• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Vs. 2 Single
DQ: Seven Days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Weather moves, Healing moves
Arena: Playstation 2 controller

The battlers have been shrunken down to Half-Inch height. This is a standard PS2 Controller, with a wire and all. Electrical and Water moves get a 10% boost. There is a 60% Chance every round that some kid doesn't want to study and decides to use the controller for rotting his brains out for two more rounds. However, if the non-studying kid comes to play, he might shake and jumble the controller, and throw it down in frustration. There is a 10% chance of him leaving in the middle of a round out of frustration.

Combatants may use anything on the controller to their advantage, meaning the analog sticks, the buttons, the wire, and so on so forth.

Anyone want to see MY PROFILE???
I'll take it.

Four trainer free-for-all;One Pokemon out each.
Style: Switch
DQ: Two weeks
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena:Temporal Tower

Temporal tower is a tall tower, home to Dialga, as known by all. The battle is on the top. There are broken pillars almost everywhere and Time gears in the slots. The five, if removed do diffferent things randomly until put back and can be anything from Paralizing your enemy to Poisoning you to making Dialga himself appear. When Dialga appears, either by the random action of a Time gear or the every five turns appearence, he will use Roar of time, this affects you in different ways. It can Confuse you, make you take a maximum of 10 damage, Burn you, or nothing at all. If on a pillar, or you have possetion of a time gear, however, this effect is negated. Occasionallly, Palkia will appear with Dialga and will be fighting, being caught in a Spacial Rend or Roar of time during this, wit cut your HP in half.

Additional rules:Only first stage or basic Pokemon; No items

My profile of greatness

Accepting

Temporal tower is a tall tower, home to Dialga, as known by all. The battle is on the top. There are broken pillars almost everywhere and Time gears in the slots. The five, if removed do diffferent things randomly until put back and can be anything from Paralizing your enemy to Poisoning you to making Dialga himself appear. When Dialga appears, either by the random action of a Time gear or the every five turns appearence, he will use Roar of time, this affects you in different ways. It can Confuse you, make you take a maximum of 10 damage, Burn you, or nothing at all. If on a pillar, or you have possetion of a time gear, however, this effect is negated. Occasionallly, Palkia will appear with Dialga and will be fighting, being caught in a Spacial Rend or Roar of time during this, wit cut your HP in half.

My profile of greatness

shadow_lugia's Profile

I'll accept!

Click for my awesome profile thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowstar's profile

shadow_lugia's profile

Crazy Linoone's profile

I goes. Mah Profile.

Last edited:
Taking Crowned Clown vs. PichuK and Zeta Reticuli vs. Capitain Jay. I'll put them up at a more reasonable hour.

2 Vs. 2 Single
DQ: Seven Days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Weather moves, Healing moves
Arena: Playstation 2 controller

The battlers have been shrunken down to Half-Inch height. This is a standard PS2 Controller, with a wire and all. Electrical and Water moves get a 10% boost. There is a 60% Chance every round that some kid doesn't want to study and decides to use the controller for rotting his brains out for two more rounds. However, if the non-studying kid comes to play, he might shake and jumble the controller, and throw it down in frustration. There is a 10% chance of him leaving in the middle of a round out of frustration.

Combatants may use anything on the controller to their advantage, meaning the analog sticks, the buttons, the wire, and so on so forth.

Anyone want to see MY PROFILE???

I'll take it.

I shall ref. Expect it tomorrow sometime

2-on-2 double
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap: 41%
Arena: Flaming Forest Clearing

An octogonal clearing, with trees surrounding it, with the occasional tree standing alone in the roughly-25-square-meter clearing. A normal clearing, but with one rather large, glaring difference; it's on fire. The trees are aflame, it's boisterously warm, and the sky is dancing with a bloody red sunset. As the embers dance, ash falls from the sky, reducing the accuracy of Pokemon with uncovered eyes. Any Ice-type Pokemon used will lose 15% energy here, so it is inadvisable, as well as cruel, to use one. a Frozen Pokemon thaws almost immediately. Fire types can use the fields flames to add +1 SpAt., but only if ordered to take an action to do so.

Yes, I am aware that this will put me at the limit number of battles. I think. Delightfully Insane Profile.

Yay, I choose!
I'll fix this, but in a while....

1 vs. 1
DQ: 7 days
Damage Caps: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs/Direct Recovery Moves
Arena: Mount Mortar - Exterior
Description: The stretch of water between Ecruteak City and Mahogany Town acts as the perfect battle arena. It provides a great battlefield for Water-type Pokémon, while a small, grass-covered, circular island (roughly 8m in radius) is the central point of the arena. Along one side of the channel is a thriving woodland - yet off-limits for this battle - while facing it is a great wall of rock - Mount Mortar. Now, entrance to this great mountain seems to have been blocked by a series of boulders (or perhaps an Onix is napping in front of the entrance), and as such the interior of Mount Mortar is unreachable. Yet at the sealed entrance there is a raised lip of rock, extending perhaps for a few metres outwards.

1 vs. 1
DQ: 7 days
Damage Caps: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs/Direct Recovery Moves
Arena: Mount Mortar - Exterior
Description: The stretch of water between Ecruteak City and Mahogany Town acts as the perfect battle arena. It provides a great battlefield for Water-type Pokémon, while a small, grass-covered, circular island (roughly 8m in radius) is the central point of the arena. Along one side of the channel is a thriving woodland - yet off-limits for this battle - while facing it is a great wall of rock - Mount Mortar. Now, entrance to this great mountain seems to have been blocked by a series of boulders (or perhaps an Onix is napping in front of the entrance), and as such the interior of Mount Mortar is unreachable. Yet at the sealed entrance there is a raised lip of rock, extending perhaps for a few metres outwards.

I accept this challenge.

Profile....

Kunai's profile: http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=79036&postcount=30

...Oh right, one battle's over. I'm in the mode for something that goes by quickly and explosively, aren't you?

3 vs 3 vs 3 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 60%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Rest, Attract
Arena: Roman Coliseum

The Coliseum was an engineering marvel; it consists of a huge circular pit 300 yards wide. The ground is covered in firly-packed sand about a foot deep; beneath that is stone foundation and the lion pits. We'll get to those later. On all sides are walls twelve feet tall (no you can't climb them or fly over them), and seated above are thousands of cheering spectators come to watch this extreme match.

Battles within the Coliseum can be overwhelming to some shyer Pokemon, and depending on how well or not they are fighting, the crowd will cheer for or against them. Pokemon being cheered for get a +1 bonus to attack and speed, and Pokemon that are being taunted get a -1 reduction of attack and defense.

At any time during the battle (but infrequently; maybe three or four times, tops) the lion pits will open. Since this is Pokemon, the lion released will be either a Luxray or an Arcanine. It will then fall upon the Pokemon closest to it and deal 40% typeless damage, and paralyze if it is Luxray or burn if it is Arcanine. It is then recalled.

So; a fast-paced, high-stakes battle. Will your team triumph and be named the true gladiators? We of the Twitchean Union issue our challenge.

Flora and Ashes and Full Metal Cookies are the challengers and the Twitchean Union accepts. :3 Three-way battles are tricky as heck, though, so I understand why only the most intrepid refs would be willing to undertake such an accomplishment.

In other words, uh. Any takers?~

I'll admit that I incorrectly labeled that one, but don't be the person to start the "need a ref" nonsense.

Battles in excess of one month old and for which one or more participants failed to express interest in continuing have been removed.

1 vs 1 Single
DQ: One Week
Banned Moves: Earthquake, Fissure, basically any attack involving tearing up the ground in one way or another
Arena: On an Angel's Wings

The arena is fluffy and soft, as the battle is being held on a sleeping angel's wing. The combatants (that is, the trainers themselves) are half an inch tall, and the feathers are, at the shortest, one inch. The longest ones are two feet long. Earthquake and Fissure are banned, as they may harm the angel. The terrain is easy to hide in for small Pokemon. The angle may wake up based on attacks (ref's discretion) and begin to watch the battle, occasionally using their fingers to assist their favourite (yet again, ref's discretion. Although I personally think that the angel would be more inclined to assist the Pokemon not using attacks such as Flamethrower and missing, causing feathers to get wrecked). Weather can be changed, as the angel is sleeping on a cloud. Falling off is an instant KO, so flying types are recommended

1 vs 1 Single
DQ: One Week
Banned Moves: Earthquake, Fissure, basically any attack involving tearing up the ground in one way or another
Arena: On an Angel's Wings

The arena is fluffy and soft, as the battle is being held on a sleeping angel's wing. The combatants (that is, the trainers themselves) are half an inch tall, and the feathers are, at the shortest, one inch. The longest ones are two feet long. Earthquake and Fissure are banned, as they may harm the angel. The terrain is easy to hide in for small Pokemon. The angle may wake up based on attacks (ref's discretion) and begin to watch the battle, occasionally using their fingers to assist their favourite (yet again, ref's discretion. Although I personally think that the angel would be more inclined to assist the Pokemon not using attacks such as Flamethrower and missing, causing feathers to get wrecked). Weather can be changed, as the angel is sleeping on a cloud. Falling off is an instant KO, so flying types are recommended

I'll accept that battle... this is my first though, so I'm probably going to get something wrong.

Mah profile :3

Battles in excess of one month old and for which one or more participants failed to express interest in continuing have been removed.

After this statement, to avoid having either of my battles removed, just want to say awaiting ref for both battles.

Sorry if that's out of line or whatnot, just don't want them removed.

2v2 Double
DQ Time: 1 Week
Damage Cap: none.
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, 5 Chills/Pokemon, 2 Direct Recovery moves/Pokemon
The Clay Courts

This battle takes place on an oversized tennis court. The ground is made of rather solid clay, so moves that tear up the ground (Earthquake, Dig, Stealth Rock, etc.) take 1% more energy to use. On one side of the court is a ball machine. Every four actions, it will attempt to fire a ball. One of four things could happen:

-Nothing: It doesn't fire. (50% chance of happening)
-A Tennis Ball: The machine fires a tennis ball. If it hits a pokemon, it will do 2% damage. Can be picked up an thrown for the same effect. Will disappear when the machine next fires. (35% chance of happening)
-A Voltorb: The machine fires a Voltorb, which explodes in midair. This will do 8% damage to both Pokemon, and has a 10% chance of paralysis. (12% chance of happening)
-Some Food: The machine will fire some food. If it hits a Pokemon, it will do 1% damage. However, you can command a Pokemon to eat food to restore 5% health. Food goes rotten and cannot be eaten after the machine fires again. (3% chance of happening)

Finally, if you burn, rip, or otherwise mutilate the net, a tennis pro will come out and beat you with a racket while yelling at you, dealing 7% damage and lowering Attack and Defense by 1 level.
-------
Fast, no-holds barred, and with a lot of numbers.:sweatdrop:

so i herd u liekz profielz

2v2 Double
DQ Time: 1 Week
Damage Cap: none.
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, 5 Chills/Pokemon, 2 Direct Recovery moves/Pokemon
The Clay Courts

This battle takes place on an oversized tennis court. The ground is made of rather solid clay, so moves that tear up the ground (Earthquake, Dig, Stealth Rock, etc.) take 1% more energy to use. On one side of the court is a ball machine. Every four actions, it will attempt to fire a ball. One of four things could happen:

-Nothing: It doesn't fire. (50% chance of happening)
-A Tennis Ball: The machine fires a tennis ball. If it hits a pokemon, it will do 2% damage. Can be picked up an thrown for the same effect. Will disappear when the machine next fires. (35% chance of happening)
-A Voltorb: The machine fires a Voltorb, which explodes in midair. This will do 8% damage to both Pokemon, and has a 10% chance of paralysis. (12% chance of happening)
-Some Food: The machine will fire some food. If it hits a Pokemon, it will do 1% damage. However, you can command a Pokemon to eat food to restore 5% health. Food goes rotten and cannot be eaten after the machine fires again. (3% chance of happening)

Finally, if you burn, rip, or otherwise mutilate the net, a tennis pro will come out and beat you with a racket while yelling at you, dealing 7% damage and lowering Attack and Defense by 1 level.
-------
Fast, no-holds barred, and with a lot of numbers.:sweatdrop:

so i herd u liekz profielz

I'll accept this challenge.

Imma Chargin' Mah Proflie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom