• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Felt--Homestuck Fan Club

I think the worst part about this is that it's so fucking adorable, it's going to be even worse when everyone probably dies.

Sorry, quick rant: I still love homestuck but Hussie's self-insert still makes me cringe and I don't enjoy any of his antics

Like, every time he shows up, I just find myself wishing he'd go away. He just sort of ruined this sequence between Meenah and Vriska for me.

Sorry, quick rant: I still love homestuck but Hussie's self-insert still makes me cringe and I don't enjoy any of his antics

Like, every time he shows up, I just find myself wishing he'd go away. He just sort of ruined this sequence between Meenah and Vriska for me.
Aw, what? I've always liked his self-insertions, they're great. This one in particular wasn't that special, but I don't see anything wrong with it, either.

Last edited:
I'm now caught up with Homestuck for the first time since like... December

So is Vriska the main character now?

She's basically a black hole of character development that sucks everyone else down with her. Hussie just can't seem to let her go for some reason and seems absolutely determined to make her as stale and repetitive as possible. We're also somehow expected to believe that a character who tried to "help" someone by crippling and verbally abusing him managed to magically make everything on the meteor okay.

I'm really baffled as to why everyone just randomly decided to ignore the fact that Vriska fucking murdered somebody and are blindly following her orders for some reason? And they're basically just letting her act like an asshole and plan everything for them? Did John just forget what an asshole she was?

Yeah, I'm just a little bitter than this comic has become absolutely unreadable for me now. I did have a lot of criticisms before, but they were tolerable. This just... isn't. People had theories that this was just the story seen through "Vriska-vision", so we're just seeing a biased version of events. I initially thought that had to be the case, but unfortunately it's looking like he's actually going through with this? If the "vriska-vision" thing eventually turns out to be true, I might start reading again, but I have to admit that my love for the characters and story is at an all time low right now.

She's basically a black hole of character development that sucks everyone else down with her. Hussie just can't seem to let her go for some reason and seems absolutely determined to make her as stale and repetitive as possible. We're also somehow expected to believe that a character who tried to "help" someone by crippling and verbally abusing him managed to magically make everything on the meteor okay.

I'm really baffled as to why everyone just randomly decided to ignore the fact that Vriska fucking murdered somebody and are blindly following her orders for some reason? And they're basically just letting her act like an asshole and plan everything for them? Did John just forget what an asshole she was?

Yeah, I'm just a little bitter than this comic has become absolutely unreadable for me now. I did have a lot of criticisms before, but they were tolerable. This just... isn't. People had theories that this was just the story seen through "Vriska-vision", so we're just seeing a biased version of events. I initially thought that had to be the case, but unfortunately it's looking like he's actually going through with this? If the "vriska-vision" thing eventually turns out to be true, I might start reading again, but I have to admit that my love for the characters and story is at an all time low right now.

For one, murder is pretty much a part of troll culture. Vriska and Terezi killed hundreds if not thousands of trolls in their FLARP campaigns. Nobody particularly knew or liked Tavros, either.

Two, everyone on the meteor knew that no Vriska == doomed timeline while Vriska == non-doomed timeline.

Third, they've all been living with Vriska for three years. They've gotten used to her HUGE 8ITCH status, the same with Karkat's irate shoutyness, Gamzee's crazy, Dave's inane Freudian monologues, ect ect

The murder as part of troll culture issue is really flip-flopped on a lot. But the trolls are still distressed by the death of their friends and have punished/reprimanded those that committed murder. As for Tavros being disliked, I can only really remember Karkat being dismissive towards him, but then again, he's been like that to everyone at least once. Terezi seemed distressed by his death, but she presumably just forgot about her duty to bring the murderer to justice, I guess.

Two, everyone on the meteor knew that no Vriska == doomed timeline while Vriska == non-doomed timeline.
Yes, and I take issue with the fact that Vriska makes a non-doomed timeline considering what an awful person she is and what she's done to those around her. The "Vriska makes everything better" montage wasn't convincing. Which was probably why most people were expecting it to be from Vriska's skewed perspective.

Third, they've all been living with Vriska for three years. They've gotten used to her HUGE 8ITCH status, the same with Karkat's irate shoutyness, Gamzee's crazy, Dave's inane Freudian monologues, ect ect
You're acting as though Vriska's behavior is some minor quirk, and not something that got somebody killed. She's proven to be just as much of an abusive asshole as before and her character is back at square one. I thought her arc tied up pretty nicely after her death by Terezi, so it's pretty disappointing to go through this again. Death is pretty much meaningless, and any character deaths are just getting played out for cheap shocks at this point.

For the record, I'd still consider myself a fan, which is pretty much the reason I get so critical about the comic. (Plus, discussions like this are fun :p)

Last edited:
Hussie's fix8ion with Vriska certainly irks me a bit, given how awful she can be. Even if somehow I was able to magically forgive her for abusing, manipulating, and yes, murdering Tavros, the way she treats Jape, er Jake and Tavrosprite in the recent updates shows she hasn't changed a bit.

Still, it hasn't really stopped me from enjoying the comic. John retconned a lot of his friends back to life, so I don't see why doing the same with Vriska as well is such a bad thing.

To be honest, I'm quite enjoying this, since Vriska is actually my favourite character.

As an aside (and half of Tumblr would do well to take note of this):

[rant]Liking a CHARACTER doesn't mean that you like that character as a PERSON.

A hell of a lot of the fictional characters I like (including, but not restricted to, Vriska) are awful people, but that doesn't make me like them any less... as CHARACTERS.

Seriously, I am SO DONE with people who think liking a character automatically means you agree with everything that character has ever done.[/rant]

Vriska has always been the type to take the reigns, I think, so it's not that surprising that something like this happened in at least one timeline. I, too, like Vriska a lot, mainly because of the things she's done and the way she acts; just because they're not actually nice things to do doesn't mean they don't make her an interesting character, and it's uncommon to see a character that's simultaneously so active and passive. I find her interesting.

At any rate, don't forget that despite all the planning and helping she's been doing, Vriska really was thinking of herself the entire time. By gaining their trust as a Good Leader, Vriska made it possible for her to delegate everyone else to the smaller jobs to clear the path for her to reel in the big fish.

Yeah, I just meant "furries" as more of an umbrella term for interest in anthropomorphic animals.

MSPA Wiki said:
Both Terezi Pyrope and Nepeta Leijon have shown interest in furry roleplaying. Terezi is mainly interested in dragons, often called 'scalies' in the fandom (a reference to scales), while Nepeta is interested in felines.

Back
Top Bottom