• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Hotel of Mystery

Ambipom

Stangers are just friends you've never met~
Please excuse the crappy title, I'm not good at names. Or titles or whatever.

You are one of the greatest trainers on the planet. You are one of few to have beaten the Champion in every region. You treat your Pokemon with true respect. You're invited to exclusive parties for the very best of trainers, have almost caught them all, and you even have your own Wikipedia article.

One day you recieve an invitation to a new hotel. Several other well known people are supposed to be there, so you gladly accept, bringing your Pokemon. The hotel gets more and more suspicious by the day, with murder, vanishings, and a large amount of other crimes. Can you, 7 others, and your Pokemon figure out the mystery of this hotel?

RULES:
No godmoding.
Limit the swearing please.
You should probably have more than one Pokemon, and they should all be final form, unless you state you're training a new Pokemon. THe only legends allowed are the Regi TRIO (not Regigigas) and you can only have one Regi. Phew.
One character only.
Have fun! ^^

FORM:
Name:
Personality: (can be PO'd)
Appearance:
Pokemon 1: Include species and info plz
Pokemon 2:
Pokemon 3:
Pokemon 4:
Pokemon 5:
Pokemon 6:

Slots:
1. Ambipom (form coming soon)
2. Kai
3. Evoli
4. Male Gardevior
5. Kali the Flygon
6. RandomTyphoon
7. Mewtwo
8. Charizard Morph

Last edited:
Can I ask something? How well exactly has this RP been planned out? I'm interested in it and am considering joining, but I'd like to know if there's a plot and maybe a backstory to it first.

Name: Royal "Tentacruel Head" McCraig

History: Royal grew up in Vermillion Town, with nothing spectacular happening to him or his family except one thing. Royal was out swimming when he was seven and began diving, just to find himself eye to eye with a giant Tentacruel, which merely gazed back at him, even if it could eat him without trying. It eventually turned around and disappeared into the deep ocean. This experience left a huge mark on Royal, and was what got him into training Pokémon. Ironically, he does not have a Tentacruel. He moved to Sinnoh when he was ten and began training in the Jubilife City.

Personality: Royal is a person who is hard to describe. He is usually optimistic, but still seeming cold hearted. He tends to be very sarcastic, and jokes around a lot.

Appearance: When one looks at Royal, you understand why he have the nickname "Tentacruel Head". His hair is beige, goes all the way down to his waist, and styled into dreadlocks which ends with a "drop" of hair in each lock. He is actually myopic, and uses a pair of coloured lenses to fix this, the lenses change the colour of his iris to black, making them more reminiscent of the eyes of a Tentacruel. He carries a blue fisher hat, along with a black T-shirt, black short-trousers and a pair of sandals.

Pokemon 1: Lucario
Nickname: Kumatora
Info: Kumatora was Royal's first Pokémon, raised from birth. She's quite hasty, rushing into things and not giving others time to move if she's very stressed, throwing them out of the way. She's nice one occasion thought, especially against the little crybaby of the team, Lucas.

Pokemon 2: Electivire
Nickname: Duster
Info: Royal caught Duster at Sunnyshore City, where he was causing ruckus, stealing from stalls and such. Royal quickly noticed how Duster was limbing on his left leg, and decided to train Duster more in overpowering and tricking the opponent. He doesn't look special, but is quite brave, standing up to enemies he know they have a better change of winning. He also seems to like Kumatora, and is the oldest Pokémon in the team.

Pokemon 3: Espeon
Nickname: Lucas
Info: The second Pokémon Royal raised from birth, the first being Kumatora. Lucas is quite timid, preferring to run away, but battles very good if he's determined to. he can be a bit of a crybaby from time to time, but is often cheered up by Kumatora and Duster. He's the youngest of the Team.

Other: No, my Pokémon is not based on the main characters from MOTHER 3, it is merely a coincidence.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, here's a form, sorry if anything isn't properly filled out, i'll fix it if it isn't.

Name: Anna

History: X

Personality: She is strong willed and stubborn, she likes to stick her nose where it usually doesn't belong and gets into trouble. She usually goes with her instincts, and doesn't think before acting. She cares deeply for all of her Pokemon, and usually recalls them before they feint.

Appearance: Anna has black hair and green eyes, she is about 5'8". She always wears blue jeans, a green t-shirt and a plain gray zip up jacket. She has the typical pokemon belt and backpack for items.

Pokemon 1: Charizard, Female, LV 87

Pokemon 2: Flygon, Male, LV 84

Pokemon 3: Luxray, Male, LV 81

Pokemon 4: Espeon, Female, LV 79

Pokemon 5: Absol, Female, LV 78 (Is it okay if she’s shiny?)

Pokemon 6: Kabutops, Male, LV 74

Name: Mysti Endris
History: X
Personality: (can be PO'd)
Appearance: Mysti has blonde, curly hair, and wears a casual white T-shirt with pink sleeves. Her pants are almost always jeans. She also wears a butterfly clip in her hair and a heart necklace.
Pokemon 1: Shadowflare (F) Ninetales
Shadowflare is black with a red mane, headfluffthing and tail tip.

Pokemon 2: Lucky (M) Lucario
Lucky is albino; all blue and yellow fur is white, and has red eyes.

Pokemon 3: Moonlight (F) Umbreon
Shiny, with lavender eyes.

Pokemon 4: Steel Wing (M) Charizard
Steel Wing's fire is black, both his tail fire and the fire he breathes.

Pokemon 5: Skipper (F) Mudkip
Mysti just hatched ths egg she got from her mom, who has a Swampert. She is now training it.

Pokemon 6:

Name: Andrea Hawley
History: She's originally from Kanto, and has since moved to Ecruteak City of Johto after becoming an Ultimate Champion, as she calls it. Otherwise, no thanks. >>
Personality: Rebellious and rather blunt. She doesn't sugarcoat what she says and isn't afraid to speak her mind. This can easily get her in trouble, but also out some bad situations as well. She is fiercely independent and rarely asks for help with anything, even when she's in the worst of situations. She seems to like freaking people out to see their reactions.
Appearance: She has bright red hair (which she has in a braid 24/7) and blue-green eyes. She's tall and skinny (Referring to herself as "a shrimp") and very pale. Andrea loves wearing different crazy-colored ponchos and skirts, or occasionally jeans. She always has on a necklace with a class ring, (Her mother's) a plastic foot, and a gold cross on it. Underneath her hoodie or ponch she likes wearing a black tee-shirt with a snarling Mightyena on it or other similar shirts, just to surprise people. Her nails are close to an inch long, and filed to points with peacock-green nail polish.
Pokemon 1: Katniss. Female Togekiss. The youngest and most inexperienced, she is rather high maintenance and needs to be babied to be happy.
Pokemon 2:Scout. Female Jolteon. Brave and energetic. Mikau's mate. She was blinded in a fight a year ago, but she is pretty much used to it, able to sense other people and Pokemon by faint electric signals they give off.
Pokemon 3: Sapphire. Female Charizard. (Starter) Calm and collected. The oldest, and Andrea's starter.
Pokemon 4: Midna. Female Weavile. The trickster. Loves fighting and getting into trouble.
Pokemon 5: Mikau. Male Vaporeon. Easily frightened, but loyal. Scout's mate.
Pokemon 6: Impa. Female Roserade. Rather violent and easily angered, but a good friend and fighter when treated well.

Last edited:
Ah, shiz. If I'm gonna join this I need to do it now.

Name: Kai
History: Puzzlingly, Kai became a famous trainer out of nowhere. He started off by storming through the Hoenn league, and working his way through each and every one of the champions. What he really looks for is the ultimate battle, one in which he will be defeated. Kai is constantly on the move, travelling from place to place, but does have a home in Lilycove City.
Personality: PO
Appearance: http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/album.php?albumid=257&pictureid=2347
Pokemon 1: Lunos, Umbreon, Kai's starter and loyal friend.
Pokemon 2: Kinos, Breloom, Kai's physical attacker and battle mad member of the team.
Pokemon 3: Dr. Chi, Alakazam, Kai's special attacker and the strategist of the team.
Pokemon 4: Karin, Milotic, Kai's seafaring Pokey and the only female of the team.
Pokemon 5: Aeiros, Aerodactyl, Kai's flying Pokey and the hasty member of the team.

Last edited:
@RandomTyphoon: Sure

Edit: MY FORM :D
Name: Eric
History: Eric was born in raised in Hoenn, on Route 101 is where he spent most of his days... Blah blah blah went to Sinnoh then Johto then finally Kanto
Personality: PO'd
Appearance: Eric is kind of a scrawny guy, with almost no muscle. He's a bit small for his age, has brown hair and eyes, and likes to wear blue shirts.
Pokemon 1: Blaziken, his starter. Blaziken is strong willed and loves to train.
Pokemon 2: Gliscor, caught on route 207 in Sinnoh. Gliscor will fight whenever the chance comes up and is ruthless, pummeling the opponent long after defeat.
Pokemon 3: Ambipom. Ambipom was also caught in Sinnoh after being found in a tree. Ambipom is very goofy and would rather make people laugh than fight. Despite this, he is a good fighter.
Pokemon 4: Crobat. Crobat was caught in a Zubat n Johto, on Mt. Mortar. Crobat likes to be left alone silently.
Pokemon 5: Smeargle. Smeargle was given to him as a gift in Kanto, after beating the Elite Four. Smeargle loves to draw, and incoporates that into his moves.
Pokemon 6: Armaldo. Armaldo was found as a fossil and restored in Kanto. Armaldo is strong willed, but also sensible, and is very strategic.

Also I forgot to mention you can have Pokemon in your box to call on, but these cannot stay with you after you use it in a battle/to solve a puzzle/ect

Last edited:
Fankjoo.

Name:Nessarose "Melee" Morri

History:Fill in later? This computer crashes. A lot.

Personality:Nessarose is quite klutzy and free-minded. She daydreams a lot, and always has a lost look on her face. However when it comes to battling, she is in utmost concentration. She prefers to be alone sometimes, and anlyzes everything.She is capable of being snarky, and is quite a bit of a tomboy.

Appearance:Nessarose has dark,unruly black hair that falls an inch or so past her scrawny shoulders, and is olive-skinned with green eyes that seem icy blue in some aspects of light. She wears an indigo jacket with white streaks that reseblems shooting stars on the sleeves and back over a black T-shirt with a graphic of an snowy blue Articuno shadow, and dark green pants that reach the knees. Nessa likes to wear this bloodred beaded necklace, which she believes is lucky.

Pokemon 1:Sinclair:Houndoom Male
Sinclair was found by Nessa's as a lonesome Houndour in the pound, back when Nessarose was about 6. He was a family pet for a while, until Nessarose was old enough to become a trainer. Rather then choose a starter, she ventured off with Sinclair.
He is one of the calmest of the group, and very protective of Nessa, almost like a father in some sort of way.

Pokemon 2:Beacon Raichu Male
Beacon was the first Pokemon Nessa actually caught, as a small Pichu. Beacon is the misantrope of the group, rarely showing any emotion that isn't anger and frustration. He doesn't trust anyone all that much outside of the team, although he does harbor feelings towards Kari.

Pokemon 3:Kari
nwbpz4.png
Female
On a trip to Pinkin Island, Nessarose found a pink Riolu that was released by its trainer. She adopted her. Kari was always a timid individual, very shy and wary of people. She can be a little stubborn sometimes, but is usually cooperative. She harbours feelings towards Beacon.

Pokemon 4:Acacid Leafeon Female
Acacid was a gift in a competition in the Sinnoh region. As an Eevee, she trained a lot until they moved on to Moss Rock. Acacid is a bubbly, slightly naive Pokemon and likes the speed of battling.

Pokemon 5: Nala Noctowl Female
Nala was a new Pokemon caught by Nessa when she roamed Jotho going back home. Nala is a fiesty one, and as a trainer, Nessa couldn't resist such an oppourtunity. She just wants to have fun with battles and contests.

Pokemon 6: Cleeve Slowking Male
Cleeve was traded by another trainer for a Nidorina Nessarose caught in the beginning of her journey. He was holding King's Rock in his mouth without the trainer knowing and evolved on the spot. He loves to put things in his mouth, and makes squalling sounds instead of the usual Pokemon cry.
(If allowed, the trading thing.)

Last edited:
Uggh... I'm sorry it's taking so long. Let me post what I have so far, and show I'm not just slacking off. I'll finish as soon as I can, and before I post my initial post. You don't have to wait for me to start.

My form

Name: Felipe Avarez
History: While Felipe is a strong trainer, it's his coordinator skills that he's most well-known for. He began actively training when he was 10 years old, though before then, his Pokémon were family pets. It wasn't until he one day attended a Pokémon Contest that he really discovered his calling. At age 11, he began to travel to different events, particularly contests, to show off his (then) Vibrava and Milotic. Since then, he's also done something very few trainers have managed... He's taught both his Pokemon how to talk and sing in the human language
Personality: Felipe is charming and quite social. He loves to be the center of attention, and enjoys interacting with Pokémon as well. He loves singing and dancing, and overall just having a good time. He has a relaxed disposition, but can become quite competitive during a serious contest or battle.
Appearance: Felipe is about 5'7", with tannish skin, brown eyes, and shoulder length, slightly curly hair. He has thick, alluring eyebrows and distinct, though not ripped, muscle tone.

Pokémon

Flygon ♀ Anila: Anila is a bright-green Flygon, almost 7 feet tall and 14 feet long. She was Felipe's first Pokémon, and in fact was given to him as a family pet well before he became a trainer. Felipe was 5 years old when he recieved a strange Pokémon egg from his uncle for his birthday. A couple weeks later, the egg hatched into a Trapinch. Felipe immediately fell in love with his new pet, and cared for her as much as he could, feeding her, playing with her, bathing her, even keeping her with him when he slept. The two seemed inseparable, Anila sometimes even sneaking into his backpack during school and letting Felipe show her off to his friends. When Felipe was 10 years old, and Anila was 5, the Trapinch finally evolved into Vibrava. 3 years ago, she finally fully evolved to Flygon. She's very talkative, and plays her wings like a violin, creating music from the air passing through them.

Milotic ♂ Avandala: Also a family pet, Avandala was confined to a small aquarium for several years before Felipe officially became a trainer. For over a year afterward, he remained as a pitiful runt of a Feebas, and was nearly eaten countless times by an often curious Trapinch Anila, and later also by a dominating Vibrava. But during this time, Felipe managed to protect and coddle him and eventually the hard work paid off. Avandala finally did evolve to Milotic... and immediately proceeded to wrap and squeeze around the then Vibrava Anila. Felipe did break the two up before any permanent damage was done then. Avandala has always been a rival with Anila for Felipe's attention, and while the rivalry had been bitter at times, the two do share a mutual respect for each other, and deep down, a friendship. Avandala is a little under 24 feet long, with a pristine beauty unmatched by many. He's very smart and enjoys singing.

Last edited:
Okay, good, I was getting a bit worried about your form. I don't want to start without anyone, so please hurry!!

Back
Top Bottom