• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
2v2 Single
Switch
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO’s, direct healing moves (including Rest)
Arena: The Extremely Large Blueberry Pie

The Extremely Large Blueberry Pie, is, as its name suggests, an extremely large blueberry pie about 50 feet in diameter. The battle starts with the pie freshly baked and out of the oven, its delicious golden brown crust still hot and perfect. It’s a bit squishy to step on, due to the lake of delicious, sweet blueberry filling underneath. The crust is easily broken; any Pokemon weighing more than 60 lbs will automatically break the crust and sink into the blueberry filling below. Any powerful (special or physical) attack forcing downwards on the pie crust will break the crust, too. The pie is in a very large metal pie pan, so if any Pokemon happens to sink through the pie for some reason or another, they will land on the steel pie pan instead of falling through.

Of course, being freshly baked, the pie crust will be very hot and deal 2% damage to any Pokemon on it each action for the first three rounds. The pie crust will have successfully cooled down on the fourth round, and won’t deal anymore damage. The blueberry filling, however, will deal 3% damage to any Pokemon in it for the first four rounds, and 1% damage for the rest of the battle, since it contains heat better than the crust.

The blueberry filling is a thick and delicious mix of blueberries, sugar, and spices, and the Pokemon can be ordered to spend an action eating the filling for a 25% chance to restore 2% health. However, due to it being too hot, the filling cannot be eaten during the first four rounds.

All Pokemon are allowed, but Pokemon required to be in the water (Magikarp, Wailmer, etc.) will be having a tough time trying to swim through the blueberry filling. And since Wailords will fill up more than half the battlefield, they're going to have a tough time, too.

Notes: The referee and trainers are standing on floating platforms above the pie, as to not disturb the battle.

Please excuse my blueberry-filling covered profile… I accidentally dropped it into the battlefield…

mmmm, blueberry...

Um, yeah... I'll accept this. The profile here is.

2vs2 single
Style: Set
DQ: 4 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Attract
Arena: Caelin Castle

An extremely old, very huge, supposedly haunted castle. The battle is taking place in the master bedroom, which is on the second-to-top floor. The room is poorly furnished; it contains a fancy bed, and has indeed held up well over such time; a fancy claw-footed desk and a chair. The walls are decorated with cream flowered tapestry, though this hasn't held up quite as well as the furniture, with many tears and stains covering the flower patterns.

The room has no window, and only one door, which leads to the hallway.

It is said that the castle is haunted by a dusknoir; whether this is true or not, no one is sure.

Notes: There is a 10% chance per round that a dusknoir will appear and Disable a random pokemon. Which action this is done on is decided by the ref. After doing so the dusknoir will stay around to watch the battle for the rest of the round before leaving. If the dusknoir has appeared, it will not come back for (at least) three more rounds.

2vs2 single

An extremely old, very huge, supposedly haunted castle. The battle is taking place in the master bedroom, which is on the second-to-top floor. The room is poorly furnished; it contains a fancy bed, and has indeed held up well over such time; a fancy claw-footed desk and a chair. The walls are decorated with cream flowered tapestry, though this hasn't held up quite as well as the furniture, with many tears and stains covering the flower patterns.

It is said that the castle is haunted by a dusknoir; whether this is true or not, no one is sure.

Notes: There is a 10% chance per round that a dusknoir will appear and Disable a random pokemon. Which action this is done on is decided by the ref. After doing so the dusknoir will stay around to watch the battle for the rest of the round before leaving. If the dusknoir has appeared, it will not come back for (at least) three more rounds.

I'll accept this. :3

Taking Chiropter vs Crazy Linoone and Blastoise428 vs Gakidou.

Edit: Blastoise, you keep failing to quote people's profile links when you respond to their challenges. Fix the one for you vs. Kindling Queen, and please stop.

Last edited:
Taking Animorph vs. Kusari, Kindling Queen vs. Blaziking and Dragon vs. Skymin.

...I really don't want five battles going at once, and I'm already reffing one of Animorph's matches and have already reffed two of Kusari's, but PW arena get so. I hate you, Animorph.

'Nuther challenge whuuut.

2vs2 single
Arena: Gew's Tears

Massive clouds stretch as far as the eye can see and further. Torrential rains assault the rough rock ground and everything on it, and lightning often flashes, bringing resounding thunder along with it. Small streams and rivulets flow quite quickly toward larger pools. The air is also humid, if anyone can even tell after the one second it takes to be thoroughly soaked.

The battle itself takes place in what appears to be a very shallow, but large pool; to one side, there is merely wet rock and the save rivulets of water, and on the other, the rest of the large, irregularly-shaped pool. Unseen, beneath the water, there are cracks and fissures where the water is extremely deep, but even the largest fissures are small enough for an average human to step over.

All weather moves are ineffective; the clouds cannot be moved, there is no sand, and the air is too warm for hail. The warmth means any ice move's effects (beyond damage) cannot last beyond an action, and freezing is impossible. Otherwise, the rain's effects on battle act as a normal rainstorm, and can go on seemingly forever.

I show you them.

'Nuther challenge whuuut.

2vs2 single
Arena: Gew's Tears

Massive clouds stretch as far as the eye can see and further. Torrential rains assault the rough rock ground and everything on it, and lightning often flashes, bringing resounding thunder along with it. Small streams and rivulets flow quite quickly toward larger pools. The air is also humid, if anyone can even tell after the one second it takes to be thoroughly soaked.

The battle itself takes place in what appears to be a very shallow, but large pool; to one side, there is merely wet rock and the save rivulets of water, and on the other, the rest of the large, irregularly-shaped pool. Unseen, beneath the water, there are cracks and fissures where the water is extremely deep, but even the largest fissures are small enough for an average human to step over.

All weather moves are ineffective; the clouds cannot be moved, there is no sand, and the air is too warm for hail. The warmth means any ice move's effects (beyond damage) cannot last beyond an action, and freezing is impossible. Otherwise, the rain's effects on battle act as a normal rainstorm, and can go on seemingly forever.

I show you them.

If allowed, and Whivit doesn't mind, I'd like to accept this and let someone else accept the previous challenge instead. Sorry, it's just that I have a water-bound Pokemon that I'd like to evolve, and water based arenas are difficult to come by. :<

First challenge post ever. Holy sheet.

3vs3 single
Damage Cap: 33%
Banned Moves: 1-hit KOs, moves that require a large body of water nearby (Surf, Dive, etc.)
Limited Moves: Direct healing moves limited to 3 per Pokémon
Arena: North Bridge

North Bridge is a large, modern-style bridge, around 100 feet long, that links two hills toward the northern end of a small town. Along each side of the bridge is a sidewalk, and past that is a chain-link fence; beyond that is a thick steel-and-plastic "shield" that comes up about eight feet and then curves inward slightly. This was likely a feature that was added on a bit more recently, to prevent people from throwing stuff off the edge of the bridge (not to mention car crashes going off the edge, or suicide attempts.)
Nothing your Pokémon throw at it is going to cause any significant damage to the bridge's structure, though some attacks might be capable of wrecking the chain-link fence or smashing up the sidewalk.

Underneath the bridge are several old railroad tracks which are rarely used these days; it's likely that the two hills were once one even bigger hill, and the bridge only became necessary after a chunk was dug away to make room for the railroad. The hills on both sides of the bridge are dotted with pine trees and covered in grass; near the edges of the bridge, bushes have grown up in a few places, though the walls of the man-made valley between the hills are mostly bare, with loose, clay-filled dirt and slippery rocks which work together to make them a pain in the ass to climb.

Extra Rules: Despite being a bridge, it doesn't cross any water--so any Pokémon that need to have access to water in order to fight effectively are not suited to fighting here. Likewise, attacks that depend on having a large body of water at hand (such as Surf or Dive) are completely useless, as you'd have to walk at least half a mile to reach any significant amount of water.
In addition to that, using Dig (and other moves that require the presence of sand, soil, mud, etc.) won't work unless you are actually on the ground--no digging into the bridge is allowed, and it wouldn't be very smart to try, since only the strongest of Pokémon would have the strength required to do it. For Pokémon that depend heavily on Ground or Rock-type moves, climbing down the side of the hill and moving the fight to the tracks underneath the bridge is strongly advised!

As this is in the middle of a town, taking Pokémon battles too far from the bridge would not be a very good idea. Though there's an area of paved road and grass stretching out about 10 feet in each direction from the bridge, any further than that and you'd be standing on someone's front yard or driveway--and the folks around here don't like it much when people trespass on their land, especially when it's those damn kids and their poke-ah-mans again.
For every round that the battle takes place on someone's lawn, there is a 1 in 6 chance that an angry resident will come stomping out of their house. After yelling and cursing at the battlers for one action, they will attack one or both Pokémon with a makeshift weapon--some kind of gardening tool, a broom, or a BB gun--and then go back inside once they've hit something. Being hit with a rake/shovel/etc. acts as either Cut or Slash depending on the size of the tool; a blow from a broom acts as False Swipe; and being shot at with a BB gun acts as a Normal-type version of Bullet Seed (all of which are without STAB.)

My Profile Link: ¡El Garbanzo!

1 v 1
Arena: Lake of Rage

The lake in Johto, just north of Mahogany Town. After three rounds, the Red Gyarados will appear, and there is a 10% chance of a Pokemon getting hit by its Hyper Beam once per round, which does 7% damage. The battle takes place at the edge of the lake, so trainers can use both land-dwelling and water-bound Pokemon.

Last edited:
1 v 1
Arena: Lake of Rage

The lake in Johto, just north of Mahogany Town. After three rounds, the Red Gyarados will appear, and there is a 10% chance of a Pokemon getting hit by its Hyper Beam once per round, which does 7% damage. The battle takes place at the edge of the lake, so trainers can use both land-dwelling and water-bound Pokemon.

I'm accepting this challenge. Profiel heer.

Also because I think it's a tad confusing, my old challenge is still open:

2vs2 single

Last edited:
Taking Whivit vs. Grass King.

Something tells me I'm going to regret this but w/e.

El Garbanzo said:
3vs3 single
Damage Cap: 33%
Banned Moves: 1-hit KOs, moves that require a large body of water nearby (Surf, Dive, etc.)
Limited Moves: Direct healing moves limited to 3 per Pokémon
Arena: North Bridge

North Bridge is a large, modern-style bridge, around 100 feet long, that links two hills toward the northern end of a small town. Along each side of the bridge is a sidewalk, and past that is a chain-link fence; beyond that is a thick steel-and-plastic "shield" that comes up about eight feet and then curves inward slightly. This was likely a feature that was added on a bit more recently, to prevent people from throwing stuff off the edge of the bridge (not to mention car crashes going off the edge, or suicide attempts.)
Nothing your Pokémon throw at it is going to cause any significant damage to the bridge's structure, though some attacks might be capable of wrecking the chain-link fence or smashing up the sidewalk.

Underneath the bridge are several old railroad tracks which are rarely used these days; it's likely that the two hills were once one even bigger hill, and the bridge only became necessary after a chunk was dug away to make room for the railroad. The hills on both sides of the bridge are dotted with pine trees and covered in grass; near the edges of the bridge, bushes have grown up in a few places, though the walls of the man-made valley between the hills are mostly bare, with loose, clay-filled dirt and slippery rocks which work together to make them a pain in the ass to climb.

Extra Rules: Despite being a bridge, it doesn't cross any water--so any Pokémon that need to have access to water in order to fight effectively are not suited to fighting here. Likewise, attacks that depend on having a large body of water at hand (such as Surf or Dive) are completely useless, as you'd have to walk at least half a mile to reach any significant amount of water.
In addition to that, using Dig (and other moves that require the presence of sand, soil, mud, etc.) won't work unless you are actually on the ground--no digging into the bridge is allowed, and it wouldn't be very smart to try, since only the strongest of Pokémon would have the strength required to do it. For Pokémon that depend heavily on Ground or Rock-type moves, climbing down the side of the hill and moving the fight to the tracks underneath the bridge is strongly advised!

As this is in the middle of a town, taking Pokémon battles too far from the bridge would not be a very good idea. Though there's an area of paved road and grass stretching out about 10 feet in each direction from the bridge, any further than that and you'd be standing on someone's front yard or driveway--and the folks around here don't like it much when people trespass on their land, especially when it's those damn kids and their poke-ah-mans again.
For every round that the battle takes place on someone's lawn, there is a 1 in 6 chance that an angry resident will come stomping out of their house. After yelling and cursing at the battlers for one action, they will attack one or both Pokémon with a makeshift weapon--some kind of gardening tool, a broom, or a BB gun--and then go back inside once they've hit something. Being hit with a rake/shovel/etc. acts as either Cut or Slash depending on the size of the tool; a blow from a broom acts as False Swipe; and being shot at with a BB gun acts as a Normal-type version of Bullet Seed (all of which are without STAB.)

My Profile Link: ¡El Garbanzo!

This challenge is listed in the battles awaiting referees, but I don't see any post accepting this. If it is in fact open, then I respond with a profile link and an "I accept", if not then please show me who accepted.

1 vs 1 single
Banned Moves: 1 hit KOs, healing moves, recycle, Dig
Arena: Umpire State Building
Towering high above the city of New Yolk, the Umpire State Building has a mixture of platforms, points and towers that make it's strange roof a perfect place for Pokebattles. There is...a LONG drop down, therefore it is best to stay away from the edge. Pokemon that fall off for 100 feet shall be recalled automatically. Colored in tones of metallic silver and grey, this building reflects the sun's light brilliantly, so Pokemon with many/sensitive eyes are best not here.
Extra:
Because of it's high altitude, oxygen, fire's essential gas, is thinner. Fire moves are reduced by 3%. Pokemon with Compound eyes and/or multiple or sensitive eyes have a 25% chance of flinching. A single, small pool stand in a corner, but it isn't very deep, so water Pokemon aren't a good choice.

Profile link: http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=239531&postcount=106

1 vs 1 single
Banned Moves: 1 hit KOs, healing moves, recycle, Dig
Arena: Umpire State Building
Towering high above the city of New Yolk, the Umpire State Building has a mixture of platforms, points and towers that make it's strange roof a perfect place for Pokebattles. There is...a LONG drop down, therefore it is best to stay away from the edge. Pokemon that fall off for 100 feet shall be recalled automatically. Colored in tones of metallic silver and grey, this building reflects the sun's light brilliantly, so Pokemon with many/sensitive eyes are best not here.
Extra:
Because of it's high altitude, oxygen, fire's essential gas, is thinner. Fire moves are reduced by 3%. Pokemon with Compound eyes and/or multiple or sensitive eyes have a 25% chance of flinching. A single, small pool stand in a corner, but it isn't very deep, so water Pokemon aren't a good choice.

Profile link: http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=239531&postcount=106

Yay, my fist battle!! I shall accept...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom