• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Clue Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Darksong: Wait...*checks post* Oops, I forgot how the update was worded. This should be better:
You could say that when someone thanks someone (or a list of things), they're mentioning them...

OK.
The next one looks easy but it probably isn't. Is it a query string? ... I'm guessing that the hint in the page source is misleading and it's not actually Smoochum

There are thirteen verses - meaning that you're looking for the Pokemon with the highest total over those thirteen days/verses. And yes, 'tis a query string

Well, if I calculated correctly, the most total over the entire song being sung is 48 Raichu, but I tried both raichu=48 and raichu=fortyeight and neither worked...

Clue 28 was easy... but it wouldn't have been if I hadn't bought the first season of Pokemon on DVD... :P Clue 29 mentions 22, and the answer to 22 is Scyther.... so what's the "do it" for? Is it a move Scyther learns?

Darksong: It's not the answer to 22 that is important - it's where you found it.

sreservoir: A popular Pokemon. So popular that people began to hate its popularity...

19, please? It says, 'Hovering over images is fun.'. I think that means that means I have to put the number before the pokemon's name, but other than I'm confused. Any help?

Thanks, now for 21... I think it means rhyperior and solid rock. I tried one-fourth, -1/4, rhyperior, camerupt, ability, three-fourths, solid rock, super effective, and damage.

dragonair: Well, it's a recoil move that's easily forgotten. I'll give you a hint: it's Electric-type. But what other electric type recoil move is there? :P (this one really confused me too.

Now to answer the last clue!
It reminds me of Mewtwo somehow... a Pokemon who wanted to be different... yup, only Mewtwo comes to mind. xD Something like "the difference came at a price." That's just confusing me...

21? I think it has something to do with ekans or mewtwo. I'm pretty sure of ekans, but I can't think of what type of twin? The last part of the source code hint was really confusing. 'The answer is "it", not "I", but who is "I"?' ? I have no idea what that means.

May I please have some more help with question 30? I've been stuck for a while now...:sweatdrop:

I've tried shiny, secondframe, gba, goldsilver, goldsilvercrystal, etc. am I close at all?

@Darksong: I think of Bagon when I hear 'wanting to be different'. It wants to fly, right?

I already tried Bagon... and Shelgon, and Salamence... I also tried everything I could think of that had to do with Kanto, since I know that some fans like Kanto more than the regions after them.

I've been stuck on #2 forever. I know the Pokemon is squishy and floppy but the answer never comes to me. Can I get a better hint at least?
Edit: Got it. Now I'm stuck on #3.

Last edited:
For 30, I'll give you a hint: it's not a Pokémon. It's funny how obvious the clues seem once you find the answer...:sweatdrop:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom