• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Felt--Homestuck Fan Club

Well, if you consider who's already been shown as a horrible abomination combosprite and who's still alive, aren't the only trolls left unaccounted for Equius and Aradia?

...oh dear.

Just posting here to say I am finally caught up!!!

I love Erisolsprite and Fefetasprite. I wonder who Dirk's sprite guide will be?

tumblr_m83gtj8G3s1qgi0j3o1_500.jpg

Well, you know how all the sprites were complementary colors of each other? A common theory on tumblr is that it'll be Equius/Dirk's head

So Ancestors confirmed for speaking exactly the way they do in A1

Anyone else thinking that the HIC chat was fucking hilarious?

Thinking of joining this pesterchum thing.
Dunno what to call myself though.
Maybe TrustingAilurus if it didn't sound so shit.

Maybe AmorousTrogonidae.
Yes yes good.

Last edited:
Gamzee crying from the sheer beauty is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. DRAMA QUEEN. And some people on tumblr are fawning over him because they think the poor baby feels guilty about murdering Equius which makes it even funnier.

I honestly don't know what the problem is. I am actually quite confused. But then again it doesn't affect me that much due to the fact it is a...you know, joke.

But I do understand the reasons for the change were nothing to do with social justice people, so I guess that's ok.

I don't know much about the situation either, myself, aside from that Andrew's been getting a fair amount of flak for all of his characters being white for a while now... I just assumed he kind of got fed up with it and did his usual trolling thing. Seems like a pretty tasteless response IMO, but if I was in his shoes I probably would have gotten tired of the hassling and decided to throw down a big "fuck you" to my detractors. I don't have the whole story, though, so maybe there's something more going on than that.

Edit: Oops, should have read his tumblr first. I didn't actually realize he'd changed the page or anything. So apparently he wasn't (quite?) trying to mock the fanbase after all... noooot sure how he didn't expect that particular joke to blow up in his face, but live and learn, I guess.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think there was complaints about the kids being all white, but then Hussie said they were aracial. Buuuut... it's kinda obvious he didn't plan for that because you can see stuff scattered throughout the story that pretty much states they are white, like John referring to "little pink monkeys" and Kanaya saying that Rose was pale. Tbh, I can sympathize with Hussie 'cause he probably didn't expect the fanbase to get so big and race isn't always on the forefront of people's mind when they're creating a story.

I like the peachy joke better because it actually makes sense in context. The caucasian joke was just a jab at the people going "oh no trickster jane is white social justice warriors are gonna piss!!!!" and is just going to seem out of place to people who don't follow tumblr race shenanigans. I know Hussie likes to "rile up" his fanbase with these kind of jokes, but I'd prefer it if he'd dial it down a bit, because I think the over the top self-awareness interferes with the story sometimes.

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't actually think "white person" when I saw the tricksters. I just thought it was part of their bright, candy coloured theme.

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't actually think "white person" when I saw the tricksters. I just thought it was part of their bright, candy coloured theme.

My sister said the "caucasian" skin of the tricksters was supposed to represent cream! But I dunno if that's truth or just speculation

Last edited:
I'm now in Act 6 Act 3, so I'm nearly caught up! :)

I ship Rose/Kanaya, Dave/Terezi, Tavros/Vriska, Jade/Nepeta (don't ask), and Jane/Jake.

Back
Top Bottom