• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Christmas thread

I got £80 from my parents, to go toward the 360 I want and £60 from relatives so I has £140 just from Christmas :3

Got a few other smaller presents like chocolatwes, a few books (Guinness World Record; Gaming Edition and a book called The Art of the Game worlds)

However, I have to wait till the 27th till I can go buy my 360 :(

Last edited:
I and my brother got an XBOX360. DAMMIT, I WANTED A WII :(
... of course I'm happy I got a game console at all, after all, they spent a lot of money on that thing... but when I've been talking about a Wii the whole month of December, you'll think they would get the one I wanted. Plus, it's cheaper(correct me if I'm wrong). They didn't even get any interesting games (a racing game, a Spiderman game and 2 Harry Potter games? Bleh.) Oh well, seems my brother liked it.
Oh well, I'll just buy a Wii and some other games later. I got some money too...

... Other gifts... I got some books, some clothes, some money, a box of lip balm, jigsaw puzzles(4 of them! 2 with 500 pieces and 2 with 1000 pieces), aaand some more stuff I can't remember right now.

I wanted to get the Pokemon Ranger games, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness, Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon seasons 2-6 on dvd, money and a ds lite.

I got $240! That means i can buy Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia! I just want Manaphy so bad! And maybe with the left over money i can get Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time or Explorers of Darkness!

I also got a skirt, 2 shirts, some lip gloss, chocolate, a hair straightner, more chocolate, a $40 gift card to a clothes store, a $50 gift card for my sister(basically she buys me anything up to $50) and a headache!(too much sugar!) but this stuff i didnt really want, it's only coz my wishlist didnt get all the way around before my presents were bought, but i'm still very happy!

Wow i talk too much... It must be my hyperactive mode.

I got £200 \o/ I have no idea what I'm going to spend it on but it will be good.

Aaaand I got some smallish stuff. :33 New hairdryer & straighteners (THEY. HAVE. FLOWERS. ON. THEM. <3), a couple of books, lots and lots of clothes and random things like a metal dog ("LOL SARAH YOUR VERY OWN DOG AT LAST 8D") and those totally cute charm bracelet with a dog bowl and kennel charms and stuff. So cute. :D

Peopleeee are coming over here later (I think we're-a hostin' some of the Christmas celebrations) but I saw my ickle cousins earlier and they're adorably mental as usual. The older one got Mario Kart DS. I think he will be a Nintendo boy when he grows up.

Let's see..

A Nintendo Wii, fuck yeah.
Brawl, fuck yeah.
Some Lego things
A Yugioh TCG structure deck(I actually play that card game, and I like it)
A shirt
Some money

I'm just fine. :)

Well, my wishlist that my parents made me write got completely disregarded, except for the Spore PC game. And we need a new graphics card for it to work..
On the plus side, my brother got me a Yotsuba action figure, and since my birthday's tomorrow and I'll be getting more presents from aunt and uncles... Who knows? The Yotsuba action figure is awesome! And I got like 100$ worth of gift cards for video game stores.. :D

cba to list so

christmasstuff.png

spot the stuff?

^Have fun with Animal Crossing! And I love those plushies!

All in all, I got:

-a hair straightener
-an mp3 player
-a pair of jeans
-a new usb card
-a bathrobe
-a haircut(and I love it!)
-some Sperry's(yay!)

I like this year's stuff better than last year's, even though the economy sucks right now.

MY PARENTS GOT TICKETS TO AVENUE Q. 8D I still can't believe it~

Besides that... I got some digital video-related stuff, a cool hair thing, some CDs, a kitten calender, and other stuff.

Everything I got:

Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy III
My Japanese Coach
Animal Crossing: City Folk
The Dark Knight on DVD
More Lindor truffles than I can eat in a freaking year (I wanted them, but five packages? D:/:D/D:/:D)
$95 and a $30 Target gift card
a peacoat with an awesome scarf
some 'Botan Rice Candy' that, as far as I can tell, is the same stuff as those orange slices wrapped up in rice paper, but they're pretty good
a set of shower gels and whatnot that smells nice

I think I got everything I asked for and then some. Going to the mall with friends to spend the money soon.

CycloDS
6 months of WoW time cards
DS Screen Protector
Some shirts (notably, hl2 evolution and a portal one)
New headphones
Clear playing cards
Storm Front and some other books, bookplates
$50, currently being held hostage
25bux best buy gift card
Lip Balm, Chocolate, Snowman Peeps, some tiny cereals, and some cute but not very interesting things my younger cousins made

Last edited:
Mostly the same dragon stuff/shirts/calendars/writing/drawing things/board game I usually get, nothing that exciting. But I did get seasons 3-6 of the X-Files, so that's awesome. :O Oh, and a Napster gift card that I've pretty much already blown and gotten annoyed with (wry you cannot understand that I am trying to download a song with the same name as the album, not the freaking album D:).

Will be visiting family for the traditional dinner later today. I honestly don't know most of these people as well as they seem to think I do and I would much rather stay at home and watch my new DVDs or the Mythbusters marathon, but at least there will be money there. That and the jewelry/cute girly clothes that these people cannot seem to understand that I do not like. Eh.

Ah, well, two hundred dollars or so worth of Mulder and Scully is good enough. *pats*

Last edited:
Plus, it's cheaper(correct me if I'm wrong).

The low memory one costs less, but the better one costs more.

Lessee, I got a calendar, a coin from the mint, De blob for the Wii, and gift cards from relatives. And a couple keychains (I collect them). AND MALLO CUPS AS A STOCKING STUFFER! I am positively elated.
Of course, I still ahve yet to go to my mom's.

eh I wasnt really expecting to get much but guess what I get money well what I was just expecting to get was greetings and thats enough for me.

Merry Christmas, everybody! :D

Lessee...

An 8g MP3 player (woot!)
A bunch of random (and very pretty) clothes
Two awesome pairs of boots
Sonic Chronicles
A silver monogrammed charm bracelet
Two pairs of earrings
$25
And a whole lot of candy

Back
Top Bottom