• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The CoD Monotype Challenge

Ah, okay. Good.

Anyway, scratch Silver. I can't find it. The games I can find and would be prepared to restart are Gold, Red (x2), Blue and Yellow.

The only games I ever lost were Silver and Yellow (I still have Red, Blue, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, and Pearl).
I'm thinking about restarting Pearl because it's so hacked up and doing a monotype in the process.

EDIT::
Oh, and you might want to add to the first post that you can add to the challenge if wanted.

Okay, if you suggest it. But only if you want me to trade for that Nidoran♂. It's nearly impossible to get a Nidoran♂ on LeafGreen. I Just had everything I typed deleted, so sorry if I seem a bit irritated. -_-

~LeafGreen Ground type mono~
Yeayea Surge is defeated.

Got a Diglett beforehand and named it Resseti after my favorite yelling mole from Animal Crossing.

Digdug evolved while fighting Surge.
----------
Party:

050diglett.png

Resseti
Level 19
Jolly nature
Arena Trap
---------
Sand-attack
Scratch
Growl
Magnitude

028sandslash.png

Digdug
Level 22
Bold nature (+Defense -Attack D:)
Sand Veil
--------
Scratch
Poison sting
Sand-Attack
Dig

074geodude.png

Brick Road
Level 23
Quirky nature (All around)
Sturdy (Well that's crap. D:)
--------
Tackle
Defense curl
Magnitude
Rock throw (No change there. XD)

030nidorina.png

Magda G.
Level 25 (aaa still sorta overleveled. Not as bad.)
Quiet nature
Poison point
--------
Poison sting
Scratch
Bite
Double Kick
~~~~~~~
Then there is my Pickup slave. Uh. Pickup. :3

.... God. I need some more training. I just got pwned by a Shroomish in Petalburg woods.
Lotad pulled me through, though.
My team:

mudkip (M)
Level 11
Relaxed
Tackle
Growl
Mud-slap
Water Gun

lotad (F)
lv 11
Modest
Astonish
Growl
Absorb

wingull (M)
Lv 11
Growl
Water Gun
Supersonic

Last edited:
well i'm making steady progress now, this monotype is piss easy
i'm at the team rocket base at mahogany town
my team so far is
typhlosion (f) lv41
flareon (f) lv37
growlithe (m) lv38
magmar (f) lv37

Roxanne got PWNED!
By a Wingull none the less. At 4 HP.
My team:

Wingull M
lv 17
Naughty
Growl
Water Gun
Supersonic
Wing Attack

Lombre F
Lv 16
Modest
Astonish
Growl
Nature Power
Absorb

Marshtomp M
lv 16
Relaxed
Tackle
Growl
Mudshot
Water Gun

Later...

Brawly Got PWNED!
Pokemon used: Pelliper

Team: All lv 25
Pelliper
Tentacool
Marshtomp
Ludicolo

Last edited:
Unless I didn't read something properly, I didn't see anything in the rules about using ROMs. Are they allowed?

Okay, I made it to Fallabor Town with this team:
Kippy (Marshtomp):Lv 25
Moves:
Tackle
Mud Shot
Mud-Slap
Water Gun

Lillie (Lombre): Lv 25
Moves:
Fake Out
Flash
Absorb
Nature Power

WaterWings (Pelipper): Lv 25
Moves:
Protect
Water Gun
Supersonic
Wing Attack

Aqua Spark (Chinchou): Lv 25 (I traded my Tentacool (RedBeam) for my sisters Chinchou, which I renamed in her game)
Moves:
Spark
Supersonic
Shock Wave (TM)
Water Gun

And of course, Hm Slave the Zigzagoon: Lv 6
Moves:
Rock Smash
Growl
Tail Whip
Cut

I think that you can use ROMs as long as you play normal as if you are playing the game. So I don't think saving more than once and others are allowed but I think you can use them just not take advantage of them...

Update

(I'm male but i'm using the female character-i was bored with the male one)

Roxanne got hammered by Kip and Lily (Harry died because rock>flying and Maria didn't hit hard enough)

Harry hammered Brawly, until makuhita got it, then the evolved Kip finished it

Team aqua have been run out of slateport, and I have now arrived in mauville and defeated Wally

Current Team:

marshtomp
Kip
Level 21

Water Gun
Mud Shot
Tackle
Mud Slap

lombre
Lily
Level 21

Absorb
Astonish
Fake Out
Nature Power

Wingull
Harry
Level 20

Water Gun
Wing Attack
Supersonic
Growl

azumarill
Maria
Level 20

Water Gun
Rollout
Tackle
Tail Whip

Planned Team:

Swampert

Earthquake
Brick Break
Strengh
???(Probably surf)

Golduck

Surf
???
???
???

Sharpedo

Slash
Crunch
Surf
???

Starmie

Thunderbolt
Psychic
Recover
???

kingdra

Dragonbreath (Breed-mother will come from emerald)
Surf
Ice Beam
???

ludicolo

Giga Drain
Hydro Pump
???
???

One of the surfs will be swapped for waterfall

Suggestions for the other moves will be appreciated

Like EeveeSkitty said, you aren't allowed to use cheat codes and you can only use *one* save state. The speed up function is to be used at your own discretion.

I know not to cheat or whatever. And I'll use the in-game save function, not the in-built Emulator one.

FireRed Water Monotype challenge~

Misty defeated!
At the moment the only damn thing I can do is use my Wartortle, but... using mostly (entirely) bite, the gym (and Misty especially) was demolished.

Have a magikarp (named Asuka... yes, both of my team members are named after Neon Genesis Evangelion characters. Even if my Wartortle is a surname and my Magikarp is a given...) that'll be on my team until I can get my Kabutops... oh, until that stupid thing is a Gyarados...

But.

Current Team:

Wartortle
Nagisa
Timid nature, male, level 23.
-Water Gun
-Bite
-Tackle
-Withdraw

Magikarp
Asuka
Careful nature, female, level 15
-Splash
-Tackle
---
---

Well, on we go.

Well no one is going to stop you from using a ROM, so there's no point in not using a ROM if you want.

Anyway... I've decided on types...

Poison on FireRed::
Just defeated Rival (newmoon) on Nugget Bridge and got Fame Checker. Haven't gotten to Misty yet.
Flying on Emerald::
Just got to Rustboro City and am leveling my Wingull for Roxanne.

And I'm still thinking about Pearl.

Starting mono-Grass on Sapphire (seriously guys, I'm gonna finish it this time, I swear D:) ; planned team so I don't forget:

SceptileLudicoloCacturneTropiusCradilyBreloom

i just beat the elite 4, lance was pretty hard to beat because fire types moves wouldn't really work
my team:
typhlosion (f) lv52
flareon (f) lv47
growlithe (m) lv47
magmar (f) lv48

Man, Roxanne is hard to beat with her Nosepass.
Current Team:
Taillow Wingull
Planned Team for bad memory purposes:
Swellow Gyarados Tropius Crobat Salamence Xatu
I'm sure one of them knows Earthquake. :/

Update ttiiiime! 8D

So, okay, my electric monotype team, where did I leave off? Was it after I defeated Brock? Probably. Alright, so, I made my way through Mt. Moon and made it sort of a point to skip the Hikers, since they're big trouble for me. When I got out of Mt. Moon, I (regretably) taught my Pikachu Mega Kick. Ew. No accuracy on it, and it sucks for when I'm in tight corners... (I.e. when I'm fighting a rock type, and run out of PP and all I have left is Thunderbolt). Needless to say, Misty wasn't a challenge at all. I rushed my way through Nugget Bridge, purposely skipping trainers so I could come back later... Once I got my cut TM (and my Pikachu now being a level 32), I went to catch a Voltorb, in which I named Dead Star (After a song by Muse, and, you know, stars explode on themselves, hah). So, at that point on, I went back to all the trainers I skipped and Dead Star became an Electrode.

Once I had Pikachu and Electrode, I took on Lt. Surge... I went through Diglett's Tunnel/Cave/Dwelling/Place of Residential Estate using a few repels and got Flash to teach to my HM slave Oddish.

So, I went through Rock Tunnel. Eeeew. Hikers everywhere. (Hopefully this won't be aproblem onec I've taught Misfit Love Iron Tail and my Jolteon learns Double Kick... and Electabuzz learns Brick Break...). So, I sorta rush through it, and upon coming to Lavender Town, I run straight to Celadon to get my Eevee... and I involve him into a Jolteon... and teac him Shockwave, since, he won't learn an attacking thunder move until stupid level 52.

Currently, I am training my new Jolteon, Lazy Eye (Silversun Pickups song).
Oh yeah, and I evolved MisfitLove if I didn't mention that already. (Queens of the Stone Age song)

Raichu
Misfit Love (Timid)
Thunderbolt
Mega Kick
Double Team
Thunderwave

Electrode
Dead Star (Quirky)
Spark
Charge
Sonicboom
Selfdestruct

Jolteon
Lazy Eye (Modest)
Shockwave
Quick Attack
Growl
Sand Attack

(I've started a ground Monotype Challenge on Leaf Green.)

Cherry's Ground Monotype: Chapter 1

Notes:
-Picked Bulbasaur as starter.
-Caught a Rattata and Pidgey for HM purposes.
-Successfully made it to Route 3, where I caught a Nidoran M and a Nidoran F.
-Evolved both Pokémon into Nidorino and Nidorina.
-Currently in Mt. Moon.
-Play Time - 2:57

Current Team:

[Elvis] nidorino (M)
Level 18
Ability: Poison Point
Lax Nature (+ Defense, - Sp. Defense)
-Leer
-Peck
-Poison Sting
-Double Kick

[Latifah] nidorina (F)
Level 16
Ability: Poison Point
Adamant Nature (+ Attack, - Sp. Attack)
-Growl
-Scratch
-Tail Whip
-Double Kick

I've chosen to stop and post progress now because I have a Moon Stone. I definitely don't want Flatter on either of my Pokémon, but Mega Horn for Elvis and Body Slam for Latifah sounds good...then again, they also learn nice moves if they don't evolve. Should I evolve them or not? If so, which one?

Back
Top Bottom