• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Legend of Zelda

Oh, I love The Legend of Zelda! I've only beaten Twilight Princess, though. :sweatdrop:
My favorite is between TP and Oracle of Ages.
I'd borrowed Majora's Mask from my cousin, but when I set up the N64 and got it started it just said I needed to download an expansion pack. D: Now I just have to wait for it to come out on VC...

I can't wait for that either.

But according to one person in my school N64 games on the VC are really slow and mess up the Wii's memory is there any truth in this? If it's not true then I'm defiantly downloading Majora's Mask if it's released there (WHEN it's released, because they MUST)

Too bad whenever I check there aren't any Wii points for sale

A friend of mine also said VC games take a lot of Wii's memory, and some of them have a slight slowdown. I can't say if it is true or not, since I don't own a Wii yet.
I'm thinking about playing through Majora's Mask again.. gotta find my old N64.

I dunno. I hope my dad gets a game. *coughaLttPcough*

On a random note...Murkow, I love your sig.

Reminds me of
when Zelda got possessed by Ganon. I don't know why it does. ANYWAY, random moment:

Mom: *looks at possessed Zeldy* ...Is her skin BLUE?!?
Me: *tries to cover laughter*

Last edited:
Can I just make sure of something? The difference between Ganon and Ganondorf. It's that Ganon is the pig creature and Ganondorf is the human form, right?

I can't wait for that either.

But according to one person in my school N64 games on the VC are really slow and mess up the Wii's memory is there any truth in this? If it's not true then I'm defiantly downloading Majora's Mask if it's released there (WHEN it's released, because they MUST)

Too bad whenever I check there aren't any Wii points for sale
I have two N64 games on the Wii, and they don't seem to change the memory. Maybe I'm just missing something. They run just fine on the Wii.

Can I just make sure of something? The difference between Ganon and Ganondorf. It's that Ganon is the pig creature and Ganondorf is the human form, right?
Pig monster is always called Ganon, but in the games human form is called both interchangeably.

Although the way you describe is the way I mainly call them.

I have two N64 games on the Wii, and they don't seem to change the memory. Maybe I'm just missing something. They run just fine on the Wii.
OK thanks.

On a random note...Murkow, I love your sig.
zelda-1.png

Look Murkrow! Flora likes our sig!

Zelda in my sig is realizing that one of her ancestors is above her.

Last edited:
Littlie Zelda is pretty.

Oh, and Ganon is God/pig thing, GanondorkGanondorf is man.

... :D?

I think that smile got a chin now...

I've decided when I get some money, I'm gonna order an N64 from eBay. Meaning I can get OoT and MM. *is so happy lol*

OoT and MM...*Shivers* I was never able to get past Bongo-bongo on OoT or that fish-thing on MM. *Can't remember its name* I play both with the collector's edition on the Wii since I don't have an N64 and wouldn't really need it for anything else.

I've currently been obsessively replaying through Windwaker (I was never able to beat Ganondorf, though. ;;) for the past few days. I'm currently at the Earth Temple. No matter how hard I try, though, I can't get over my extreme fear of sea enemies - especially sharks.

Bongo Bongo strategy: Stun the hands with an arrow, then slash at the body while looking through the Lens of Truth However, the hands will heal after a short time, so be quick!

Gyorg strategy(from Zelda Planet): Gyorg is any fisherman's worst nightmare. It will swim around the central platform and jump out of the water to attack you. Keep yourself on the platform and use your boomerangs and Hero Bow to injure it. When Gyorg faints, immediately change into Mikau and dive into the water and power up your Zora shield before ramming the big fish. Once Gyorg regains conscious, swim for the platform and repeat this process. When the creature it is nearly dead, Gyorg will blow small versions of itself if you're in the water. These piranhas can disposed of easily with the Zora Shield, but keep an eye on your magic limit.

Also if you do the biggoron sword side quest and then fight Bongo Bongo it's much, much easier. Is took me maybe a minute and a half to beat it. I know that this is true about all enemies, but it doesn't make much of a difference with mist enemies as one less slash against keese or stalfos is nothing compared to cutting an entire boss battle's length by half.

I was never able to complete the Biggoron Sword side quest, either. I think I was either stuck at the part where you get the frog or the part just before it. All I can remember was that I needed to cross Hyrule Field and then swim down a river or something.

I know how to beat the bosses, and what I'm supposed to do, but I just can't seem to pull it off. I remember that I couldn't beat Gyorg because I just wasn't quite able to swim back to the platform in time and I was eaten up too many times, but I can't remember why I wasn't able to beat Bongo Bongo. What I do know is that, whatever it was, it put me off the game for quite a while - partly because I didn't want to have to go all the way through the scary temple again.

Question, do warps that you create with Farore's Wind (That IS the warp-creating one, right?) remain intact even if you're defeated or leave the temple?

I just finished Twilight Princess, how dare they put four boss battles straight after each other. It took me hours just to go from
Ganon to Ganondorf on Horseback

What was really unfair was that I saved and quit after I beat Puppet Zelda only to find it didn't save that and I had to beat her again. Oh well, at least she's easy to beat.

I don't really like Midna in her true form. I don't know why though.

Well, I didn't have many hearts, I forgot to heal at the beginning to i only had about four left, I had no idea whatsoever how to beat Ganon and I wanted to complete this game without getting any internet help and well, the other battles were as easy as...

... the battle with Ganon in that really bad Phillips CDi game.

Back
Top Bottom