• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have six pokémon capable of participating in a metronome battle...

... but I'm not insane.

Still, my previous one did finish, so may as well go for some more.

Reserved for Pathos and Kratos Aurion.

1 vs 1 vs 1
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 100%
Moves allowed: Metronome

Arena: ASB Central

ASB Central is a shining metropolis surrounded by wilderness, and absolutely filled with powerful trainers from around the world. Currently run by a seemingly-benevolent dictator, one so powerful she can veto any business, keep watch over every item, and allegedly, even warp reality itself, Asber manages to be relatively peaceful despite the myriad powerful creatures running around almost freely.

Every public building, set around the main street, is designed to subtly impress - even though some are no longer commonly used, discarded in favour of online systems accessible even from a personal computer. The Fourth United Bank of TCoD, though no longer as grand as its predecessor, is covered in mirrored glass and filled with expensive pieces of modern art and the massive servers that protect every trainer's money. The Pokémon Registration Office is carved from shining marble, designed to be far more robust, constructed from shining marble, where people go to showcase the unusual qualities of their pokémon. Another imposing building, the Referee Headquarters, towers over nearly every other building in ASB Central. The library, while rarely used by anyone but the ruler of Asber herself, contains the original texts of the most precious ASB documents, those that every referee learns to love, as well as prized rare tomes detailing less-known information about every pokémon, move, item, lore, and scientific concept in Asber. Even the smaller offices - whether it's the Business Approval Office, for example, or the dark alleyways that make up the Black Market - are impressive in their own ways, and of course, the business owners are interested in drawing attention to their own buildings.

The League-subsidised Kusari-Mart, Sunnenrain Berry Mart, and Grass King's Damage-Influencing Centre are clustered near the public buildings, though the rather more prosperous Kusari-Mart is the tallest and most impressive of them. Other private businesses are clustered nearby, too; Moony's Automail Shop is small, but its work is complex. The Aurion Home for the Belligerent Elderly may claim itself a public health service on its tax forms, but those who have offered "maintenance fees" before speaking with one of the better-known residents know better. The local Lacuna Labs outpost is filled with mysterious, unknown, but undoubtedly-expensive machines that should be either in or far away from hospitals, buying memories to go into a single person's pocket in addition to churning out sweet treats. Then there's the not-for-profit Hall of Fame, of course, and the slightly more distant Altoram Dept. Store, just outside the busiest streets, filled with ancient machines that and kept from the eyes of the government inspectors.

There is the most well-loved building in the region, a pokémon centre right across from the Pokémon Registration Office, with a pretty red roof and a front made of glass and lights.

But as soon as one leaves the outskirts of ASB Central? Dense forest, filled with wild pokémon, and beyond that, abandoned outposts that once held dreams of being cities. Perhaps they still can, when they're the only remnants of civilisation in all of Asber, but for now, they remain forgotten.

And so, three trainers and a referee, clad in black cloaks that hide their identities, decide to destroy it all...

... by posting their intentions on a public board any trainer can see?

Rules: Metronome only, no chill, standard health/energy, guys let's do this before Negrek sees anyth

Well if I have to I guess I don't mind doing a bit of destruction work. :D

since i dont have any pokemon with metronome, i need to turn it down =(

Here's one that i'll make now! (since i have 1 slot left)

2 vs 2 double
DQ: 3 days
Damage cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Weather Moves, Charging moves.
Arena: Mirage Island

Off the coast of Pacifilog in Hoenn is an Island full of Wynauts and Liechi Berries. Every round, 4 random flying or water types (one for every pokemon in play) will come up to the island. Due to the...mysteriousness of the island the random pokemon will come and fight the round for you. Your pokemon will still get it's EXP, since the island is making the pokemon do it and the island is, a mirage!

Additionally, after every round, a windstorm or thunder storm will come in play.

If it is a thunderstorm, it is more likely a water type will come than a flying type. (75% water, 25% flying)

If a windstorm, more likely a flying type than water type. (75% flying, 25% water)

You may also encounter Liechi Berries and Wynauts

There is a 1 percent chance your random Pokemon will be a Wynaut.

There is a 5 percent chance one of the random pokemon will eat a liechi berry, making it's attack's power double for he round.

Additional rules; when using one of the random pokemon, you must only use a move the random pokemon knows. There is a 1 percent chance your random Pokemon will be a Wynaut. Yes, the random pokemon can be a flying/water type legendary, like latias or lugia or kyogre.

Last edited:
since i dont have any pokemon with metronome, i need to turn it down =(

Here's one that i'll make now! (since i have 1 slot left)

2 vs 2 double
DQ: 3 days
Damage cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Weather Moves, Charging moves.
Arena: Mirage Island

Off the coast of Pacifilog in Hoenn is an Island full of Wynauts and Liechi Berries. Every round, 4 random flying or water types (one for every pokemon in play) will come up to the island. Due to the...mysteriousness of the island the random pokemon will come and fight the round for you. Your pokemon will still get it's EXP, since the island is making the pokemon do it and the island is, a mirage!

Additionally, after every round, a windstorm or thunder storm will come in play.

If it is a thunderstorm, it is more likely a water type will come than a flying type. (75% water, 25% flying)

If a windstorm, more likely a flying type than water type. (75% flying, 25% water)

You may also encounter Liechi Berries and Wynauts

There is a 1 percent chance your random Pokemon will be a Wynaut.

There is a 5 percent chance one of the random pokemon will eat a liechi berry, making it's attack's power double for he round.

Additional rules; when using one of the random pokemon, you must only use a move the random pokemon knows. There is a 1 percent chance your random Pokemon will be a Wynaut. Yes, the random pokemon can be a flying/water type legendary, like latias or lugia or kyogre.

Sure.

3 vs. 2 double
Switch
DQ: 5 days
Damage cap: 125%
Banned: OHKO, Direct Healing
Arena: The forest clearing
A clearing within a forest, blah blah blah, we've all heard this before. Water source nearby.

Additional: The one who accepts gets to choose if s/he is to be the one with 3 Pokémon (100% health/energy each) or 2 Pokémon (175% health/energy each).
EDIT: Sendout order: Let the one with three Pokémon be represented as A, and the one with two, B. A sends out 2 Pokémon, B sends out 2 Pokémon, A sends out one Pokémon.
For purposes of experience, unless Negrek objects, each side represents 3 EXP. Each Pokémon on the side with two Pokémon, represents 1 EXP each, but 3 EXP together.

Last edited:
Oh, my challenge is two people use two Pokemon. Lemme change it so it doesnt seem like 4 people. ( I just noticed it)

For purposes of experience, unless Negrek objects, each side represents 3 EXP. Each Pokémon on the side with two Pokémon, represents 1 EXP each, but 3 EXP together.
I don't mind you reducing experience output for the battle, but why?

Hmm? I don't think you understand what I meant

To clarify: Let's say Team A, who has three Pokémon, sends out Pokémon a and b, and they manage to defeat Pokémon a' of Team B, who has two Pokémon. Then, Pokémon b' then defeats Pokémon b. Trainer A sends out c, and a & c defeat b'. Final EXP count:

a: 4
b: 2
c: 2
a': 1
b': 2

Yes, I was misunderstanding you--but now what you've posted there is the ordinary EXP distribution for the example scenario, so I'm not sure why you said each side represents 3 EXP, since Team A ends up with 8 total and B with 3.

As I understand it: if a Pokémon on the three-Pokémon team survives to see both opponents go down, it gets an extra 1 exp. That way, a Pokémon that survives the entire match gets 3 exp (plus the 1 exp for being sent out) no matter which side it's on.

But normally in my scenario, Pokémon a would get 3 EXP and not 4. What I meant by "each side represents 3 EXP" was that defeating Pokémon a, b, and c would give you 3 EXP in addition to the EXP for entering into battle, while defeating Pokémon a' and b' would also give you 3 EXP plus the EXP for entering into battle.

EDIT: Yeah, what Zhorken said. As for why, well, it's because the Pokémon from team B have more health/energy and represent a challenge of greater length and difficulty for one Pokémon to take down.

But normally in my scenario, Pokémon a would get 3 EXP and not 4. What I meant by "each side represents 3 EXP" was that defeating Pokémon a, b, and c would give you 3 EXP in addition to the EXP for entering into battle, while defeating Pokémon a' and b' would also give you 3 EXP plus the EXP for entering into battle.

EDIT: Yeah, what Zhorken said. As for why, well, it's because the Pokémon from team B have more health/energy and represent a challenge of greater length and difficulty for one Pokémon to take down.
Eh... I suppose.

But just say "if a pokémon on the team with two survives for the entire battle, it gets one bonus EXP," for serious.

I have a problem of making things like this sound much more complicated than they should be :/. I'm sure I'll be a great textbook writer.

"'If a Pokémon on the team with two survives for the entire battle...'"

The team of three is the one that gets the extra point.

I have a problem of making things like this sound much more complicated than they should be :/. I'm sure I'll be a great textbook writer.

"'If a Pokémon on the team with two survives for the entire battle...'"

The team of three is the one that gets the extra point.
Right, right, more HP and all that. Fine.

everything is metronome battles so I'll just.. shameless drop my battle with Pathos to take you up on your offer, Grate Aural Sects. (Unless I haven't maxed my battle limit..?)

3 vs. 3 triple
Damage cap: 99%
Banned: Moves that aren't Metronome
Arena: Hearthome City

Hearthome City is the largest city in the faraway land of Sinnoh, with a population of errr... 91. It's home to a number of Contest-related facilities such as the Super Contest Hall and Poffin House, as well as Amity Square where one can walk around with only select cute Pokemon. Of course, there's a Pokemon Gym, with a Ghost type theme.

The battle will take place at night, in a location in Hearthome City of the ref's choosing. Numerous streetlights surround the battling area, and if they were all to go out the battlers would have a -1 to accuracy each. There is a fountain nearby for water-based attacks, and the ground is paved concrete sidewalks.

Other: Metronome only.

everything is metronome battles so I'll just.. shameless drop my battle with Pathos to take you up on your offer, Grate Aural Sects. (Unless I haven't maxed my battle limit..?)

3 vs. 3 triple
Damage cap: 99%
Banned: Moves that aren't Metronome
Arena: Hearthome City

Hearthome City is the largest city in the faraway land of Sinnoh, with a population of errr... 91. It's home to a number of Contest-related facilities such as the Super Contest Hall and Poffin House, as well as Amity Square where one can walk around with only select cute Pokemon. Of course, there's a Pokemon Gym, with a Ghost type theme.

The battle will take place at night, in a location in Hearthome City of the ref's choosing. Numerous streetlights surround the battling area, and if they were all to go out the battlers would have a -1 to accuracy each. There is a fountain nearby for water-based attacks, and the ground is paved concrete sidewalks.

Other: Metronome only.

Taking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom