• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Felt--Homestuck Fan Club

I think I need to start a Kickstarter to raise the $10,000 necessary to get an absolutely ridiculous fantroll into Homestuck.

I mean, they'd probably only appear as a background character who gets eaten or something in a flashback panel, but still.

oh yeah this is a thing

A thing that I'm now joining~

Pesterchum is dramatisPersonae

I can't stop looking at those scalemates on the Kickstarter page. They just look so cuddly and huggable.

Lemonsnout and Pyralspite have the unmitigated cheek to waltz before His Tyranny with illicit, embezzled beetles concealed beneath their ill-gotten finery.
nooo stop the cuteness is killing me

Hey my fellow Homestucks just wanted to let you all know that I'm doing a fanadventure, and maybe you guys can shoot us things to do? :D We might even take more characters (kids only right now) if you're interested.

holy orange creamsicles shaped like jesus christ this sitch just lost its sincerity stat is perfect in every way and sgnkgsnk;gsnk;gsnk;

cant breath

DAVESPRITE: im sorry john your glasses sparkle like a disco ball of the divine and your teeth chomp at the air like a proud and vivacious handbag clasp cast from the finest ivories

Ok.
Finally up to act 5.
I think this might be worth it. I think I might like this.
The trolls texts can be a bit annoying to read though.
*goes the fuck to sleep*

Alright, I suppose I have no choice but to post here now.

You got me.
I've started reading, and I /like it/. Maybe I was just soured before by certain circumstances, but it really is good. I'm balls-deep in Act 5 Part 2 at the moment, and I've been archive binging for two days.

You got me.
I've started reading, and I /like it/. Maybe I was just soured before by certain circumstances, but it really is good. I'm balls-deep in Act 5 Part 2 at the moment, and I've been archive binging for two days.

I'm so proud of you :D

on a related note, my sis, a friend and I are eventually doing a little text-based SBURB adventure thing on tumblr! except we need more people to do so x_x since there's only three of us and that would be a very messed-up session

on a related note, my sis, a friend and I are eventually doing a little text-based SBURB adventure thing on tumblr! except we need more people to do so x_x since there's only three of us and that would be a very messed-up session

I'd be willing to try...? But honestly possible commitment problems so uh

So it seems like Hussie decided that nope, more than two canon fantrolls would be way too much.

... Also, does Hussie mean that you'll be able to buy a physical game normally with us reaching $1,250,000 on the Kickstarter, or that people who donated enough to get a physical game can get it on either a CD or USB? OTL It didn't seem very clear (or maybe I'm just perpetually clueless).

I'm inclined to believe it's the latter, myself.

And now, an update on Zora's Quest To Catch Up On Homestuck:
sdfdfghgfhj
dfgfhadfgfghkhgkFGHGFKHJKJKLJIKKL,JKLKJGGHJGHJGJG
SUDDENLY EVERYTHING IS CONFUSION AND ANIMATION MAJOR ORGASMS AND NOTHING HURTS

(zora found cascade, they're still cleaning up the waste from the subsequent mind explosion, film at 11)

You got me.
shockedKarkat_zps5e86c858.gif
...Did not see that coming.

Still, a large portion of the HS fanbase is pretty loud and obnoxious (especially on tumblr), so I can understand the whole getting sick of something before you've even read it mindset. That's happened to me with other fandoms before.

He probably didn't expect anyone to actually go for it. Who was the second fantroll anyway?

He probably didn't expect anyone to actually go for it. Who was the second fantroll anyway?

I don't know, actually. Maybe the MSPA wiki has it up? Although if it's known, I'd expect to have seen it by now

Also apparently it's beta-testing time??? Did any of you pledge enough to play the update early? (Obviously hide the spoilers, but)

I saw a post regarding the person who pledged for the second fantroll, but it's somebody on DA, I was browsing on a computer where I had DA blocked, and the link was swiftly lost in the ever-churn of the internet, so unfortunately I can't point you to who it is. But some people are certainly aware of it.

I have access to the beta but haven't played it yet. :P

Edit: Just tried it and it refused to recognize my arrow keys or WASD, so all I could do was stand there sadly clicking on the control instructions or sylladex. Epic fail. :(

Edit-edit: Won't load at all in IE (admittedly I think it's still version eight, and nobody cares about IEv8 anymore, with good reason).

Last edited:
I saw a post regarding the person who pledged for the second fantroll, but it's somebody on DA, I was browsing on a computer where I had DA blocked, and the link was swiftly lost in the ever-churn of the internet, so unfortunately I can't point you to who it is. But some people are certainly aware of it.

I have access to the beta but haven't played it yet. :P

Edit: Just tried it and it refused to recognize my arrow keys or WASD, so all I could do was stand there sadly clicking on the control instructions or sylladex. Epic fail. :(

Edit-edit: Won't load at all in IE (admittedly I think it's still version eight, and nobody cares about IEv8 anymore, with good reason).
Well, here they are. No super-ridiculous fantroll, sadly, but at the same time that's probably a good thing so. Eh.

Links to the update are on Youtube now, so if you can't get it to work at all...? I think I'll be holding off until I can actually play it though.

Aww, Nektan is kind of generic for my tastes. The whole treasure-obsessed seadweller pirate thing makes me think too much of Dualscar. Or maybe I'm just bitter about how the TrollSlum narrative insists that his left horn looks like a seven, despite the fact that it's very clearly the right horn on the sprite. :/ Hopefully the second concept will end up being more interesting.

Nah, I figure they'll fix it at some point; I'd rather wait for that and play the game myself.

I think Nektan's design is pretty nice though, and the sprite was majorly improved. I suppose his back-story doesn't matter so much anyway since I doubt Hussie would expand on that even if he lived long enough.

The second one is... eh. Kinda generic too I suppose.

Wooow, Cronus is a major asshole, but I like him and his greaser design anyway. Mituna and Meulin are really adorable. Kurloz's skeleton get-up is the best though, because BONES.

There's a bit of drama over Mituna's interactions with Cronus, and yeah, Cronus was really horrible to him. It still bugs me when people can't separate a character's actions from their creator though.

Back
Top Bottom