• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

4:17
(Flare) Quilava, Lv. 14
Onix, Lv. 9
Hoothoot, Lv. 10
(Malevolent) Gastly, Lv. 10
Zubat, Lv.... 8? He's in my Pokewalker which I created a pendulum and strapped the Pokewalker to it. I'm a cheater.
Egg.
Just beat Falkner... I got some serious training to do. <.<

Currently grinding a bit for Chuck.
Time: 11:55
[Everest] Nidoking, Lv. 26
[McKinley] Golbat, Lv. 29
[Elbrus] Croconaw, Lv. 27
[Feldberg] Sudowoodo, Lv. 26
[HM Slave] Sandshrew Lv. 7

Not sure of what I'll use as my sixth. Probably some sort of Fire type.

Right now, buffing up a bit before Whitney and trying to evolve Metooth and Parrapa. x3; Oh yeah, and I caught two Ditto. One was because I had to have two Pokemon to drop off the others in the Daycare.

My party right now:
Pele, my female Cyndaquil, Lv22 because it's too cute to evolve.
Tesla, my female Flaaffy, Lv23. She found me a Flower Stage the other day.
Solanum, my female Weepinbell, Lv21. She really needs a better move than Vine Whip.
Angia, my female Sudowoodo, Lv21. Named after Angiosperms (a.k.a Flowering Plants b/c I'm a nerd.)
Charlene, my female Meowth, Lv16. Buffing her up to the rest of the team's level.
Syari, my female Scyther, Lv13. Debating whether to keep her or swap her out for something that can learn Surf (which I still haven't caught.)
Currently, I'm trying to get the whole team up to Lv25 before I face Morty. But all the idiots who have my phone number keep dragging me out to give me useless berries.

I must say, the berry pot is a very useful item. I used to not want to farm berries as much because I didn't want to have to stop what I was doing at times just to fly elsewhere and water them. This makes it a whole lot easier, and I think I could see myself farming berries more.

And just because I never mentioned it before, I'd also like to say that I think the touch screen is implemented a lot more usefully in this game. The Poketch always felt like it was made in that awful "hey look a touch screen, let's load the game with gimmicks!" mindset. Though I admit I'm going to miss the counter app if I ever try to seriously EV train in this game.

So before facing Morty, I'm going to try to get my Eevee to evolve. Soothe Bell, haircuts, Pokewalker, all that cool stuff. Current team:

QUILAVA lv. 22
"Calcifer" | Timid nature | Male

WEEPINBELL lv. 23
"Raja" | Modest nature | Male

POLIWHIRL lv. 25
"Oolong" | Timid nature | Female

SCYTHER lv. 21
"Iris" | Brave nature | Female

EEVEE lv. 9
"Orpheus" | Sassy nature | Male

Alright, I just beat Pryce and Jasmine. In that order. I didn't even realize I did that out of order until after I went to challenge Jasmine.

Anyways, off to go destroy the Rockets. My team, since I don't believe I properly posted it before:

Feraligatr(Toto) lv32
Crobat lv25
Furret lv24
Gyarados(Sparkledra) lv30
Togetic(Togesome!) lv27
Magmar lv26

I also will occasionally swap them out for Geodude, Jumpluff, or either of my Pichu(like what I did against Pryce, for example). Magmar was going to be used just for Pryce, but I figured having a Fire type on my team would be more useful than Geodude...so yeah.

I need to teach an Electric type move or something to one of my Pokemon though.

Had lots of fun with the PokeWalker today. Before school, got 1000+ steps by tricking it, and a Machop. After school, thanks to walking to and from school AND tricking it, I managed to get 2 Psyduck and a Sunkern, along with a few items.

EDIT: Just got a Murkrow from the PokeWalker and must say that I am very excited.

Last edited:
I just defeated Pewter City gym with a Level 50 team of Typhlosion, Ampharos, Golem, Quagsire, Noctowl, and Lugia. Of course, I've had the Japanese version since January, so that's not very surprising.

Woohoo, Metooth is now a Feraligatr~ <3 Now to train Parrapa until he's level 28. x3 Then it's on to Whitney!

--

160.png

Nickname: Metooth
Species: Feraligatr
Level: 30
Moveset:
-Ice Fang
-Crunch
-Water Gun
-Cut

Spr_4h_175.png

Nickname: Parrapa
Species: Togepi
Level: 23
Moveset:
-Yawn
-Encore
-Extrasensory
-Metronome

Got rid of Team Rocket about 30 minutes ago. Alas, I won't get to see Petrel again...

So...when do we get to do the Kimono Girl/legendary Pokemon event? Is it before or after Blackthorn?

My Magmar is becoming quite the powerhouse. He almost single-handedly took out ???'s team, with a little help from my Potions and stuff.

Hey, Hey! Why so Serious?

Ah, I just love ???. Too bad the Joker quote was probably unintentional.

^ It's after Blackthorn. It's required to be before you can go to Kanto. Speaking of whiich:

Currently at the E4 with a severely underleved team. My three strongest Pokemon are at levels 54, 45, and 30 respectively with the others being level 25 and under. It sucks that I can't fly back to Johto from my current location. I should've trained earlier.

^ It's after Blackthorn. It's required to be before you can go to Kanto. Speaking of whiich:

Currently at the E4 with a severely underleved team. My three strongest Pokemon are at levels 54, 45, and 30 respectively with the others being level 25 and under. It sucks that I can't fly back to Johto from my current location. I should've trained earlier.

Is the dude with the Abra still in the E4? If so, he can teleport you back to New Bark Town, I believe.

Anyways, went from Olivine to Cianwood, beat Chuck, healed Amphy, got to the Safari Zone, captured a Misdreavus, and now I am doing all sorts of odds and ends with Surf before I head off to kick Jasmine's butt.

Misdreavus Lv. 20 (F) (Training time with Misdreavus :D)
Quilava Lv. 28 (F) (She's going to get her ass kicked at Jasmine, I just know it ^^;;;)
Slowpoke Lv. 31 (F) (Taking so long to get to level 37 for it to evolve ><)
Weepinbell Lv. 31 (F) (Once she learns Razor Leaf, I'm evolving her to VICTREEBEL WOOHOO!!)
Kenya (Fearow) Lv. 33 (F) (Just...awesome :) )

To do List:
-Finish the Surfable areas (The three sisters that give you soft sand, head to Slowpoke's well, get any other items where Surf is needed)
-Defeat Jasmine (I'm going to neglect Misdreavus and focus on Quilava for a while. I'm scared that I'm going to lose to her. Badly.
-Head off to Mahogany to start (and hopefully finish) training Misdreavus.
-(Maybe?) Catch the Red Gyarados

Future Team Changes
-Found an Old Amber at Ruins of Alph and decided that, as soon as I can, I'm going to get an Aerodactyl to replace Kenya with.
-Evolve Misdreavus (duhhh)
-Might switch out Quilava for another fire type much much later. Probably not, but bad defenses are getting on my nerves. Right now I'm thinking Camerupt would be a good option, but I'm not certain yet.

Since I have gotten pretty far in the game, I'd like to take a moment and say what I like so far about it.

1. Pokemon Following You - This is cool because it just is. I wasn't too excited for it before the game was released, but now that I have it I think it is pretty kick ass. Plus Misdreavus looks adorable following me. :D
2. Pokewalker - I was skeptical at first, but now I take it back. It's actually fun to use and abuse, but I personally like walking to charge it up more than abusing it. Plus it's easier to catch some Pokemon with it. The only problem is that I don't know where to get the batteries for it, for when the battery dies.
3. Touch Screen Controls - It's just cool to see that there's finally more use of the touch screen that the Poketch
4. Graphics - Just awesome and make Johto look fantastic.
5. Music - Anyone who's listened to any of the songs in the game knows what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
What do you mean "struggle your way back"? The man with the abra is in the same building as the E4. You're either moving forward toward it or you can't move back unless you lose, but I wouldn't think there's any struggling involved.

Yay.

Magby, Lv. 10
(Voltage), Mareep, Lv. 11
(Flare), Quilava, Lv. 15
Zubat, Lv. 9
(Malevolent), Gastly, Lv. 11

... I still need more training...

5:17

I've got Five levels altogether on the Pokewalker today. I took a three mile walk today, got three levels for my Zubat, (Send it to the DS after 35-50 Watts, then send it back, it can only get 1 level on a walk otherwise), then attached it to my home-made pendulum-thing and got Zubat another level, then got Quilava a level on a walk. Over 40 watta from my pendulum. Yay.

What do you mean "struggle your way back"? The man with the abra is in the same building as the E4. You're either moving forward toward it or you can't move back unless you lose, but I wouldn't think there's any struggling involved.

Struggle my way back from New Bark Town back to the E4 building.

Bwuh still behind most of you freaks. I did see Entei just now tho. Almost got him in a Fast Ball.

[Caesar] Bayleef (M) @ Miracle Seed
Lv23 / Overgrow
-Synthesis
-Reflect
-Razor Leaf
-Magical Leaf

[Gobstopper] Flaafy (F)
Lv22 / Static
-Tackle
-Cotton Spore
-Thundershock
-Thunderwave

[Pudding] Raticate (F) @ Shell Bell
Lv25 / Guts
-Crunch
-Hyper Fang
-Quick Attack
-Bite

[Pancake] Dunsparce (F) @ Silk Scarf
Lv25 / Serene Grace
-Pursuit
-Headbutt
-Yawn
-Glare

[Cid] Nidorino (M)
Lv25 / Poison Point
-Leer
-Horn Attack
-Poison Sting
-Double Kick

[Dumpling] Espeon (F) @ Sooth Bell
Lv22 / Synchronize
-Sand Attack
-Tackle
-Confusion
-Quick Attack

Pudding took down Morty single-handedly :3 Raticate is sooo coool. Training to face the lighthouse now.

Back
Top Bottom