• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Aurion Home for the Belligerent Elderly

Cue the questionboat!

- Curse or Nightmare on Drifloon?
- Acupressure, Copycat, Entertainment, Focus Energy or Tickle on Lickitung?
- Quiver Dance on Scyther? (and for that matter, can they learn Steel-type moves ahead of evolution? or, if they learn Flying-type moves, do they keep them after evolution?)
- Aura Sphere, Barrier, Final Gambit, Future Sight, Stored Power or Teleport on Meditite?
- Aromatherapy, Amnesia, Barrier, Heal Block, Heal Pulse or Imprison on Exeggcute?

If I'm not mistaken, Drifloon already learns Nightmare through Platinum tutor.

EDIT: Guess what, I was mistaken.

EDIT: Where the hell did I got that Nightmare was a move tutor?

Last edited:
Where the hell did I got that Nightmare was a move tutor?
In XD it was, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, to add to the pile: Last Resort on Taillow? Acupressure, Belly Drum or Teeter Dance on Aipom? Acupressure, Chip Away, Extremespeed, Fake Out, Swords Dance or Tickle on Tauros?

Last edited:
Cue the questionboat!

- Curse or Nightmare on Drifloon?
- Acupressure, Copycat, Entertainment, Focus Energy or Tickle on Lickitung?
- Quiver Dance on Scyther? (and for that matter, can they learn Steel-type moves ahead of evolution? or, if they learn Flying-type moves, do they keep them after evolution?)
- Aura Sphere, Barrier, Final Gambit, Future Sight, Stored Power or Teleport on Meditite?
- Aromatherapy, Amnesia, Barrier, Heal Block, Heal Pulse or Imprison on Exeggcute?

-yes, yes
-no, no, no, yes, yes
-no; I think I remember being told that a pokémon can only be taught moves of its type(s), regardless of potential evolutions; but yes, it is okay if they learn a move in one form that later becomes off-type after evolution. If you removed it, though, you couldn't get another one and would have to stick to the evolution's types.
-yes, yes, no, yes, yes, yes
-yes, yes, yes, no, no, no

In XD it was, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, to add to the pile: Last Resort on Taillow? Acupressure, Belly Drum or Teeter Dance on Aipom? Acupressure, Chip Away, Extremespeed, Fake Out, Swords Dance or Tickle on Tauros?

yes; no, no, yes; no, yes, no, no, no. I'd probably be okay with quick attack on tauros, though.

Very well.

Getting Nightmare for my Drifloon; Mirror Coat for my Tangela; Barrier for my Exeggcute; Focus Energy for my Lickitung; Quick Attack for my Tauros; Aura Sphere for my Meditite; Teeter Dance for my Aipom.

That should amount to $60.

Also, Acrobatics or Hurricane on Scyther, then?

Very well.

Getting Nightmare for my Drifloon; Mirror Coat for my Tangela; Barrier for my Exeggcute; Focus Energy for my Lickitung; Quick Attack for my Tauros; Aura Sphere for my Meditite; Teeter Dance for my Aipom.

That should amount to $60.

Also, Acrobatics or Hurricane on Scyther, then?

Hm... acrobatics yes, hurricane no.

and if I bought a move for a type-changed evolution, then had its brain eaten, would it retain the off-type move?

...it would depend. If the move becomes outright ridiculous or impossible for the prevo to pull off, I think Negrek at least would prefer you got rid of it. If it's still reasonable, sure, it can stay.

Last edited:
Would wobbuffet possibly be able to learn calm mind, barrier, light screen, magic coat, reflect, teleport, or trick room?

I don't know if I'm allowed to let wynaut/wobbuffet learn anything, but if I were then only magic coat would be acceptable out of those.

Hmm.

Blaze Kick Magby?
Aura Sphere Tyrogue? What about evolutions?
Bug Buzz Heracross?
Aqua Tail or Whirlpool Panpour? Aqua Ring?
Tri Attack Girafarig?
Aqua Jet Slowpoke?
Cross Poison Nidoran/Nidorino/Nidoking?
Dig Phanpy?
Bug Buzz Pineco? Forretress?
Rock Wrecker Aron?

/ALL the questions

wtf is up with multiquote lately

Skylark said:
Fake out or bide on Togepi or Cleffa?
Pain Split on Togekiss or Clefable? What is the general idea on pain split?

No to the first two, but fake out would be okay on togekiss. I'll have to think about the latter two.

Also, you need to edit a bank link in there.

Hmm.

Blaze Kick Magby?
Aura Sphere Tyrogue? What about evolutions?
Bug Buzz Heracross?
Aqua Tail or Whirlpool Panpour? Aqua Ring?
Tri Attack Girafarig?
Aqua Jet Slowpoke?
Cross Poison Nidoran/Nidorino/Nidoking?
Dig Phanpy?
Bug Buzz Pineco? Forretress?
Rock Wrecker Aron?

/ALL the questions

yes
no to all
no
yes to all
no
no
no
no
no to both
yes

In general: I realize I've said a lot of "I'll think about it"s lately and have not yet given definitive answers. I'm still really not feeling that great and cba to actually think about this stuff right now, to be perfectly honest. If you're desperate for an answer, ask Negrek; otherwise, I'll try and set aside some time for figuring this out as soon as I can. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom