• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The City of Dreams

Talked it over with Kali and i'm his hooman buddy. Or.. He's my bodygaurd or.. He'll explain the details. ^^;

Name: Shallo Hazuno ( Shath-low Has-Uno )

Race: Human

Appearance: (Sorry for the rough description, it's been awhile. ^^; ) Shallo has shortish, messy, dark brown hair and deep blue eyes. Quite thick stubble occupies his bottom jaw. He has quite an average build, he stands just over 6'0 and isn't particulary toned, his skin is quite tanned, though not too visible past his facial hair and dark blue tinted sunglasses. He's often accompanied by a dark brown trenchcoat slung over one shoulder and a black shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a pair of jeans.

Side: The Corporation.

Personality: Shallo is quite calm and laidback, he doesn't seem overly bothered about anything to do with the company. He's just happy that he's not in the slums. His tone has been known to change from quite docile to a tad arrogant at times, as it seems he doesn't quite belong in his position, he'd rather be getting his hands dirty with some manual work then paper work, but he has his reasons.

Biography: Not many people know about Shallo's personal life, his family has never been well-off and his parents were killed in the previous Vangaurd riots. Thanks to his aquintance Tanya, he has managed to grasp a job at the high end of 'The Corporation' (( Kali: A Corporate Executive currently, newly elected to the Board of Executives, not the leader. Just a member. ))

Pokemon owned: Rhuu the Camerupt.

Sorry if the character seems a tad bland, but he'll develop a bit more once I get back into the flow of things. ^^;

Adding to the Worker's Vanguard~

Name: Obsidian
Race: Empath
Species: Kadabra
Empath type: Dark
Appearance: Has a dark gray - but not quite black - body tone, with white markings instead of red.
Side: Worker's Vanguard
Personality: Quiet and reserved, Obsidian generally dislikes being in the company of others, but when approached, he tries to be respectful towards others. At his worst, however, he can be cold and blunt.
Biography: Obsidian joined the Internal Security a few (human) years ago. At first, he didn't know much about the Corporation. But after learning more about it and beginning to pity the lower city, he became disillusioned, and, being a Pokemon that can teleport, escaped at the first opportunity.
Other: I play way too many characters like this. I try to mix it up a little, though. But I like playing cold, quiet characters! ;_;

Name: Melanie
Race: Hybrid
Species: Butterfree
Appearance: Melanie's Hybrid features consist of Butterfree eyes, antennas, wings, and even the 'mouth' of a Butterfree, giving her an uncanny, insectoid appearance. She has long, golden brown hair with brown eyes and fair, almost pale skin. She always wears her favorite lavender dress that goes down to her knees with long slits cut in the back for her wings and brown slip-on shoes.
Side: Worker's Vanguard
Personality: Calm and somewhat thick-skinned, Melanie tries to stay on everyone's good side. She's rather naive and ignorant, not wanting to think about the more depressing things in life.
Biography: Melanie was spliced not too long after she was born and was kept as nothing more than a pet by her family in Sigma City. While she was treated alright, she desperately wanted to be thought of as an equal and, frustrated, ran away from home. Later on she was taken in by the Worker's Vanguard.
Other: Kind of bland personality but eh.

Name: Ming-Yue Ryuu. Called Ming by close friends, Ryuu by others.
Race: Human

Appearance: She stands at 6'0'', long black hair cascading down her back in twin ponies. She has a angular face and witch purple eyes, giving her a foreign look to her. She wears dark worn blue jeans, a checkered shirt with the last three buttons undone, and a dark brown leather rancher's hat. Around her neck, she wears a silver necklace that belonged to her mother.

Side:the Worker's Vanguard

Personality: She is anti-people, and pro-Pokemon. She would usually keep quiet and never speak to people. She comes off as a harsh and cold, but when she's dealing with Pokemon she is warm and kind.

Though she hates people, she can't stand by and let anything suffer for long.

Biography: She used to live in the country, working on a farm with her sister. She was involved with a rancher in the country, but sadly he disappeared west toward the city. Hoping to find him, she traveled to this forsaken city and found herself in the middle of a three-way battle. At first, she stood back and let the people fight amongst themselves, having no care in their affairs. After much observation, she finally decided to help the the Worker's Vanguard in their struggle.

Pokemon owned:

-[Halan] Lucario (M)

-[Fang] Glaceon (M)

-[Midnight] Rapidash (M)

-[Shui] Feraligatr (M)

-[Serenity] Dragonite (F)

-[Sergeant] Blaziken (M)

Other: She travels with her full team. I hope that is alright.

Last edited:
It's quite alright. As long as you aren't using them to damage Corporate propety, of course. Accepted.

Here we go...

---

"Stop!", Radovan yelled.
He and Ursula rode Radovan's motorcycle down a street flanked by old-style housing in old Zilina, otherwise known as the lower city. Their quarry was proving difficult, a fugitive hybrid, combined with Hitmonlee, who was discovered collaborating with Vanguard members.
"Ursula.", Radovan simply said.
"Right.", she replied.
The Gardevoir focused and teleported off the bike. She appeared in front of the fugitive, but he managed to change direction and run into an alleyway. Radovan stopped his motorcycle in front, and got off. He walked into the alleyway, likely to be a dead end, and Ursula quietly followed. Soon, he happened upon the end of the alleyway. The hybrid in question, sporting very long and flexible legs with brown three-clawed feet, suddenly ran, and then flew through the air at Radovan, one leg extended. Ursula reached out at the hybrid, and telekinetically broke his leg mid-flight, then brought him down. With the fugitive unable to move, Radovan called dispatch with his communicator, signalling a unit of regular Internal Security guards to head out to apprehend him. In the meantime, Radovan placed cuffs around the hybrids hands and ankles.
"Good job.", a computer-generated voice said.
"Praise is a rare thing from you.", Radovan told Hermes.
"Security guards will arrive soon.", Hermes stated.
"Obviously.", Radovan replied, "Let's go, Ursula."
"Right.", she simply replied.

Tuma was brooding. Always brooding.

Today, he was brooding over how to best distribute his underlings. Sending them in groups with numbers too high would attract too much attention, not enough, and they would be picked off, one by one by the Vanguard or the Corporation.

Evenly disperse them without placing them in too much danger... perplexing.

His thoughts were interrupted by a Bronzong entering the chamber. Or rather, the Bronzong.

"Report."

"No sudden changes in our Grunt activity. As of now they are waiting for your next order."

"Good, good."

Tuma continued to ask himself how to best disperse the soldiers. What can be done to keep things in balance?

"If I may, sir," Malum said, "You're thinking on how to best send them, right?"

"Was it that obvious?"

"Yes, it was. Might I suggest only sending out half or so, while keeping the other half in reserve?"

"Half, but-"

"Well, it doesn't have to be that amount. You could portion it lower, if you wanted to."

"Well, we could-"

"Or," Malum said, "Send out a few scouting parties to wait for the Corporation and/or Vanguard's next move."

Tuma considered that option. It didn't sound overly risky, and they couldn't lose that much out of it.

"Very well then," he said, "Carry out those orders."

((I would post, but being a member of the Workers' Vanguard, I have *no idea* where to start.))

((Where to start? Most likely in the middle of some small task you've been assigned, think one up, doesn't have to be fancy. Alternatively, you could simply be waiting around for something to do, but that's less exciting. It's a bit tricky without a leader, per se, I know. Ideally, both the Vanguard and Galactic should be building up until it all boils over massively.))

"Well...this is a depressing little town, if I say so myself."

Ming, having found a old warehouse to hang out in, stretches her arms out and waits for the first member of the Vanguard to arrive. She looks down at her belt and pulls off a ball, tossing it out in front of her to release a the blue fox inside. The Glaceon stretches, grooming himself when he sees the dirt on his fur. Ming chuckles, patting her knee.

"Fang. Did you deliver those letters like I told you too?"

Fang looks up and her and nods, a small smile on his foxy face.

'Yes, Ming. I delivered the letters like you asked...though I wonder why you care about these humans and their problems.'

Ming just shakes her head, sighing. To tell the truth, even she wasn't sure why she wanted to help the people all. All she did know is that she is now involved, now she had to help.

"No frigging clue Fang. All I can do now is wait for them to asemble here so we can think of a way to build their forces up...to reclaim this city from the money grubbing overlords."

Fang lets out a dark chuckle, glancing at her sideways with a lit of amusement in his eye.

'You sound like that blue hound of yours.'

"I sound like Halan...? Well...I did train him"

Fang streches out on the floor and relaxes, resting his head on his paws.

'Whatever...I hope they get here soon. I'm bored as hell.'

((Moonlight has no idea where to start XD I'm in the Corporation, and I'm a Pokemon(well an empath but you know what I mean), so what should I do?))

Yes, this character again. Shush. I like her. >>

Name: Karae
Race: Empath
Species: Dragonair
Empath type: Dark (so predictable, eh?)
Appearance: Karae is twelve feet long, with slightly darker scales than most of her kind. Because of her other type, the small wings on her head are streaked with black feathers, and the small orbs at her chin and tail are a murky aqua, rather than the usual bright blue. She always appears spotless - a product of near-constant basking and grooming.
Side: Team Galactic
Personality: Karae can, at first glance, be taken to be vain and self-centred. Whenever meeting someone new, she will most likely ignore them, or show quite clearly that they are only tolerated by her. However, she is actually quite cautious, and prefers to hide behind a mask of vanity and indifference. She has a very low self esteem, and tries to be perfect - no matter who would benefit from her perfection. Thus, she trains to hone her powers, when no one is around. Her mindset lets her be easily manipulated by those whom she is trying to impress: namely, her leaders.
Biography: Captured as a Dratini and becoming a subject of Project Empath at an early age, Karae was exposed to Dark energy. Prodded towards evolving as soon as possible, she never developed any emotional attachment to the scientists in the Corporation. Because of the project, her weather-controlling powers didn't develop as quickly once she was a Dragonair, and she was designated a cripple. Just as she was put on her trial period, she was kidnapped by members of Team Galactic, and grew up there, gaining a fascination with the strategists who controlled it. Because the team was the one to care for her, she considers them her allies, and has devoted herself to achieving enugh power to aid them significantly.
Pokemon owned: N/A
Other: Yay for perfectionist dragons? =D

"Obsidian...? Is that you?"

A small child with Butterfree features crept towards what seemed to be an old warehouse.

"Ah, Melanie. I thought you had wandered off. Remember, we're supposed to be together so we can protect each other." A vaguely humanoid creature with gray and white features stepped out from the side of the building and spoke in a hushed voice.

"Sorry..." she muttered. "Is this the one?"

"Yes. Ming, er, Ryuu is inside. Please, let me do the talking."

"A-alright..." she followed him inside. Melanie always found Ming to be a bit scary. Obsidian wasn't much better, but at least he sort of looked out for her.

Fang let out a yawn, glancing at the enterence when the two came in. He then looks up at Ming and smiles a little.

'They're here, Ming'

Ming, still sitting on a crate, glances over to the new comers, her expression on her face to reveil any emotion. She nods at them and motions to a crate for them to sit on.

"I'm gald to see that my letters didn't go to waste. Welcome to my roost."

Fang lets out a muffled laugh, earning him a cold glare from Ming. He shrugs off the icy glare with a casual smile.

"I do hope that there will be more of you...becuase if the only ones fighting are the three of us, then we are screwed"

Fang mutters something about a Ranch boy and Ming intentions when finding said boy under his breath. Ming glances at him with a cold glare once more, this times earning herself a cold laugh from the Glaceon.

Back
Top Bottom