• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Darkest Hour (halfway through plot)

Onko didn't know why they thought there was something wrong, but she chuckled. "Never mind that. Let's go." She turned around and dashed off, around a large group of boulders.

"Wait up!" shouted Manmuu. He began to dash toward Onko, but Ispirit touched him and psychically teleported them closer to the leader.

As Onko ran around the boulders, I turned intangible and floated through them. I didn't know where we were going, but I hoped it could be a place where Team Light could finally find peace.

Grin sprinted after Onko, nearly tripping all the way. "I'll-*cough*-race-*cough*-you! ... Oh Arceus, this is torture! Do you always run this fast!?" He quickly wiped sweat off of his forehead and saw it hit Onko. He laughed and, and karma punished him by making him trip on a rock, but he didn't actually fall.

Kester leaped from boulder to boulder on all fours, scrabbling up some of the larger ones for purchase. Vaguely, he wondered how far it was going to be to their destination and why Onko had chosen the side of a volcano for a base. I have to keep an eye on Goros, he thought, so I'm going to have to go along with it.

Artemis sighed, watching Grin and the rest of the group leave.
"I seriously hope he was kidding, anyway. Jeez."
She shrugged and used Teleport, appearing where the others were. She jumped across the tops of boulders, humming to herself. For some reason she felt very cheerful. She almost tripped a few times but kept running, panting slightly.

"How long will this be?" asked Manmuu.

Groudon frowned. That Metagross... there's something about him that is of unappeal to me. What is it? And why did my Hand never come back?

Something then occured to me.

"We never did ask Groudon why that Earthquake happned," I muttered, "Isn't that the whole reason we came here?"

"Maybe," Onko replied without looking back. However, now she was slowing to the walk.
((Skip-plot again, we're on the other side of the volcano. It's about dawn the next day.))
Onko's eyes flew open. She stretched, yawning, waiting for the others to wake up.

Manmuu yawned and stood up, while Ispirit opened her eyes and floated upward. "What now?" she asked sleepily.

"Well," Onko replied, "At least it's not as warm today." She winked at the two Ice-types. "For now, we just have to wait for everyone to get up."

I woke up after some time. "So, what about the Quake? I, for one, would like to know how it happened; why Groudon, or some other pokemon with equal power, unleashed it."

Artemis woke up, feeling annoyed. She hadn't slept very well, and kept waking up in the middle of the night for no reason. The Gallade yawned and looked around at everyone, waiting for something interesting to happen.

"Is everyone awake?" Onko asked. She looked around; only Grin was asleep. The Infernape turned her head to Zrantox at his question. "Maybe later. I plan to make a new base not far from here. Groudon's cave will be within walking distance of it. But, if you would like to go now, I suppose you can. As long as you return in half an hour."

I shook my head, "I imagine we'll learn the truth sooner or later, hopefully sooner. For now, i can be patient."

"Don't look at me," said Manmuu. "I'm not an expert at finding locations. How about somewhere flat?"

((About how far is Team Light from the ocean?))

((Within a two-mile radius of it. The island is rather small, but it's big enough to suit Team Light. That means that the volcano is approximately 6.3 miles in circumference. To clear it up, I'll make Onko mention something like that. And do you think it would be okay if Onko had a map?))

Onko pulled out her map. "Since this island is longer that it is wide, it's best to make a base by the ocean, since we'll be near anyway. The volcano is about two miles in diameter, which means the island is about two miles across. Does what I just said help anybody?"

"Question," said Ispirit. "How can the island be two miles across when the volcano's two miles in diameter?"

((It's fine if Onko has a map ;D))

"The island is the same width as the volcano," Onko explained. She moved closer to everyone so that they could see the map, pointing to an open field about a quarter mile away from the ocean. "I think this place would be a good idea for a base location. Anyone else think they would want to build it elsewhere?"

Back
Top Bottom