• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, I believe you have to have an exact percentage. Oh, and does a tree appearing under a pokemon deal damage? I believe these things are important.

If a tree sprouts under you it'll only deal around 5% damage and it has a 25% chance of happening right under you. Sorry, I left that info out.

2vs2 single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: Any moves causing fainting on hit/use , chills, wheather moves
Arena: Metal ball

This arena is a hollow metal ball floating in space filled with air. There is no gravity, so all pokémon are considered naturally hovering. The exception are pokémon with 'magnet pull' ability because they will get stuck on the wall. Also, there are no free materials, so pokémon can only use moves that do not use external materials and water-dependant pokémon can not be used. Also there is no sky, so nothing Sun, Moon or sky related works.

Other: Only water-independant pokémon can be used.

Okay, we've got another potential referee here who needs a battle. That means I need one experienced referee and one person to battle them, and Totodile will take it from there.

As usual, someone who hasn't gotten a chance to battle yet is preferred as the opponent, but if nobody fitting that description doesn't show up within a couple days, it's fair game for anybody.

2vs2 Single
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for either participant.

Okay, we've got another potential referee here who needs a battle. That means I need one experienced referee and one person to battle them, and Totodile will take it from there.

As usual, someone who hasn't gotten a chance to battle yet is preferred as the opponent, but if nobody fitting that description doesn't show up within a couple days, it's fair game for anybody.

2vs2 Single

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for either participant.

I'll be the referee for this battle.

Last edited:

2vs2 Single

If no new member/person who's never battled posts to take this in the time alotted, I'll take this one.

2vs2 single
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: Any moves causing fainting on hit/use , chills, wheather moves
Arena: Metal ball

This arena is a hollow metal ball floating in space filled with air. There is no gravity, so all pokémon are considered naturally hovering. The exception are pokémon with 'magnet pull' ability because they will get stuck on the wall. Also, there are no free materials, so pokémon can only use moves that do not use external materials and water-dependant pokémon can not be used. Also there is no sky, so nothing Sun, Moon or sky related works.

Other: Only water-independant pokémon can be used.

accepted

:3
I am a soup addict!

2vs2 Single
DQ:
Nine days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: Ohe-hit OKHOs
Arena: Soupfish's Gone Crackers

Soupfish the Magikarp, the mascot of the Fish Jumpers, is absolutely obsessed with soup. She's even gone so far as to build a giant bowl of luke-warm tomato soup for battling in. (how she did that with fins, don't ask.) There are giant crackers floating around for the Pokemon to stand on, and the trainers sit in chairs duct-taped to the side of the bowl. It is possible at any time for a Pokemon to take a sip from the soup if they get hungry, restoring 10% health. However, Grass-typed Pokemon won't enjoy the cannibalistic vegetable taste, and will only receive 5% upon drinking the soup. Fire-types however, will absolutely love the hot taste, and will regain 11% health.
Also, the use of Rain Dance will dilute the soup, causing it to overflow, spilling the contents onto the plate below, whitch is a plain field with no effects.

Other: I'm kind of looking for another newb to battle with. And I promise this won't get DQ'd. Oh yeah, and if the person who takes this is a member of Fish Jumpers, and they win, they will receive three Fi$h.

Last edited:
One other Person (1vs1?), Single, 6 Pokemon max
DQ: One Week
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct Healing, Weather
Arena:Twisted Woods

The Twisted Woods is a forest filled to the brim with small, gnarled trees and thorns, so thick that certain clearings have pockets of still air unaffected by weather conditions elsewhere. The twisting branches and abundance of thorns will occasionally rip an item out of a pokemon's possession.

Other:
-The branches have a 5% chance every round to steal an active pokemon's item, effectively removing it from battle.
-Since the trees are so short, no pokemon above 6 feet can participate.

Also, as this is my first time with ASB, I would prefer someone less experienced, but any one is really ok with me.

Last edited:
3 vs 3 Triple
Banned Moves: Any move that a Magikarp cannot learn is banned (So the only moves allowed are Splash, Tackle, Flail, Bounce, and Bubble)
Arena: The Magikarp Lake

A normal lake. In the center of the lake resides a large water tank that is able to hold a triple battle against Magikarp.

Other: You must have three Magikarp to accept this.

3 vs 3 Triple
Banned Moves: Any move that a Magikarp cannot learn is banned (So the only moves allowed are Splash, Tackle, Flail, Bounce, and Bubble)

A normal lake. In the center of the lake resides a large water tank that is able to hold a triple battle against Magikarp.

:3
I am a soup addict!

2vs2 Single
DQ: Nine days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: Ohe-hit OKHOs
Arena: Soupfish's Gone Crackers

Soupfish the Magikarp, the mascot of the Fish Jumpers, is absolutely obsessed with soup. She's even gone so far as to build a giant bowl of luke-warm tomato soup for battling in. (how she did that with fins, don't ask.) There are giant crackers floating around for the Pokemon to stand on, and the trainers sit in chairs duct-taped to the side of the bowl. It is possible at any time for a Pokemon to take a sip from the soup if they get hungry, restoring 10% health. However, Grass-typed Pokemon won't enjoy the cannibalistic vegetable taste, and will only receive 5% upon drinking the soup. Fire-types however, will absolutely love the hot taste, and will regain 11% health.
Also, the use of Rain Dance will dilute the soup, causing it to overflow, spilling the contents onto the plate below, whitch is a plain field with no effects.

Other: I'm kind of looking for another newb to battle with. And I promise this won't get DQ'd. Oh yeah, and if the person who takes this is a member of Fish Jumpers, and they win, they will receive three Fi$h.
Set or switch?

Accepted either way.

One other Person (1vs1?), Single, 6 Pokemon max

The Twisted Woods is a forest filled to the brim with small, gnarled trees and thorns, so thick that certain clearings have pockets of still air unaffected by weather conditions elsewhere. The twisting branches and abundance of thorns will occasionally rip an item out of a pokemon's possession.

Other:
-The branches have a 5% chance every round to steal an active pokemon's item, effectively removing it from battle.
-Since the trees are so short, no pokemon above 6 feet can participate.

Also, as this is my first time with ASB, I would prefer someone less experienced, but any one is really ok with me.

Taking this.

K'yoril, 1v1 or 2v2 signifies how many Pokemon each side is using. Single refers to one Pokemon at a time; every battle is one trainer against another unless otherwise specified. I'll be happy to ref your battle since I'm pretty sure my late reffings caused Nanabshuckle8's last opponent to ditch the battle, but I'll need you to specify that a little more.

Yeah, we still need a ref, could take a couple of days. I'm horribly new to this as well so it'll hopefully be an even match ^^ And I'm wondering how many pokemon we can use, cause I don't even have 6 so... 2vs2 perhaps?
That's fine with me
K'yoril, 1v1 or 2v2 signifies how many Pokemon each side is using. Single refers to one Pokemon at a time; every battle is one trainer against another unless otherwise specified. I'll be happy to ref your battle since I'm pretty sure my late reffings caused Nanabshuckle8's last opponent to ditch the battle, but I'll need you to specify that a little more.

2vs2 Single

Thanks for offering to ref.

3 vs 3 Triple

That's not exactly going to be a very exciting match. Why don't you try something like this if you want to evolve your Magikarp?

3v3 Single
DQ: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 31 %
Banned Moves: OHKO, Direct Healing, Two Chills Each
Arena: Route 202 Clearing

A spacious clearing in the midst of every trainers first route, the landscape has been scarred from frequent first battles, where trainers have come to learn to properly use their first and closest pokemon. There is little grass in the center, and several small ponds dot the landscape. There is a mystical field that seems to surround the area preventing evolved pokemon from participating in battles here.

Other: NFE allowed only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom