• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Kandia Region

Guess what guys.
She can make them as morbid as she wants to make them!
They can be as threatening as she wants!
No one but you even cares about them being non-threatening or not!

*twitch* Alright. Time for my bit here.

STOP WITH THE BLOODY BICKERING AND JUST ADMIRE THE ART WORK.

Also. A note. The "Blood stains" Are fur markings. Take a look at Masquerain . It has a design to scare off predictors, or do you really think that it has two large eyes and a mouth with fangs, because it look like a bug using it's marking to look like something else. Nature does this, it helps him either draw people toward them or scare them away. There. Is. No. Blood. It's just red fur markings to look like blood. Now drop it.

God, you are all acting like babies. Grow up or just stop posting in here. and no, I don't want to start a bloody debate here with any of you whiners on how you are right. This isn't the place nor time for that.

Now with shut up and go along with it, or shut up and leave. Your choice.

Pokemon has plenty of latent violence and gore as is; why can't you just tap into that?

I don't mind if you want to make your fakemon all "dark", but there are better ways to go about doing so then making them look so morbid.

Because we want to make them all morbid and we don't want to tap into Pokemon as it is. What is so hard to understand?

When did I say I couldn't handle these fakes? They're surprisingly... un-scary.

Anyway, these guys look pretty cool. Vulpce doesn't seem like much of an ice-type, but it's still pretty cool.

what these are morbid and scary? not...not really, no :v I guess it might have to do that I know at least a little of backstory behind, say, tally and stuff, but the designs are just grittier. I've seen worse, imo and I personally this translates pretty well.

But eh. I'm really liking them ice-types here :3 Specifically Vulpce.

I think Blastoise and Kammington handled the fakemons looking dark thing for me basically, so I will leave most of it alone, but a few things.

1. If they are markings, they look awfully morbid, and look like something bit off it's tail. Then once they get the tail, The tail also has the markings, thinking that they got it off another of their kind, which makes me think something bit their tail off in the first place.

2.L'il Dwagie, you say you want morbid so much, look at your signature, it's full of pokemon one would consider cute, so wtf?

3. Why would blood stain looking markings scare off predators. If anything, it would make me think it's weak.

4. Why leave if you keep responding? You keep thinking better points and then I (or anyone else arguing) think of good points and we use them against each other. Each side wants to prove themselves right. Why leave until you do?

Oh and the ice types look nice. It was a great idea to match up fighting and ice for a fakemon. You don't see that very often. Nice pokedex entry for Vulpce. Not too morbid, just right.

So are there intermediate steps between Vulpce's coloration or is there like a line where they are all suddenly white/brown? A landmark, like Mt. Cornet? Or is it just a mostly seasonal thing, like with real arctic foxes?

So are there intermediate steps between Vulpce's coloration or is there like a line where they are all suddenly white/brown? A landmark, like Mt. Cornet? Or is it just a mostly seasonal thing, like with real arctic foxes?

Its a landmark. Tundra for mostly white version and plains for mostly brown version. I would like to see a map of this region. :D

NOW THAT I THINK OF IT there's one major design flaw with Tally.

Think about it. If you were a hungry Ursaring, and you ran into a little stray cat with no tail and blood all over its rear end... that wouldn't scare you off. If anything, it would make you think that he was weakened and thus an easy target. It just doesn't seem like intelligent design.

It looks cute otherwise, but...

(inb4 brandman gets ripped to shreds)

Embgr2.png

Look at that hellcat.

It took me 3 tries to sprite.

And it was difficult >:[.

Coalgar next! :D

Bakun have I told you how much I love you today. Because it's a lot 8D

(also dear people arguing about the supposed 'morbidity' of the Tally line (read: Kam and brandwhatever) ; gtfo my thread and argue somewhere else or shut your damn faces, I'm rather sick of you people tbh. You're taking up valuable post space. And no-one ever said that the markings were to fight off predators. ffs why are you being so difficult?)

ETA: oh yeah @Blastoise: It's kinda like Shellos for Vulpce, where you encounter it determines the colouring. I'll point it out when I do the map.

Last edited:
You havent, thank you :,D

(you changed your avvie ;_;)

Also, I will totally call the Coaul line for hellcats now. Because they are.

NARWHAL POKEMON YES. <333

It looks adorable. I want one. And the legendaries look... awe-inspiring. Really. x3 I like it actually, since something with that much power should occasionally be able to make you run screaming just from a look. And the tailypo legend is creepy and cool. Seeing as you used it elsewhere, I'm not surprised you made a Pokemon based on it. And... yeah. x3

FUCK YES

FUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK YEEEESSSSS

If you went to school with me you'd know why I am spazzing out like this x3

GIMMMME GIMMMME

Back
Top Bottom