• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Dream Thread

I had a dream last night where I got a new Wii (mine was stolen) and there were randomly some games that had escaped my mom selling them, but they were all Gamecube games. So anyway I put one in and started playing it, and had already been playing it for a few minutes before I realized 'OMG I got a new Wii'. And only then did I see the Wiimotes (I guess I was using a gamecube controller before, though nothing besides a Gamecube Memory Card was plugged into the Wii) and they tapered to a point at the end and one of them was a sort of spring green color. So then I went and asked my mom why I got a new Wii and she had an explanation that I forget then she started going on about how the green wiimote would be good so I could find the wiimote if I ever wanted to play in the dark... I guess it was glow in the dark or something.

And then it switched to a big auditorium with some sort of presentation, and then it switched to some place where people were selling stuff including this one guy I know and so I asked him what I could get for $15 (which apparently was all I had) and so he only pointed out the stuff I could get for exactly $15, so I had to look for stuff under $15 myself. And there were a bunch of random pictures hung up at his selling stand that were mildly creepy. I think one of them had to do with bones and talked about someone coming back to life or something. And then I woke up =3

Ack, inconsistent capitalization -.-

I think one of them had to do with bones and talked about someone coming back to life or something.

O.o Mumei... uh....

Anyway.

On Friday night I dreamt about something like Greece vs Rome or something, and I was a Roman. We lived in a desert with sandstone buildings and apparently the Greeks were going to attack.

Then I dreamt that I was a mortamor and that my team and I had beaten both the regionals and globals for Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker's Wildcard World Cup, so I was on the deck of a ferry boat with three killer whales at a celebration for it. Apparently I was supposed to copy them or something, so when they jumped into the water I did too. They somehow got up on a ledge about forty feet above the water tank (yes, TANK of water), so I did, and then the next part was the most fun.

They jumped into the water from that high up. I did too. It was so much fun falling :)

I had a dream that I was on Mars and that an astronaut was talking to me about living there. I can always breathe in dreams though, so he started talking about the atmosphere when I asked why.

(This is where the Naruto part starts)

Then, it skipped to a short part with two prisoners of Orochimaru. Nothing really happened.

And then I was in a toy shop, in a corner with something that looked like a jail cell with blue bars. My mom looked over at it and said, "A water slide!" And then she fumbled with some toy and then turned back around. "Oh, a Roller coaster! I knew that!"

And then it skipped to another two prisoners which, coincidentally and oddly, were me and Neji. I can't remember exactly what happened, but we were at what looked like a parking lot with a toll booth, colored completely yellow. And then Neji said goodbye to me, and was holding something green.

Last edited:
Just had the worst dream ever.

It was in the morning, when the sun hasn't risen yet but it was not as dark as night, yet not light enough to be dawn. I had just woken up in my bed, which was still nice and warm and comfortable. Then, my dad came into my room to wake me up. Being nice and comfortable, I was reluctant to get out of bed. After some yelling and prodding, my mom came into my room to get me out of bed. More yelling and prodding ensured.

I wanted to stay in bed, but I probably should have gotten up. So I painfully hosted myself out of bed --

-- only to discover that it was a dream.

Raaaaaaage...

i had a dream that i couldn't sleep in the room i was in and the tv/a light under my door/my mom's voice kept me up. the problem was, every time i woke up, the tv/a light under my door/my mom's voice were present. i thought i got a healthy amount of sleep last night, but something about that dream made me think otherwise.

1.I had a dream that I whent to school and everything was different. The depressing part is that it will be different

2.I had a dream that I was seching and searching and I found him~(also,I was haruhi suzumia)

3.I had another dream where I was going to war,I courageous..then I woke up.

There was this one strange dream I had a couple of months ago that involved movies and stuff. I was with a few of my friends in this huge spacious theater with only two long rows of seats heading long ways (from the front to the back of the place).

For some reason, the movie that was gonna show was something demented, and I was trying to get out of there to get a drink or something. The next part wasn't really a cut off, because I just walked into the next room.

I think there was a queen sized bed or something with thin, comfortable sheets and blankets colored light blue. Under the mattress were all of my lost stuff, including stuff that was stolen.

Yes please practice your Psycology 101 on me :))))

In most of my dreams as of late (Including the past two nights), I have been quite easily legally blind. My vision is blurred beyond recognition and rather sensitive to light, giving me a headache in my forehead if i strain it too hard.

The night before last, I was staying in a hotel with a group and I had no problems going to bed, but when I woke up, there was quite a colorful mess as I tried to make coffee (there were also plastic toy fruits, but this is a dream). My parents arrived to help, but even with their arrival I still couldn't see.

Last night, I was also in a group (probably a class) at an amusement park of some sort, kind of a West Clock town/jungle and we needed textbooks. I guess we were going to steal them, you know how sometimes in dreams you 'just know things'. On the subject of just knowing things, the people in the district were North Koreans. So we had to steal our textbooks from various stores and walk out of the park. Security wasn't an issue, but sometime as i headed toward the exit my vision failed and i believe i collapsed on my knees.

Oof. I can't remember a lot of the dream, although it was probably induced by watching the Naruto ending in Shippuuden episode 116 or Naruto Shippuuden episode 115, which has Suigetsu in it.

Though I don't know where the photography came from. And why in the world was Neji taking photos off of a boat with a stone floor, with a camera that looked oddly like my dad's?!

That's all I can remember xD

All I can remember is that I dreamt someone died and that I was playing Neopets and had a whole bunch of Lime Jelly.

I've been keeping a dream diary since a few days ago if anyone is particularly interested in that...

I have a question, though. Does anyone here often have lucid dreams? For the past two mornings (I take morning naps because I'm a lazy ass) I've said to myself "Hey, I must be dreaming"... I think I'm becoming lucid but there's some weird side effects.

The first dream was, like... I was in this turquoise high school where the lockers were as tall as those warehouse-esque shelves at a Sam's Club, and aliens came and began demolishing the place. Surrounded by aliens and panicking students I said, "Aliens aren't real! I must be dreaming!" Immediately afterwards I became aware of my sleeping position (on my stomach) and I felt this tingly sensation in my arms. Expectedly, I gained some control of the dream and jumped on an alien's back to show that I wasn't to be afraid of it. All the while I could hear the television in real life, a commercial for Aliens in the Attic was on. I think I was beginning to wake up just after I became lucid, maybe from the excitement or shock or something. When I woke up I saw and watched the rest of the commercial I began to hear in my dream.

In the dream I had yesterday morning, I was searching for something. Apparently its location was in my bedroom, which became very large, like cave-sized, but it retained some details of my bedroom. It was full of bat-monsters from the MMO that I play, and crobats. Apparently I was working with Kurotowa from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, because he was slowly trying to catch up with me. While I was searching for this lost thing and trying to avoid detection by the bats, I noticed my corner desk was missing and that's when I said to myself, "Am I dreaming?... Yeah, I must be, look at all of this lol." So I put the bats to sleep and backtracked to go talk to Kurotowa, and turned on this sort of radar thing to help us find what we were looking for. Then I proceeded to make out with him or something in case he didn't show up again for a while. Ever since I realized I was dreaming, though, I became aware of my sleeping position again (on my back), and it was my legs that felt funny this time- like they were fighting to become upright somehow. I also heard real sounds again. I was sleeping in my computer room instead of in the living room, so it wasn't the television I was hearing, but my boyfriend (some context- we don't live together. before we go to bed we get on Wifi on D/P and use the voice chat, and "sleep together" that way, with our DSes by our pillows, so I was hearing him through headphones), urging me to wake up. I woke up shortly afterwards, and the phrase he was speaking as I was dreaming continued seamlessly as I was becoming fully awake- so that's why I assume I'm somehow hearing on both wavelengths.

tl;dr I think when I become lucid I'm able to hear both real sounds going on around me and the sounds in my dreams. Also my limbs tingle and I become aware of how I'm sleeping, but the dream continues for a short while until I wake up.
So is this normal for lucid dreaming? Should I sleep in quieter environments so I'm not interrupted? Or am I dreaming about becoming lucid just when I happen to be waking up at the same time or something?

This WOULD have been a good dream if my mom didn't come in and wake me up -_-

All I can remember (the dream lasted literally 20 seconds) is that I was in the middle of the road in front of my dad's house and talking to someone who looked like a miniature TenTen. Then she said something odd, and I thought, "WOW I'M DREAMING!" I was just about to start singing when... see top sentence.

I had a dream once where I was in some kinda FPS deathmatch with Adam and Jamie from Mythbusters. We were on some Donkey Kong-esqe construction site and were using guns that shot these round blob things.

This was a cool one...My house was turned into some Castlevania level, and there was a map always in front of me like in the DS games. I remember running to a save point, going to a boss door (I think I was about to fight Death), and then woke up.

Ok, now this one confuses me to this day. I had the dream twice when I was about 6. There was this large cavern in a cave with a bunch of people sitting in benches. Then there was this door frame just randomly sitting in the middle of the room with an EXIT sign. Some kid through a rock at the sign, a boulder fell from the celing, and crushed a guy reading a newspaper. Then his head rolled out from underneath.

Those are the only interesting ones I remember.

...Wait, wait, you'll love this one.

Skroy Horitz. Skroy was there, and he looked like his old avatar, the one with the guy and Buisel for some reason morphing.

A girl was also there, I assume she was Notory because that's what we kept calling her, but she looked shockingly like my sister when she was younger. And, for some delightfully random reason, she wore multi-colored high heels.

We were in London, on that bridge that the Death Eaters destroyed in the new Harry Potter movie. They cam and the bridge began to break, but instead of running around, we just stood there and screamed, "Aaahhhh!" and Skroy added, "HELP ME!" which we all found hilarious and we began to laugh.

Then the bridge began to fall, and we stopped laughing abruptly. Skroy grabbed a cable and grabbed on, then I grabbed her leg and Notory took my leg.

We sat there, in silance, for quite a bit, then Notory suddenly suggested, "I have an idea! Let's fly there!"

Skroy and I were all like, "Duh!"

Then we flew up onto stable land and merrily continued on with our lives. Yata.

Last night I had a dream someone on Youtube (kind-of) sang a song about Neji [Naruto again]. When I woke up I wanted to see it again and it took me a few minutes to realize that it was just a dream.

It was more of a rap though, and I can't remember the tune anymore, so now that I think about it, it was probably not that good. ><

Yeah, I know this thread is a little old... but if nobody bumps this one up, someone will just post a second (third?) copy of it eventually, so it'd be coming back regardless.

So here's not one but two weird dreams I had in the past couple of months! And, bizarrely, they both involve a similar-looking van despite not having anything to do with each other, as far as I can tell.

Dream #1: This one was from about a month or two ago. I was playing some kind of old arcade game which, judging by the graphics, was probably from the 80's or maybe early 90's. The whole screen was filled up by a map of a city with a large body of water on the west side, maybe somewhere like California based on the way it looked. You played as a beige-ish colored van, which would drive around aimlessly most of the time.
Occasionally, an alarm started to go off (NES-style "low health" beeping), and after a few seconds of this, it started to beep faster and faster, and a red dot started blinking on a certain spot on the map, though it was only visible if you were on the same street. When the alarm stopped, this giant bird monster would show up and start attacking the city by shooting energy blasts from its mouth, which would blow up buildings if they hit them. You had to shoot at the bird or make a lot of noise to scare it away, and then it was back to driving aimlessly until the bird returned.

As far as I know, there is no game in existence that is like this... but who knows? It wouldn't be the first time I've dreamt about something that I didn't know existed and then found out later that it actually does.

=================

Dream #2: Actually had this one last night. I was sitting in a beige van (almost exactly like the one in the "bird attacking the city" game in the other dream) with two other people. The van's back seats were set up along the sides instead of across the middle; I was sitting in the seat on the right side, and the other two were sitting on the left side. One (an average-looking guy who appeared to be trying to grow a beard but wasn't quite there yet) was someone I didn't recognize at all, but apparently the other (a girl with kinda long, dark-colored hair and averageish size/proportions) was supposed to be a person from these forums. I'm not saying who it was, for obvious reasons. Of course, I have no idea what this person actually looks like, so I'm not sure where the dream version's appearance came from.
Anyway... apparently Dream!Me actually knew this person, even though I don't really know her (or anyone on here, really), and referred to her by some weird nickname which I'm not sure if she actually uses. Nothing much happened for a while (I think there may have been some talking, but I don't remember much of it), until the other two just randomly started having sex in the van. Right in front of me, as if I wasn't there in the first place. I pretty much just sat there and ignored them for a minute or so, and then woke up.

Really strange dream. I rarely even dream about people I actually do know, but having a dream about a person I don't know from an Internet forum where I'm rarely even active? That's on a completely different level of "what the hell?" than most of my dreams.

I once had a dream that started and there was a big emergency and I had a futuristic assault rifle and there was someone shouting at me. they said where I needed to go and it sounded vaguley familiar I told evryone that they needed X-ray visors.
Some dude who looked clever then approached me with an X-ray visor prototype and it was lees of a visor and more of a contact lens, but it was really big, I put it on and ran around and shot some things, I shot one thing in the neck and its head fell off.

I don't remember the next bit but when the crisis was over I was talking to some big dude, and all of a suddne he started shouting at me saying something about how they were hacking the system and I needed to get rid of my rocket propelled grenade so I dismantled my gun and took the grebade out, I threw it into the sea but accidentally fell in as well.

I should have died but instead I was on this island watching this crazy lady look at some mud with a plastic glove, then I woke up.

Okay, I don't remember much...

I was in a city. I must have been an animal because I was planning to go through an air vent into a resturaunt. Dream change.

This I don't remember much of. It was -blech- Twilight-based. All I remember at the end was that I turned into a sparkly vampire -shudders-.

I "woke up" from the nightmare. Looking over, I see a kid from my Social Studies class sleeping in another bed. I knew I was dreaming so I tried to catapult myself out of it. It didn't work. I walk to the door, still knowing it's a dream, hoping that I could bend the dream so Phoenix Wright or Apollo Justice would be there. My dad was instead My dad was taking me somewhere, despite my protests that I was still asleep.

Then I woke up for real, very confused.

I can't remember too much, but in my dream I was being chased by a giant spider and some dark thing and other monsters, and then I woke up, thought it was safe, but that also turned out to be a dream, and then I woke up like "HuuuU!!!" (like in the movies

Back
Top Bottom