They're electric types too! What's so wrong with the Pichu line? I like electric types, but not this club.

*leaves*

Nice. I'll join.

...Wow, why has everyone ignored the Magnemite and Voltorb lines? They're awesome, too!

As for me, I love the Magnemite line, the Voltorb line, Elekid and Electabuzz (sorry, I just really, really don't like Electivire), the Chinchou line, Manectric and Rotom. The Shinx line, Mareep line, Electrike and Zapdos are okay, but I can't say they're my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom