• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Legend of Zelda

He knew what to do, he just couldn't fish.
It took him about an hour to work out you weren't just supposed to pull the rod randomly.

I'm not sure if anyone needs this, but I'll post it anyways.

How to catch a fish with Colin's fishing rod (Wii version):
1. Cast it out
2. Wait for the bobber to go under (note: you won't get any flashy notices)
3. Hold the Wii-mote straight up and the FISH ON! thing should appear.
4. Hold it like that until the fish is officially caught

Don't forget that you need to catch TWO fish to make the cat do something.

In aLttP I'm in the dungeon where you get the hookshot...

I've just gotten the hookshot.

I've been replaying Majora's Mask, just because I thought it was an awesome game.

I'm at one of my two least favorite parts: Great Bay temple. I hate that place and all of its Currents, Frogs, and Giant Fish

Great Bay temple is probably my favourite.
Zora Link is his best form.

EDIT: Boss of the third dark world dungeon is haaaaaaaaaaard.

Last edited:
All I've been doing is sitting and doing nothig Zelda-wise. Although I did try to maul Vaati in Minish cap in under nine minutes. If I hadn't kept on pausing, I probably could have owned him, but I ran out of time.

Boomerang then run up and slash them. If you have weapons other than the boomerang and the sword, use them... For example, if you can set bombs along their path of movement... Geez I sound like one of those three skeletons at the start of the temple.

Actually, all of the items (Except the Boomerang and shovel) can kill a phantom eye- but don't try the sword unless you just boomerang'd it, otherwise it'll stick to your back and Link will have a job scratching it.

Actually, all of the items (Except the Boomerang and shovel) can kill a phantom eye- but don't try the sword unless you just boomerang'd it, otherwise it'll stick to your back and Link will have a job scratching it.

And it'll call the Phantoms. Not good when you have a Phantom Eye stuck to you >_<

I can escape Phantoms when I have a Phantom eye stuck to my back.

Of course its usually when I'm stupid enough to let them spot me when I run out of a hiding place xD

In TP, when my friends and I were trying to get the cat... we herded it like a goat, trying to get it over the bridge. >> Most. Stupid. Moment. of. Zelda. Playing. Seriously, herding a cat?

Sorry if this is past the date where replying to it is considered a bump (I mean, the last post was less than a month ago (unless the date system had changed and the last reply was the tenth of April xD) but I'm playing through Wind Waker again.

Does anyone know if it's possible to do the Wind Temple before the Earth Temple?
I ask because I specifically remember doing so the first time I played through it, but this time I can't find Makar anywhere. I know it wouldn't really matter which order I do them in, but this play through I'm testing a lot of things. Thing like the three hearts challenge (which is incredibly easy; I've already completed the first 25 floors of the savage labyrinth with three hearts, and the only times I've died were before it's even possible to get a fourth heart), seeing if I can get all of the Triforce shards before I complete the Temples (I've got five of them already), and without getting the fishmen to fill up my sea chart.

Yeah so can you do the Wind one before the Earth one?

Back
Top Bottom