• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
3vs3 single
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap: 33%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, suicide moves, direct healing, weather moves, most Ground-type moves (Earthquake, Mud-Slap, etc.)
Arena: A Bowl of Lucky Charms

Either everyone has been shrunken temporarily or this is one seriously huge bowl of Lucky Charms cereal! Typically, only one Pokémon could fit comfortably on a single marshmallow or oat bit, but if they are small enough or are flexible enough to position themselves appropriately, both battlers may stand on the same piece of cereal. Every edible platform in this gargantuan bowl is floating in creamy, cold, white milk. While this milk is as smooth as and can be used in the same ways as water, Pokémon submerged within it are virtually blind, as you can't exactly see through such an opaque white liquid. Any Pokémon with a flame on its body will receive 1% damage for every action that its flame is submerged. An invisible force-field is in the form of a dome above the bowl, completing it to make a sphere shape - because of this, the Pokémon cannot exit the cereal bowl. The ceiling of a kitchen can be seen far above the bowl.

The oat bits are either an X-shape or in the shape of the number 4. There are various kinds of marshmallows, including pink hearts, blue half-moons, green clovers, purple horseshoes, shooting stars, red balloons, orange "pots of gold", "rainbows" (actually just an arch of pink, yellow, and blue), and golden doors. While it won't happen if the marshmallow is simply floating around, a key-shaped hole will appear in the golden doors if they are drenched with water and/or milk.

At any time, either Pokémon may use one action to consume part of an oat bit (never a marshmallow!) or some milk. The oat will heal 5% health, while the milk will restore 3% of both health and energy. Every round, there is a 5% chance that a giant will eat some cereal with a proportionate silver spoon. While neither Pokémon nor humans within the bowl will be eaten, some bits of cereal may be scooped up and a tiny wave will travel throughout the bowl, which would probably knock most Pokémon into the sea of milk. After this, the cereal will not be replaced, so it will be a bit more difficult to maneuver with less to stand on.

At the end of the round, there is a 10% chance for both Pokémon to munch on an adjacent marshmallow. What type of marshmallow is chosen at random, and they have the following effects:

- Pink heart: Restores 7% health
- Blue half-moon: The effects of Gravity take place for the duration of the next round.
- Green clover: The Pokémon's attacks will all start at a critical hit domain of one higher than normal for the duration of the next round.
- Purple horseshoe: For the next round, the Pokémon's speed is increased by 1.
- Shooting star: For the next round, the Pokémon take the form of each other. They have access to each other's ability and movepool, but the health and energy remains based upon who is commanding the Pokémon. If both nibble on shooting stars, nothing happens.
- Red balloon: For the next round, the Pokémon gains the ability to consensually hover. If it could already hover or fly, its speed is increased by 1 instead.
- Orange pot of gold: The Pokémon's trainer gains an extra $1 at the end of the battle, not exceeding a maximum of $3 as a result of this bonus. If the $3 limit is reached and this marshmallow is nibbled again, the Pokémon instead regains 5% health.
- Rainbow: The Pokémon's type changes each action of the next round to ensure it doesn't receive super-effective damage. At the end of the next round, its typing is returned to normal.
- Golden door (solid): Safeguard is activated for this Pokémon during the next round.
- Golden door (keyhole): The Pokémon gains +1 Attack and Special Attack for the next round.

Other: Only basic- or baby-stage Pokémon may be used.
Concerning the marshmallows, I do mean both Pokémon. So if they nibble on marshmallows at the end of the round, both Pokémon will do so, though the marshmallow nibbled will probably be different for each. In essence, there will never be a round where one Pokémon nibbles a marshmallow while the other doesn't.

I will accept this challenge!
The Damage Cap feels slightly low to me, can you raise it to about 45%?

Wow, I simply love this. Sign me up!

...Normal people have a 3-battle limit, and us cool refs have a 4-battle limit instead...

...which I intend to fill right here. This looks fun!

Again, I'll take this challenge, if that's okay...Provided that I have that Togepi I got from uv by the time it begins.

Since I only have one active battle, could I take both these challenges? I'd like as much experience as possible =)

Also, I'd like my Shinx before these start, but if I don't have him then it's still fine =p

EDIT: Sory, Legendaryseeker99, but those two make three active battles for me =/
Feel free to use this arena to post your own challenge, though! =)

Since I only have one active battle, could I take both these challenges? I'd like as much experience as possible =)

Also, I'd like my Shinx before these start, but if I don't have him then it's still fine =p

EDIT: Sory, Legendaryseeker99, but those two make three active battles for me =/
Feel free to use this arena to post your own challenge, though! =)

Ah, that sucks.
This looks like a fun arena, and I would have liked to battle in it.

You can reuse it if you'd like =)

Also, I've edited in one more note at the end of the arena description about how Rock-type moves function. Does this cause a problem for anyone?

4vs4 single/double (up to acceptor)
Style: Set
DQ: 1/52 year
Damage Cap: 39.6% (Im speshul!)
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Suicide moves(last Pokemon only), Weather moves, Moves with 100+Base Power(before bonuses and STAB)
Arena: Epic Rap Battles of History stage

The green room where the Epic Rap Battles of History are filmed. And there's a nice beat going too! Of course we can't damage the equipment, so turn it down from 11. You can't get through the floor, so no dig or Earth Power, and the only sand/mud is from a few potted plants, so those moves are allowed.

While battling, a character from the videos might affect the battle somehow after the final action:

Darth Vader: (A little Carbonite bath...) Causes severe freezing to a random battler.

Easter Bunny: (I give people candy, you just like to pillage...) All battlers regain 10% energy

Stephen Hawking: (I'll be stretching out the rhyme, like Gravity stretches time...) Gravity and Trick Room are applied.

Adolf Hitler: (Even went back in time, and turned you whack in the prequel...) Undoes the final action, gives a random battler severe confusion, then the new final action is reffed.

Hulk Hogan: (I'll choke hold you hostage like Laura Ling...) Puts a random battle under the effects of Wrap*shot for bad puns*

Genghis Khan: (You'll need more than luck...) Reduces a battler's accuracy by 1 stage

Chuck Norris: He just Roundhouse kicks everyone for 10% damage.

Nothing happens: Boring

Notes: Each effect has an equal chance.

Please at least know what an Epic Rap Battle of History is before accepting. It would also make the refs job easier if you knew too.

What's this? Refs have are allowed to have 4 active battles? Looks like I can actually take this. Yay! Oh, and make it double because I've never fought in one of those before.

Also can someone ref one of my battles because I only have one going on right now and I'm bored.

Ok then.

4vs4 double
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Suicide moves(last Pokemon only), Weather moves, Moves with 100+Base Power(before bonuses and STAB)

The green room where the Epic Rap Battles of History are filmed. And there's a nice beat going too! Of course we can't damage the equipment, so turn it down from 11. You can't get through the floor, so no dig or Earth Power, and the only sand/mud is from a few potted plants, so those moves are allowed.

While battling, a character from the videos might affect the battle somehow after the final action:

Darth Vader: (A little Carbonite bath...) Causes severe freezing to a random battler.

Easter Bunny: (I give people candy, you just like to pillage...) All battlers regain 10% energy

Stephen Hawking: (I'll be stretching out the rhyme, like Gravity stretches time...) Gravity and Trick Room are applied.

Adolf Hitler: (Even went back in time, and turned you whack in the prequel...) Undoes the final action, gives a random battler severe confusion, then the new final action is reffed.

Hulk Hogan: (I'll choke hold you hostage like Laura Ling...) Puts a random battle under the effects of Wrap*shot for bad puns*

Genghis Khan: (You'll need more than luck...) Reduces a battler's accuracy by 1 stage

Please at least know what an Epic Rap Battle of History is before accepting. It would also make the refs job easier if you knew too.

Made it double and removed the weird cap.

Ok then.

4vs4 double

Made it double and removed the weird cap.

Erm... in that case I accept this challenge! Again!

4 vs 4 single
DQ: Two Weeks
Banned Moves: OHKO Moves (Sheer Cold, Fissure, Etc.), Suicide Moves (Selfdestruct, Explosion, Final Gambit, Etc.), Chills limited to 3 per Pokemon
Arena: The Challenge Board

This is a special arena. Specifically due to the fact that it does not take place somewhere, but does.

The battle starts on a forum that is white in color, and has a Dewgong and some letters on top. There are also other parts of the board that can be used as platforms. The board will not change in the first round. It has a 100% chance to change at the start of Round 2.

Every round, there is a 35% chance that the arena will change to one that the ref has reffed previously, the arena being of the ref's choosing. If the arena is a bowl of Lucky Charms, just like above, Earthquake must be added to the Banned Moves list, unless the ref can deal with Earthquake being used.

All effects and actions from the stage can be performed. To keep the battlers from being confused on this, the ref should post the arena it changed to, so the battlers know what actions can be performed, and any limits. The banned moves above, however, are always in effect regardless of the stage.

All this takes place before the round begins, so any multipliers or effects in the new stage can take place during the round. Any command that told the Pokemon to use something on the previous stage or anything similar will inflict Mild Confusion on the Pokemon, due to it not being able to comprehend what to do in the new situation.

Other: Refs must have reffed four battles or more. The match will definately not be over after four changes, so the ref can then use arenas from other people's matches. Also, only base-stage or Pokemon that can't evolve may be used.

4 vs 4 single
DQ: Two Weeks
Banned Moves: OHKO Moves (Sheer Cold, Fissure, Etc.), Suicide Moves (Selfdestruct, Explosion, Final Gambit, Etc.), Chills limited to 3 per Pokemon
Arena: The Challenge Board

This is a special arena. Specifically due to the fact that it does not take place somewhere, but does.

The battle starts on a forum that is white in color, and has a Dewgong and some letters on top. There are also other parts of the board that can be used as platforms. The board will not change in the first round. It has a 100% chance to change at the start of Round 2.

Every round, there is a 35% chance that the arena will change to one that the ref has reffed previously, the arena being of the ref's choosing. If the arena is a bowl of Lucky Charms, just like above, Earthquake must be added to the Banned Moves list, unless the ref can deal with Earthquake being used.

All effects and actions from the stage can be performed. To keep the battlers from being confused on this, the ref should post the arena it changed to, so the battlers know what actions can be performed, and any limits. The banned moves above, however, are always in effect regardless of the stage.

All this takes place before the round begins, so any multipliers or effects in the new stage can take place during the round. Any command that told the Pokemon to use something on the previous stage or anything similar will inflict Mild Confusion on the Pokemon, due to it not being able to comprehend what to do in the new situation.

Other: Refs must have reffed four battles or more. The match will definately not be over after four changes, so the ref can then use arenas from other people's matches. Also, only base-stage or Pokemon that can't evolve may be used.

This fills up my third battle slot, so I'm dropping DarkAura's challenge and taking this.

1 vs. 1 Single
DQ: 7 days
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Weather moves
Arena: Doctor Kaminko's Experimental Arena No. 33

Kam and Metallica Fanboy have battled in a sticky hole, a volcano, and at a Metallica gig, and in hopes of finding something even more extreme, they asked Doctor Kaminko to lend them one of his wacky arenas.

This arena is an interesting one with some highly experimental technology. There are two very deep pools in the arena; one on the floor, and one on... the ceiling?

Yes, a pool on the ceiling. About twenty meters above the floor, there's a large, upside down pool, held up by a powerful antigravity device.

What makes this arena more special, though, is that all the Pokemon on the arena are outfitted with a Gravotron 9000, a little device that allows it to change its internal gravity at will. During their command chain, a Pokemon may be commanded to "flip". Flipping can be used to dive-bomb your opponent, and will prevent you from attacking on an action unless used with a contact move (ie Headbutt).

If one Pokemon is in the top pool and another is in the bottom pool, their projectile attacks are unlikely to hit; they have roughly a 50% chance of hitting each other with projectiles.

In addition to this, several bizarre things might go on in the arena--

a) The Pokemon's Gravotron 9000 will malfunction and cause them to flip gravity that action. There is a 5% chance this will happen to either Pokemon each action.

b) Dangermouse and Safetymouse will randomly pop out of the pools and stab bother Pokemon, having the effect of a Poison Jab on both of the battlers. There is a 10% chance of this happening every round.

c) Stunfisk will swarm the pools, causing 2% electric damage every action. This will happen automatically some time between rounds six and ten.

d) The antigravity device will sputter out and explode, blowing up the whole arena and killing both Pokemon. There is a 1% chance of this happening every round.

Other notes:

Kam's Fudgie and MF's Warfare are the only Pokémon that may be used; they may be withdrawn from their reserves if they are not in their active squads.

The person who commands first starts on the ceiling.
I thereby accept.

3vs3 single
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills
Arena: Twilight Cathedral

Once, the Twilight Cathedral was a peaceful place, devoted to the honoring of Gods. Now, all Gods have left, and it is home only to Tiamut, the freakish Bat Queen, spawn of Hell. The Cathedral itself is a massive, open air room, with plenty of room to fly in. In the center is a large pool, ample room for housing even the largest of Pokémon. It is acidic to all but Poison-Type Pokémon, and will cost 1% Health per action for those in it. The ground is warn and cracked, and the remenants of stone Church pews are littered around, as are the scratched remains of great statues.

At the end of the room is a large spiral staircase, leading up to the top of the Cathedral's Spire. At the top is Tiamut, the Bat Queen herself, who eagerly watches the fight. Anyone who strays to near her will find themselves attacked by her jaws. If anyone attacks the Bat Queen, she is liable to send down her children, who will deal a massive 30% damage to anyone they can reach before flying back to their mother.

I'll take you on

3v3 doubles (subject to vary)
DQ: 1 week, subject to vary
Damage Cap: 35%, subject to vary
Banned moves: OHKO's only, but subject to pile up.
Arena: Ban Francisco

This happens in the Golden Gate park on the South side of the Bridge, in the city of San Francisco. In efforts to make the city more civilized, the city has introduced some... wonderful new legislature. Thankfully, the ban on the sale of 'companion animals' didn't go through.

Each round, one of the following will happen. These effects may not happen more than once each, except when otherwise stated. There is an equal chance of these occuring, at the end of the round:
  1. Sharks in any form are banned (Garchomp, Sharpedo, etc). These Pokémon may no longer be used and if one is currently on the field, must be changed with another Pokémon, who will have the same health and energy as the shark had at the time of banning. (Ban on shark products pending)
  2. Direct healing moves (and chills) are banned, as well as doing nothing. In addition, moves that have any chance of causing sleeping or chilling are banned. (Ban on loitering on the sidewalk)
  3. Bestowing anything digital or any wood product is banned. (Ban on selling cell phones without radiation levels; Ban on dealings with any agency which uses tropical hardwood or redwood, or products thereof)
  4. Any Pokémon with ability White Smoke is banned, as is the move Smokescreen (Ban on smoking). Pokémon with White Smoke must be substituted with another Pokémon, who will have the same health and energy as the Pokémon substituted at the time of banning.
  5. The move Cut is banned against any feline Pokémon. (Ban on declawing cats)
  6. Turtle and Frog Pokémon are banned. These Pokémon may no longer be used and if one is currently on the field, must be changed with another Pokémon, who will have the same health and energy as the Pokémon substituted at the time of banning. (Ban on imported turtles and frogs)
  7. Frustration is always at its maximum power and Return at its minimum, with no bearing on the Pokémon's mood. (Ban on toys within Happy Meals)
  8. The doubles battles changes to a single battle. The trainers, if necessary, pick which one to withdraw over PM.
  9. The DQ time gets shorten by one day. This may happen until the DQ time is just 2 days.
  10. The damage cap is reduce by 5%. This may happen until the cap is at 15%.
  11. A random move gets banned, à la Metronome. Each move may only be banned once; if the Metronome generator lands on something twice, reroll.

Last edited:
A rematch for Mawile. Should Mawile choose to accept it.

1v1 single
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: None
Banned moves: OHKO moves, weather moves, direct healing moves, chills.
Arena: A boat. Again.

The two competitors have once again found themselves battling on a boat, this one bound for the coast of Madagascar. Being near the equator, it is hot. There are no special effects for this, as it's just a boat. Moves needing earth to work will fail if used.

Notes: only non-evolved pokemon may particpate.

A rematch for Mawile. Should Mawile choose to accept it.

1v1 single
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: None
Banned moves: OHKO moves, weather moves, direct healing moves, chills.
Arena: A boat. Again.

The two competitors have once again found themselves battling on a boat, this one bound for the coast of Madagascar. Being near the equator, it is hot. There are no special effects for this, as it's just a boat. Moves needing earth to work will fail if used.

Notes: only non-evolved pokemon may particpate.
Let's go.

According to the front page, I only have two challenges accepted. Was the third one removed due to lack of interest? If so, reusing this:
3vs3 single
DQ: A week
Damage cap: 40%
Banned/restricted: No OHKO's or chills(you'll see why), one direct heal per Pokemecha
Arena: Neon Genesis Evangelion Mind Screw Machine.
This battle is going to be SPECIAL. The Pokemon and trainers will be hooked up to a machine which creates a simulated battle arena in the form of a city. The SPECIAL part comes from the fact that the Pokemon inside the machine become Evangelion mecha! That's right, EVANGELION MECHA!! They keep any powers (and body parts) necessary for their attacks (eg. Taillow would have wings and a beak). They also keep their coloration, if it matters.
Because they're robots, instead of Chilling they will have power cables attached to the back of their necks. While these cables are attached, they will have unlimited energy. If they are disconnected or severed, the Pokemon will lose 10% energy each turn (in addition to any energy loss from their attacks). The cable can be reattached by using one of their unique moves (see below).
The Pokemecha have several unique moves.
Rifle Summon: A rifle will come out of one of the buildings, taking one action. The Pokemecha will immediately pick it up and can use it to deal a 25% damage Electric-type attack. Using other attacks will cause you to drop the rifle.
Knife Draw: The mecha pulls a knife out of one of its shoulder fins, and can use it for a 20% damage Steel-type attack. Like the rifle, other attacks require you to drop the knife.
AT Field: The mecha creates an invisible shield (lasting for three actions) which takes 15% damage off all attacks (before type related conditions such as super-effective attacks activate).
Cable Summon: Takes one action. A cable comes out of a building, which the Pokemecha grabs and attaches it to their back.

EDIT: Might be important. Forgot to add these.
a. The machine creates a SIMULATED battle that still gives EXP. It doesn't transform the Pokemon.
b. The trainer will be inside the Evangelion entry plug. Giving the command 'Eject Entry Plug' will have the same effect as a Pokemecha fainting.

Hope the edits don't ruin the battle.

1 vs. 1 single
DQ: 2 Weeks
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO, Direct Healing, Weather Moves
Arena: The Rooftop

The battle takes place at the top of a skyscraper, ringed with just a low iron fence. The ground under the pokemon's feet is smooth and paved, and slippery from the previous nights rain, so pokemon have a 20% chance of slipping. Should they fall off the edge, a slightly smaller skyscraper is there to land on, although they'll sustain some damage (Ref's decision). Since the battle is taking place on the top of a skyscraper, the wind is fierce, making it hard for pokemon to move precisely, especially flying pokemon (95% accuracy and evasion for primarily large land-based pokemon, (over 60kg), 90% for medium (Over 30kg), 85% for small (Under 30kg) Flying pokemon are -5% plus their large, medium and small percentage.) If a move such as dig is used, the pokemon drops into the room below them, and take some damage (Ref's decision). The room is an office, with plenty of desks, chairs, and other such items. The ceiling is fairly low, making it harder for flying pokemon to maneouvre, but the wind is no longer present, nor is the slippery surface.

Additional rules: No regard to any abilities, No evolved pokemon (ie: Tyranitar, Blaziken etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom