• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Games

Solstice

Back from the dead.
James Ridi, a fourteen year old boy, one about to enter a world of the unknown. In this Earth, Pokemon is simply a game, a book, a fictional series. Who would've guessed that there was another Earth out there, one inhabited by these creatures? But not only that, but the home to a deadly- Wait. Let us start from the beginning of this unusual, and exciting story.

-------------------

James Ridi had returned from his local high school, nothing out of the ordinary. Except, there was.

James owned an e-mail address, unused. Nothing was connected to it. However, when James opened his web browser, he was notified of an e-mail- on that one account.

Wondering who had sent him mail, James brought up the account.

The simply said 'The Games'.

James opened it, curious. He read the mail, which had said 'Welcome to The Games!'. A link was underneath. Out of curiosity, the boy clicked on the link, not worrying about what could lie ahead.

Of course, there are viruses and worms, but nothing like this. A few seconds after the link was pressed, the old computer's fan blasted to life, and the screen started shaking. James backed away, wondering what was happening. His curiosity was drained.

The screen blasted to life, becoming a white color outlining the outside of the screen. There was a sucking force, strong enough to pull James off his feet. He attempted to run away, but to no avail.

James was getting pulled towards the screen, and he braced himself for impact. It never came. He had disappeared, the screen shutting off minutes later.

Ree had been sick all day, and was "forced" to stay home from school in bed, which was good for him. He had never liked school, not even when they got to dissect owl pellets a while back.

Ree's red laptop perched on his lap. His wallpaper swiftly loaded as he waited patiently. He double-clicked the Firefox icon and went to check his emails.

There was only one: "The Games," sent by an unverified user. Ree curiously clicked on it. There was a link; it was probably one of those stupid Youtube videos where Mudkips open their mouths for thirty minutes straight.

So he clicked it.

His speakers, which had not worked for years, suddenly roared as the screen flashed. Ree was intrigued enough to lean closer to the screen. He was then suddenly sucked into the blinding array of lights.

His laptop then shut off to conserve battery power.

Lilijana loved surfing the internet. Whether it was going onto one of her favorite Pokemon websites or watching Shane Dawson on YouTube, she based her life around the internet. Every night it was the same routine: do homework, practice piano, get on internet.

She opened and turned on her laptop, and entered her password on the log-in screen. It was always the same password for everything. Well, almost everything. She saw her desktop open to a picture of Jesus with Justin Beiber's face photoshopped over it. She giggled at the sight, then shook her head. She glanced at her clock. She would be getting in bed in an hour or so, so she better hurry up.

First she got on YouTube. Then a Pokemon website. Then, she checked out some webcomics. Finally, she checked her e-mail. "The Games" was the subject, and she clicked on it without thinking about it. It wasn't an ad, or else she would've just deleted it.

The fan in her computer whirred to life, and she heard her computer make chunking and clacking noises. "What the fu-"

She wasn't able to finish. She was gone from the chair she had once been sitting in. Her cat, which was sitting on top of her desk, had its fur puffed out to make it look twice its size, and his yellow-green eyes were wide. It blinked a couple of times, then weakly mewed for its owner. "Mew?"

Rikku was checking her e-mail. She always did, seeing as she wasn't interested in facebook or any kind of sites like that. She preffered to just message people.

Her laptop was placed on her bed and she was laying on her stomach. Looking through her mail she saw one that wasn't from one of her friends. It was entitled, "The Games" and it piqued her interest. Disappointed by seeing just the words, "Welcome to the Games!" and a link on the bottom. She was tempted to place it in her spam folder, but something compelled her to click the link. Of course, she regretted it as soon as her computer went haywire. The screen flashed a bright light and noises came from the speakers.

The laptop was slightly open and now having a black screen, it was still hooked onto her charger. Her cell phone was going off beside her bed, but no one was there to answer it.

Alex entered into his house with a quiet step. Slowly shutting the large ornate door behind him, he did a quick walkthrough of the house to find that no one was inside. It didn't surprise him much; his parents always had work around this time.

Alex catapulted over the sofa that was in front of him, then briskly walked to the other side of his house, where his room was located. He opened the door, threw his backpack on the bed and sat down in front of his computer. His teachers were generous today, and didn't bother to give any homework. Which meant it was straight to the internet for him.

The first thing he always did was check his email. He had subscribed to so many useless newsletters, and today he was finally going to unsubscribe from most of them. However, an email with the subject 'The Games' was the one that caught his eye. Immediately, he figured it was spam. Subconsciously, however, he clicked on the email and opened it. A link was the only blatant thing in there. Alex clicked on it.

His computer monitor began to fizzle and crackle loudly. No image showed on the screen. The speakers blared out random noise, and Alex felt a strong sucking force. He instinctively tried to roll back, but the force was too strong. He flew towards his monitor, and he quickly tried to grab his desk to no avail. Seconds later, Alex was gone.

After a long day of school, gym, running, and overall a bunch of crap he really didn't care about, Marcus finally arrived in his room. After locking the door, he immediately turned on his computer. He had e-mailed his friend about a nintendo event, and wanted to see his reply. When he typed in his password, however, a link popped up. a message, apparently forwarded by his friend, with a subject of 'the games'.

"What games... does he mean Pokemon?" Marcus thought.

Figuring he was right, Marcus clicked on the link. His screen then went into a seizure-inducing flashing pattern of black and white, a strange staticy and whining noise replaced the music pumping out of his speakers, and he was gone.

Luka took a deep breath. He knew his brother was lying on his bed behind him, ready to beat him if he didn't click that link. It was just a computer link, right? The worst that could happen was that he could get a virus... And lose the novel he was working on...

Still, there was something odd about this link. Something felt wrong about it. It was an odd feeling to get about an internet link.

"Just hit the freakin' link, Luka! Don't be such a baby." His brother bellowed from behind him. Looks like that was it then. Slowly, he moved his cursor over to the link and clicked it. His whole body tensed up. expected the worst, but all that happened was the screen started to flicker and fuzz.

Luka let out a sigh of relief. Good.. It looked like all it would do was shut off his computer. But then something else happened. A perfectly clear reflection of himself appeared in the screen. Then, in a split second, Luka had disappeared from the room.

Veil looked down at his 'Blackberry' and sighed. Yet another piece of pointless spam mail. Still, it would be impolite not to read it, and so he opened the mail. It seemed rather odd, emptier that other emails. He raised and eyebrow as he clicked the link.
Nothing. Nothing happened at all.

He began to mutter to himself. So much build up, so much tension and yet... Nothing? It was definitely an anticlimax of, well, climactic proportions and just as he began to fume...

He poofed.

As the computer then shut down, James had disappeared to... Somewhere. This will be explained later in the story, my dear listeners. Just stick around.
---------------

James had been dropped, the force that took him here disappearing. He was taken from a busy city house to a lush forest of rich soil, lush grass, and towering trees. This place could've been home to a giant, without ever being seen, if such a creature had existed.

But the question still stood- Where was he? Fresh air such as this was a new experience compared to the smell of gas and other chemicals from his home.

Nevertheless, James enjoyed it for a few seconds. After those few seconds, he panicked. But, who wouldn't, being pulled from a computer to this place. It could've been another world for all he knew!

But he didn't know how right he was.

Out of the corner of his eye, James noticed a creature stumbling out from a bush. It was a small creature, with a cream and brown zigzag pattern, and beady eyes. It looked much like... A Zigzagoon?

But those only existed in games! At least in his world, that is.

Could James have been pulled from his home to a world of Pokemon? James was always a fan, but not enough to imagine them in real life. Could this have been a hallucination?

"Nyaaaaaaaah!!!" Rikku shouted in surprise, but not very loudly, as something with wriggly feet climbed on her neck. She had opened her eyes to see something new, a different area, a forest of some sort with a city bordering, and then all of a sudden things were dropping onto her head! Quickly reaching behind to her see what the creature was she found it wasn't the normal size of a bug, but somewhat heavier. Pulling it in front of her face she saw the same face of something that often came up in games, Pokemon games. It was a little Caterpie.

"Ca...?" It said as it eyed her with curiousity. Wha...? What what what?!!

"A...pokemon?!" She said aloud hoping no one had heard her scream, she was actually quite fond of the little creature, as long as it would never crawl on her neck again. Please tell me I'm dreaming! Please please please! She thought when another thing popped into her head, Whoever sent me that e-mail, I will get them back...

Last edited:
Lilijana stood up, as she had just woken up from lying on the ground. Where she had once seen a computer screen, she now saw only dirt and trees and grass.

Oh God. Did she accidently do something? Was she dead? Dear Jesus. She was dead, dead! No, she couldn't be. If she was she would be in a place filled with clouds and wings and halos and all that heavenly shit. But then again, who really knew what happened when you died?

Remember what you were doing, Lili. You were on the computer, checking your e-mail... and then this happened. She didn't know what the hell happened. She knew, for a fact, however, that she missed her mom immediatly. And her cats. Where were they?

Then something wandered out of from behind a nearby tree. A white pony - ooh, she loved ponies - with a red and yellow mane. Wait, no. That wasn't a mane. It was motherfracking fire. Oh shit! That pony was on fire! She ran over to it, to see if it was alright.

"Taa!" The thing screeched, before taking off back into the woods. Lilijana stood there, staring at the place where it had once been. A few second later, another pony had stepped out. No, a horse. No, a unicorn.

She had come across the answer. She had been watching way to much My Little Pony. She loved that show, and watched it religiously. That was the reason why she was here. She had obviously fell asleep in front of the computer. But that fact didn't stop the flaming unicorn from charging at her.

"Somebody help me!" She screamed, loud enough to be heard by others, before closing her eyes and waiting for impact.

As we continue our story, developments will be made, characters will meet, and plot points will be revealed.
------------

"Somebody help me!" A scream shouted through the forest, loud enough (or close enough) for James to hear.

"Who could that be...?" James said out loud. It turned out to be rather close, about twenty yards away from James current location. He ran over to where he heard the voice to see a girl, and a horse that resembled a... A Ponyta.
'There it goes. Either I'm insane or this is real. I'd love if I were insane at the moment.' James thought to himself.

The horse charged at the girl.

"What to do? How do I stop this thing?"

James came across a desperate but effective option. He tackled the girl out of the way, keeping her from getting hit. If it was a Ponyta... It would hurt.

James nearly got stomped in the process, but both were out of the way, safe.

As it would turn out, the horse was coming back for more.

They had to get away, fast.

James looked at the girl. "We need to leave, now."

Last edited:
"Muhh...wha...where...?" Alex mumbled, opening his eyes slowly. He was flat on his back, under a large tree. Scrambling to his feet, he noticed a city nearby and that he was standing in a large forest. He looked around quietly, as if he was in a trance.

"Where am I...?" Alex wondered aloud, before being brought out of his dreamlike state by a small scream. His gaze automatically retracted to a girl with dirty blonde hair that was up in a ponytail. She seemed to be reaching around to grab a...was that a Pokemon? A Caterpie, if he wasn't mistaken.

This is really weird...I've got to be dreaming. That's the only explanation. He thought, walking towards the girl. "Hey! You!"

Marcus woke up very confused. he was lying on the floor of a forest. a cool wind was blowing through the trees, and a few rays of sunshine were poking through the branches.

"What the... where am I?" he thought.

The last he remembered, he'd been in his computer rom. Now, this. At least the weather was nice. Marcus picked himself up off the ground and dusted himself off, looking for a sign of where he might be.

"Maybe... maybe my computer short circuited and knocked me out. And then... someone must of took me here. But if that happened, why would they just dump me here? If someone kidnapped me, and I'm in a forest, I probably should be dead by now. Or at least have a bullet wound in my leg."

As he was thinking, he suddenly felt something pulling his cap, and turned around. A small purple floating thing had tried to grap the hat off of his head. The purple thing gave a small squeal, and then seemingly dissapeared.

Now, Marcus was a normaly level-headed person, but he thought he was going insane.

"That... that was a Misdreavus. A ghost tried to take my hat. Ghosts don't exist. At least, I don't think they do. But POKEMON?! I... I'm dreaming. Or insane."

He kept walking, and noticed a boy standing next to a girl. They both seemed to be mistified by a large green bug which Marcus immediately identified as a Caterpie.

"This is freaky. But, maybe they can help."

Marcus walked up to them, hoping that they could help him.

Lili felt herself be tackled out of the way of the charging unicorn, and when she opened her eyes she saw a young lad in front of her. Subconciously, she asked, "Are you dead, too?"

The Rapidash pawed at the ground, snorting. The tiny Ponyta stood behind it. Lili understood now. She was just trying to protect her baby. But still, the boy was right. They had to get away, as the fiery unicorn seemed very protective.

She turned away and started running, wondering if that was a good idea or not. At the moment, it seemed alright. But she wondered if running would just provoke the animal even more. She remembered when she was younger and she was playing with her horse, how it almost trampled her on Thanksgiving Day. She sprained her leg very bad, she could recall.

Wait a second. Damn ADD. It kept distracting her. There was only one thing that she could think about right now: getting away. She looked at him, and then said, "Where are we? What happened here?" Then, she realized she was being rude.

"I'm Lilijana," she told him, after she was farther away from the angry mother and her baby. It seemed the Rapidash had given up and trotted away, its child galloping behind her.

Last edited:
This was rather different.

Ree awoke face-down on a solid patch of dark, rich soil. It tasted like a sweet berry. Strawberry, perhaps? Wait a second...

Since when has he had a strawberry? Never. How odd. He'd have to try one later; there were always some in the fridge.

He snapped back to reality. He wasn't at home anymore. Maybe he was just having a bad, fever-induced dream...

Ree swiftly sat up, only to find a dense forest around him. And a butterfly.

But wait, butterflies aren't three feet tall. He then recognized it as a Butterfree.

He was in the Pokemon world.

"My bame is James. To answer your question, I'm just as confused as you are. And don't even ask me how I got here, because I don't know. The only things that happened before that was an email... I pressed a link... And I woke up here." James explained. "Now it's time for some questions from me. Gave you ever heard of Pokèmon? What we encountered back there seemed to be a Ponyta and Rapidash, two Pokèmon. Normally, this would be impossible, but... I don't know what to think at this point." He concluded.

Well, he was helpful. Wait, Lili. Remember, you can't be rude.

"I was reading an e-mail, too! What was the topic of yours?" She asked, but then had to answer his questions.

"I love Pokemon! I play it all the time! I'm doing extra chores to get some money to by Black-!" Wait, Lili. You're getting off topic.

"I mean, yes, I know about Pokemon. And you're right, they did look an awful lot like a Ponyta and Rapi...da..." Dear God. He was right. They somehow were in the Pokemon world.

"Maybe I'm just dreaming. My mom will wake me up soon and make me get into my pajamas and sleep in bed. I will go to school tomorrow night. Or I'm in a coma. A coma induced fantasy world. Did you know that there's actually a theory that Pokemon was Ash's coma induced fantasy world? Maybe it's like that, but for me. Damn, I dream weird things. I have been obsessed with finding out the truth behind comas lately..."

Dammit, Lilijana Marie. Get back on the subject at hand!

"The header... It said 'The Games'. I'm assuming that's yours? If that link had anything to do with it, it would theoretically be impossible for this to happen..." James said.
"I'm wondering if this is a dream... I can't even tell what's real at this point."

"The header said the same thing for me. At least, I think it did. I can't really remember. I din't pay much attention to it." Lili turned to him, again.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get your name. Mine's Lilijana," she repeated. She held out her hand.

Back
Top Bottom