• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another challenge 'cause I like random battles!

Battle Format: 3 vs 3 single
Battle Style: Set, except Baton Pass or similar are permitted
DQ Time: Six days, twenty-three hours, fifty-five minutes
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned and Restricted Moves: Anything can happen
Arena Description: The Second Anomaly
The Second Anomaly is, as its name suggests, an Anomaly. Arceus only knows how the battlers got there or how they'll get out, but such is the way of the universe. Also unknown is how anyone can see, being as there are no visible light sources, but it is as bright as a typical midsummers midday. It is, at least to begin with, an infinitely large plain white platform floating in nothing. As the battle goes on, however, that platform changes to whatever is required by the battle - if, for example, there is a fish Pokémon on the field, there will be a large pond to swim in. There will be air for everyone can breathe. If Sandstorm is used, sand appears. And so forth. The gravity there is only half of Earth's, so each Pokémon is only half as heavy for things like Grass Knot. This also removes any energy cost that Flyers or Hoverers would need to fly or hover, be they Inherently or Consentually.

The most important effect of this Anomaly is that at the end of each round, both Pokémon in battle will randomly 'evolve' into any other Pokémon. This can be any Pokémon in existence, including Legendaries. This means they gain the new species' ability, moveset, types, everything. Also, the Pokémon are dazed and confused after this 'evolution', so as soon as the first round is complete and the first 'evolution' has taken place, the Pokémon can't listen to any commands and their moves are selected randomly, similar to Sleep Talk.

Another of the major effects of the Second Anomaly is that at the end of every round, at the same time as the 'evolutions', both battlers' energy is restored to 100%. Not infinite energy, note, so if a Pokémon uses incredibly energy-intensive moves, it could, at least in theory, faint from energy loss.

The last effect of note is that at the beginning of every third round, a random object will appear. Any object, from sardines to submarines, and they can appear in any manner the ref wants. What they do is also entirely up to the ref. They vanish at the end of the round, again in a manner of the ref's choosing.

Additional Rules: Buh. Nothing I can think of, except what I detailed in the Arena Description.

Moar anomalies woo!

Another challenge 'cause I like random battles!

Banned and Restricted Moves: Anything can happen
The Second Anomaly is, as its name suggests, an Anomaly. Arceus only knows how the battlers got there or how they'll get out, but such is the way of the universe. Also unknown is how anyone can see, being as there are no visible light sources, but it is as bright as a typical midsummers midday. It is, at least to begin with, an infinitely large plain white platform floating in nothing. As the battle goes on, however, that platform changes to whatever is required by the battle - if, for example, there is a fish Pokémon on the field, there will be a large pond to swim in. There will be air for everyone can breathe. If Sandstorm is used, sand appears. And so forth. The gravity there is only half of Earth's, so each Pokémon is only half as heavy for things like Grass Knot. This also removes any energy cost that Flyers or Hoverers would need to fly or hover, be they Inherently or Consentually.

The most important effect of this Anomaly is that at the end of each round, both Pokémon in battle will randomly 'evolve' into any other Pokémon. This can be any Pokémon in existence, including Legendaries. This means they gain the new species' ability, moveset, types, everything. Also, the Pokémon are dazed and confused after this 'evolution', so as soon as the first round is complete and the first 'evolution' has taken place, the Pokémon can't listen to any commands and their moves are selected randomly, similar to Sleep Talk.

Another of the major effects of the Second Anomaly is that at the end of every round, at the same time as the 'evolutions', both battlers' energy is restored to 100%. Not infinite energy, note, so if a Pokémon uses incredibly energy-intensive moves, it could, at least in theory, faint from energy loss.

The last effect of note is that at the beginning of every third round, a random object will appear. Any object, from sardines to submarines, and they can appear in any manner the ref wants. What they do is also entirely up to the ref. They vanish at the end of the round, again in a manner of the ref's choosing.

Additional Rules: Buh. Nothing I can think of, except what I detailed in the Arena Description.

Moar anomalies woo!

Yay randomness!

Oh god. No limits and incredibly high energy. Any ref who takes that gets a good steady income to say the least.

And? A longer battle will be a more entertaining battle! Um, hopefully.
Still though, the odds of a Pokémon coming up with a recovery move aren't that incredibly high. They shouldn't come up too often.

EDIT: But thinking about it, I guess you're right; I'll amend it.

Banned and Restricted Moves: Anything can happen (Except healing moves)

Another of the major effects of the Second Anomaly is that at the end of every round, at the same time as the 'evolutions', both battlers' energy is restored to 100%. Not infinite energy, note, so if a Pokémon uses incredibly energy-intensive moves, it could, at least in theory, faint from energy loss. As though to compensate for this, and healing moves will automatically fail or, if indirect like Giga Drain, will only cause damage.

Moar anomalies woo!

Yes, this is brother-approved:
2 vs. 2 single
Style: Set
DQ: 7 Days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs

Field: Arboreal Dome

In some closed-off mountain range in the northern parts of Asber, a strange natural wonder has formed; a humongous dome made entirely of intertwined trees and vines. It is several hundred feet high and wide, and the ground inside is covered with bushes and a strange, luminescent moss. Moss-covered boulders are also strewn throughout, and a slow, good-sized stream cuts a swathe through the middle of the Great Arboreal Dome. The light not provided by the moss is filtered and green, streaming through window-like gaps in the wicker dome.

For obvious reasons, most weather moves will have a lessened effect in this arena, as rain or hail will have a tough time getting through the intertwined branches. At the end of each round, there's a 25% chance that the moss will glow bright green for the entirety of the next round, at which point Grass-type Pokémon get a 2x STAB instead of a 1.5x, and Fire-types get no STAB.

Me thinks it's a profile.

LOL I BE STEALING YOUR PROFILE.

And? A longer battle will be a more entertaining battle! Um, hopefully.
Still though, the odds of a Pokémon coming up with a recovery move aren't that incredibly high. They shouldn't come up too often.

EDIT: But thinking about it, I guess you're right; I'll amend it.

Banned and Restricted Moves: Anything can happen (Except healing moves)

Another of the major effects of the Second Anomaly is that at the end of every round, at the same time as the 'evolutions', both battlers' energy is restored to 100%. Not infinite energy, note, so if a Pokémon uses incredibly energy-intensive moves, it could, at least in theory, faint from energy loss. As though to compensate for this, and healing moves will automatically fail or, if indirect like Giga Drain, will only cause damage.

Moar anomalies woo!

Second Linky

I'll try this one again.

2v2 single
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, chills limited to 3/pokemon, Rest, direct healing moves limited to 1/trainer
Arena: Meadow

Big, grassy meadow. Has scattered patches of tall grass. Blue skies, 72°F.

Profile.

2vs2 single
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: N/A
Arena: /b/

Ah, /b/. The infamous message board that has spawned over nine thousand memes and housed countless trolls. /b/ is a twisted area of cyberspace that few are brave enough to venture into, lest their poor souls be scarred with the macabre images of Pedobear, Jessi Slaughter, and Shoop da Whoop.

Being a region of cyberspace, those who are foolish enough to hold a Pokemon battle in /b/ are forced to jump from message to message, avoiding the 0's and 1's that zoom by at great speeds. Every now and then, a Pokemon will be unlucky enough to be smashed into by a floating binary number, taking anywhere from 5% to 15% damage. Occasionally messages will simply disappear, leaving those who had used it as a foothold to plummet into the depths of the ancient messages, some of which are a whopping 10 minutes old.

Now and then memes will greet the battlers. Not all are friendly, for example Shoop da Whoop may deliver a blast of incredible lazar energy, inflicting 40% to 50% damage to all in the vicinity. Some are simply distractors, such as Rickroll, whose exotic dancing will entrance naive Pokemon for quite some time, leaving them oblivious to pain or other stimuli.

Additional Rules: Referees, feel free to add more memes as you see fit. I didn't take too much time to write this, so I left out a lot.

[profile]

2vs2 single
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: N/A
Arena: /b/

Ah, /b/. The infamous message board that has spawned over nine thousand memes and housed countless trolls. /b/ is a twisted area of cyberspace that few are brave enough to venture into, lest their poor souls be scarred with the macabre images of Pedobear, Jessi Slaughter, and Shoop da Whoop.

Being a region of cyberspace, those who are foolish enough to hold a Pokemon battle in /b/ are forced to jump from message to message, avoiding the 0's and 1's that zoom by at great speeds. Every now and then, a Pokemon will be unlucky enough to be smashed into by a floating binary number, taking anywhere from 5% to 15% damage. Occasionally messages will simply disappear, leaving those who had used it as a foothold to plummet into the depths of the ancient messages, some of which are a whopping 10 minutes old.

Now and then memes will greet the battlers. Not all are friendly, for example Shoop da Whoop may deliver a blast of incredible lazar energy, inflicting 40% to 50% damage to all in the vicinity. Some are simply distractors, such as Rickroll, whose exotic dancing will entrance naive Pokemon for quite some time, leaving them oblivious to pain or other stimuli.

Additional Rules: Referees, feel free to add more memes as you see fit. I didn't take too much time to write this, so I left out a lot.

[profile]

Eh. Profile I guess. So there are one hit KO's? Apparently so.

1 vs 1 vs 1 single/triple?
DQ: Standard week
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Fleet Town

Fleet Town used to be a boisterous, prosperous city, made up of well-built houses, apartments, beautiful skyscrapers, everything you'd look for in a city. Unfortunately those times are long gone and all that's left are ruins.

Whatever destroyed the city did its job; there is not a single remaining building in Fleet Town that remains erect. The streets are littered with the remains of buildings - blocks of cement, wood, and bricks are strewn about carelessly. The ground itself is cracked and potholed; the once-pristine cement streets and beautiful sidewalks are now serve as a dangerous hazard to anyone who attempts to walk on them, whether by tripping over the cracks or fallen building parts or falling into holes.

I'm not sure if this would be considered a triple battle or a single battle; it's three trainers, each person sending out one pokemon.

Fleet Town used to be a boisterous, prosperous city, made up of well-built houses, apartments, beautiful skyscrapers, everything you'd look for in a city. Unfortunately those times are long gone and all that's left are ruins.

Whatever destroyed the city did its job; there is not a single remaining building in Fleet Town that remains erect. The streets are littered with the remains of buildings - blocks of cement, wood, and bricks are strewn about carelessly. The ground itself is cracked and potholed; the once-pristine cement streets and beautiful sidewalks are now serve as a dangerous hazard to anyone who attempts to walk on them, whether by tripping over the cracks or fallen building parts or falling into holes.

I'm not sure if this would be considered a triple battle or a single battle; it's three trainers, each person sending out one pokemon.

I'll accept this if you don't mind!

want to cause some sort of massive destruction.

Battle Format: 2 vs 2 single
Battle Style: Switch
DQ Time: A week
Banned and Restricted Moves: OHKO's, direct healing limit of 1, chill limit of 3
Arena Description: Sketchpad

A giant pad of paper made for transferring imagination into reality, everyone probably knows what one of these is. Except this one is big. Humongous, even. Yet for all intents and purposes it's flat, slightly textured surface provide an incredibly neutral field for battle. However, the paper seems highly resistant to normal damage, and as such the likes of fire, water, or any other damaging elements will not immediately disintegrate it's being as they may normal paper.

The ref plays an extra role in this battle, however.. upon accepting they are granted a magic pen, capable of bringing life to what is drawn onto the paper. As such, the ref gets to decide the arena effects each round, for better or for worse. (Try to remain unbiased though!! Most effects should probably affect both contenders unless you want to get creative with balance)
The catch is, they actually have to DRAW it - obviously. So with a little creativity (NOT asking for artistic genius here, Paint and scribbles will work, though effort would be appreciated~ ) this battle can flow as their fingers decide.
EVERY ROUND THE REF SHOULD DRAW THEIR CURRENT PERCEPTION OF THE BATTLE ON A 750x450 PIXEL TEMPLATE, AS WELL AS ADDING THE EFFECTS THEY WISH. For instance, the ref may draw a pond and colour the rest of the sheet green, to bring the battle to a grassy field with a small pond.
The ref may draw on the ENTIRE ARENA as they wish.

ADDITIONALLY, every three rounds STARTING AT ROUND TWO (Meaning the first round is played by contenders normally, then this will come into play, then two more will be played normally, and it will come into play again) both contenders will receive a disposable pen of their own, which will have enough ink for ONE EFFECT. By using a turn labelled as "Sketch", a Pokemon may sketch a desired effect using this pen, either immediately, or holding onto the pen for a later round. (Only two may be held at one time)
When a pen is used, the contender uses the same 750x450 pixel sheet to illustrate their desired effect, BUT THEY MAY NOT DESCRIBE IT WITH WORDS. Instead, the ref judges from their drawing alone and applies the effect as such!
When a contender produces their own effect, the ref will copy their drawing and ADD to it, but not OVERRIDE it. If both players use their pens at the same time, the player whose turn is first gets first dibs, the second player may ADD but not OVERRIDE it, and the ref takes last priority. A player's effect may only affect a maximum of HALF THE ARENA.
(FOR EXAMPLE: If Player 1 draws a field of Fire on the left side of the field, player two may draw the right side of the field with water, but NOT cover the existing fire. The ref is then within their liberty to add, for example, a platform on either side - but not remove or edit player effects drastically.)
Finally, at the end of every round the pad is wiped clean to begin anew. Meaning at the beginning of every round, it will have returned to a clean, neutral field until edited again.

My Profile

And I'm calling out Dwagie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom