• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
4vs4 single
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, suicide moves, direct healing
Arena: Just Another Forest Clearing

Yes, we'll be in Just Another Forest Clearing. Well, more like a huge field surrounded by the forest. Half of the field is occupied by a lake, with four small islands in it. A pile of rocks is lying at the very edge of the field, next to the water. Nothing special really happens... it's just a quiet grassy field, perfect for battle.

Other: Only basic- or baby-stage Pokémon allowed.

I'll take this!

2vs2 Single
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing
Arena: The Street

This rather average-looking street is lined by trees of various shapes and sizes, and there is grass lining both sides. While it is normally fairly busy, it has been closed off specifically for the battle, so the battlers don't have to worry about anyone getting in their way.

Other: No fully evolved Pokemon are allowed

2vs2 Single
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing
Arena: The Street

This rather average-looking street is lined by trees of various shapes and sizes, and there is grass lining both sides. While it is normally fairly busy, it has been closed off specifically for the battle, so the battlers don't have to worry about anyone getting in their way.

Other: No fully evolved Pokemon are allowed

HHHHOKAY

Last edited:
Just posting to confirm what Lirris said. My iPod was acting ip and not letting me use re type pad, but it's all good now.

1v1 single
dq: 1 week
damage cap: 33%
banned: none; ohko moves are subject to damage cap.
arena: On a passenger plane, as it flies very high over a nondescript ocean

If the plane is destroyed or otherwise stopped, everyone experiences free-fall for three rounds until they splat into the ocean; in such a case, there is no winner and everybody dies. (They'll get better.)

Arena destruction is encouraged.

1v1 single
dq: 1 week
damage cap: 33%
banned: none; ohko moves are subject to damage cap.
arena: On a passenger plane, as it flies very high over a nondescript ocean

If the plane is destroyed or otherwise stopped, everyone experiences free-fall for three rounds until they splat into the ocean; in such a case, there is no winner and everybody dies. (They'll get better.)

Arena destruction is encouraged.

oh yesssssssss an open battle where I can crush you in a SINGLES

ACCEPTED and it fills up my slots

Quick and easy battle, anyone?

2v2 single
DQ Time: 1 week
Damage Cap: 49%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Simple Arena

An packed dirt floor arena 50x50 feet wide, with no roof or walls. It's surrounded by a swimming pool in a way similar to a moat.

Notes: No fully evolved Pokemon.

Quick and easy battle, anyone?

2v2 single
DQ Time: 1 week
Damage Cap: 49%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Simple Arena

An packed dirt floor arena 50x50 feet wide, with no roof or walls. It's surrounded by a swimming pool in a way similar to a moat.

Notes: No fully evolved Pokemon.

I like simple stuff. I'll take this.

2vs2 Double
Damage Cap: 50%
Move Limits: Direct healing moves banned, Chills limit 3 per 'mon, OHKOs subject to damage cap, weather moves can be used but flavored as though in a sketchy warehouse basement (Sunny Day is the heater coming on, Rain Dance sets off the sprinkler system, etc.)
Arena: Celadon Dept. Store Basement

It's the biggest sale of the year upstairs, keeping all of the workers at the department store busy and preventing them from noticing the trainers battling underground. The basement is very large, made up of three large rooms (around a small central one) full of boxes holding everything from potions to Pokedolls to pop-up books. At the start of the match, all three rooms (left, right, and down) are accessible. However, at the end of every odd-numbered round, a call comes in from upstairs for more merch, and the manly working Machoke rush down to grab and rearrange the boxes. In the ensuing scuffle, one random room is always blocked off, and no room is blocked off twice in a row. The boxes are in such a mess that any attempt to bypass a blocked room through physical means would result in a boxalanche causing 35% typeless damage. Oh, and stealing the merchandise is a no-no, so no rooting around for healing items to use in the battle!

Other: None

2vs2 Double
Move Limits: Direct healing moves banned, Chills limit 3 per 'mon, OHKOs subject to damage cap, weather moves can be used but flavored as though in a sketchy warehouse basement (Sunny Day is the heater coming on, Rain Dance sets off the sprinkler system, etc.)
Arena: Celadon Dept. Store Basement

It's the biggest sale of the year upstairs, keeping all of the workers at the department store busy and preventing them from noticing the trainers battling underground. The basement is very large, made up of three large rooms (around a small central one) full of boxes holding everything from potions to Pokedolls to pop-up books. At the start of the match, all three rooms (left, right, and down) are accessible. However, at the end of every odd-numbered round, a call comes in from upstairs for more merch, and the manly working Machoke rush down to grab and rearrange the boxes. In the ensuing scuffle, one random room is always blocked off, and no room is blocked off twice in a row. The boxes are in such a mess that any attempt to bypass a blocked room through physical means would result in a boxalanche causing 35% typeless damage. Oh, and stealing the merchandise is a no-no, so no rooting around for healing items to use in the battle!

Other: None
Mind if I take you on? I haven't actually had a double battle yet.

Dropping my challenge with Ampharos for something I'm dying to try out.

5vs5 Double
Damage Cap: 35%
Move Limits: Direct healing moves banned, Chills limit 3 per Pokemon, no OHKO moves
Arena: Evolutionary Cavern

A peculiar cavern made entirely of glowing white rock. It seems that this rock is the raw form of elemental stones; they radiate evolutionary power. Any basic-stage Pokemon battling in this cavern will be temporarily transformed into their final evolutionary form for the duration of the battle, gaining access to any new attacks, abilities, or typings that evolution would bring about. Also, both Trainers and the referee physically age two years each round, though this will never kill them; it has absolutely nothing to do with the battle anyway. The light from the cavern results in a -1 accuracy drop for all Pokemon without abilities that prevent accuracy loss.

Other: no fully-evolved Pokemon allowed. second-stage is alright

Dropping my challenge with Ampharos for something I'm dying to try out.

5vs5 Single
Move Limits: Direct healing moves banned, Chills limit 3 per Pokemon, no OHKO moves
Arena: Evolutionary Cavern

A peculiar cavern made entirely of glowing white rock. It seems that this rock is the raw form of elemental stones; they radiate evolutionary power. Any basic-stage Pokemon battling in this cavern will be temporarily transformed into their final evolutionary form for the duration of the battle, gaining access to any new attacks, abilities, or typings that evolution would bring about. Also, both Trainers and the referee physically age two years each round, though this will never kill them; it has absolutely nothing to do with the battle anyway. The light from the cavern results in a -1 accuracy drop for all Pokemon without abilities that prevent accuracy loss.

Other: no fully-evolved Pokemon allowed. second-stage is alright

TAKING

Last edited:
New Battle by me:

3&3 VS. 3&3 (2 people per team, 3 Pokemon per person, teams randomly chosen by ref)
Style: Set
Banned Moves: OHKO, Weather Affecting, Healing, Dig, EarthMoving (such as earthquake), and any that need an outside water source.
Field: Waverly Hills Sanotorium
A long abondended tubercolosis hospital in Louisville, Kentucky. With multiple floors believed to be haunted, the Pokemon are even frightend when the nurse who commited suicide shows up. No matter how strong the Pokemon, he will become fightened when he enters. Abilities such as Intimidate will have no effect. After every round each Pokemon gets the chance to:
Get poisened- 20% chance (works like Toxic)
Fall asleep and have Nightmares- 15% chance
Trip- 5% chance (1 damage)
Get spooked by a ghost- 5% chance (works like Fake Out)
Enters a cold spot- 5% chance (20% of freezing the Pokemon for the next 2 turns)
Nothing- 50% chance

Other info: No Pokemon over 6 ft. or 200 lbs. may enter.

Last edited:
Well this will be my first battle so I want to make it simple so I can get the hang of doing it in the first place:

1vs1
Um, not sure if I need to specify set since it's 1 on 1...
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct recovery moves.
Field: Simple, just a small clearing in the middle of the forest, with a little pond in the right side of the clearing.

A battle for my forbidden liver Mai <3

3vs3 single
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, suicide moves, direct healing (3 Chills/Pokemon)
Arena: Silver "Cupcakes" Platter

A platter placed on a table in Sugarcube Corner's basement. It cannot be dug into and does not rust. The stage itself is nothing out of the ordinary.

However, each round Pinkie Pie will arrive and feed each Pokemon a cupcake specifically made from a certain pony. Specific afflictions and boosts are received based on what pony the cupcake was made out of. Each cupcake can only be served once, and the effects of them only last for that round. The list of the cupcakes and their effects are listed:

Twilight: Will inflict a STAB psychic attack on the person who eats it.

Applejack: Each pokemon will gain +1 attack and +1 defense because bulkiness.

Rarity: Will heal 5% health and energy with generosity.

Rainbow Dash: Each pokemon will gain +3 speed.

Fluttershy: Attack and special attack lowered -2 with status affects removed.

Celestia: Each pokemon will go God Tier and become their final stage.

Luna: It will become night. All weather will be removed and dark/ghost type moves will gain a STAB boost in addition to STAB.

Lyra: If Bon-Bon was eaten within two rounds then both pokemon will become attracted to each other.

DJ-PON3: Special attack and special defense will be raised by +1 because of coolness.

Bon-Bon: If Lyra was eaten within two rounds then both pokemon will become attracted to each other.

Derpy: Each pokemon becomes confused.

Baked bads: Each pokemon will lose 5% health and 5% energy.

Big Macintosh: Each pokemon will lose -3 speed because he's slow, but they wikl also gain +2 attack because of his bulk.

Trixie: Each pokemon will gain +3 in every stat, but be inflicted with confusion, burn, and paralysis.

If the battle lasts through every possible cupcake, Pinkie Pie will come in every round and inflict 10% damage on every Pokemon until there is a victor.

Other: Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom