• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Legend of Zelda

Yeah well I just gave up and decided to do the Earth one first. I've done it and now I'm on the Wind one anyway.

About me trying to get the Triforce shards before completing the temples. I know you need the hookshot to be able to get thee of them. I have the hookshot now. Is it possible to leave the Wind temple without completeing it?

That, I haven't tried. I dunno, maybe?

The only concrete doing-things-before-you're-supposed-to is getting Zora's Sapphire before the Goron's Ruby in OOT.

Well I don't think you can get out, because the entrance is a hole, and I doubt you can get out of the hole. And there aren't any ways to warp out, so I guess I'm stuck until I beat the boss. Which is sad because it's my least favourite dungeon in the game :(

The triforce collecting almost made me throw WW around in frustration.

But the ending made up for it. xD

That's why I'm trying to collect as much as I can before I do the temples; so that there are more fun bits in a row.

SO GUYS

FINALLY STOLE THE WII FROM UPSTAIRS

GOT TO ARBITERS GROUNDS IN TP

THIS PLEASES ME

Also yes you CAN do the Wind Temple before the Earth Temple; I've done it before. Depends on which Sage ghost you see first, Laruto or Fado.

Why did you put those in spoilers? Wind Walker is waaaaay past spoiler date.

I saw Fado first, but Makar wasn't anywhere so I went to see Laruto and Medli instead.

Wow, I haven't posted here in forever O_o

I've added a Zelda section to Foxhog Forums, incidentally... join pls, anyone?

Why did you put those in spoilers? Wind Walker is waaaaay past spoiler date.

I saw Fado first, but Makar wasn't anywhere so I went to see Laruto and Medli instead.

Samesamesame. (except it's my dad who played. Heheheh.)

I just finished Wind Waker with only three hearts.

11 Deaths.
The first one was because I fell into the lava too many times in Dragonroost Cavern (before it's even possible to get a fourth heart, so it had nothing to do with that)
The second I can't remember.
The third happened because I annoyed a pig too much on Windfall.
The fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth tenth and eleventh was during the fight with Ganondorf.

Yay!
I just found out that my brother didn't take Majora's Mask with him to university, so I can play on it!

I just finished Wind Waker with only three hearts.

11 Deaths.
The first one was because I fell into the lava too many times in Dragonroost Cavern (before it's even possible to get a fourth heart, so it had nothing to do with that)

Actually, you can get four Heart Pieces before you get to Dragon Roost Island. I have :3

I'm too lazy to read through these 18 pages, so here are my opinions on the Legend of Zelda.

aLttP - Best
Ages/Seasons - Second and Third Best
Majora's Mask - Fourth
Everything else - whatever

OoT is so overrated it makes me want to cry.

The town members /must/ have known the moon had a face in Majora's Mask - the guy at the observatory CERTAINLY knew and everyone in town knows that the world's gonna end anyways. if they can't tell the moon has a face, they're retarded. it's there during the /day/. ever listen to the town music? the closer you get to the last hour of the last day, the more twisted/off-key it starts to sound... but anyways.

but yeah, Zelda's real cool and everything but honestly I prefer the 2D Zeldas over the 3D ones - they're much more difficult to complete... (ignoring collecting heart pieces etc)

yep yep

See, this is why I made this thread. So that I could make long posts and discuss things. Not just say stuff about how you can do X before Y in a certain game.

OoT is so overrated it makes me want to cry.
Oh, no. I think that if anything it's still underrated.
Why?
Well, I may sound a bit weird here, but before I ever played on it I played a bit of one kind of game, and a bit of the other. I played games like Lego Star Wars for example. I thought it was a good game etc, but then I played OoT. It made me feel happy, I don't know why, but ever since then I don't really like Lego Star Wars and other games that I used to play. Whenever I play then, they just don't feel right, it's like there's an empty feeling when I play them. (which is really annoying because one of my friends comes over to my house really often really likes that game and always bugs me to play it, but get bored of it really quickly :( )
That's the story of how I
1) Became obsessed with Zelda in the first place.
2) Realized that I was only a casual gamer before I discovered the series.
3) Regret buying a load of games that I'm never going to play on again.

The town members /must/ have known the moon had a face in Majora's Mask - the guy at the observatory CERTAINLY knew
The only thing that I can remember him saying or doing something like that involves the moon's tear, and that could easily only be called that because of its shape and colour. If you meant something else, then i dunno, I'll check later when I have time.
and everyone in town knows that the world's gonna end anyways.
What does this have to do with it maybe not having a face?
if they can't tell the moon has a face, they're retarded.
What I meant is, maybe the moon actually doesn't have a face, not they can't see it. But, yeah it probably does though, I'm just saying that it's a good theory seeing as how nobody really mentions it. On the other hand, maybe they don't mention it because the moon has always had a face, and they wouldn't exactly draw attention to something that they're perfectly used to.

it's there during the /day/.
I noticed ;)
ever listen to the town music? the closer you get to the last hour of the last day, the more twisted/off-key it starts to sound... but anyways.
I know, and I love the game for it. I can never decide which I day I like the most. The music is catchy anyway, but I just get all excited how it becomes the last day and it sounds all frantic.

but yeah, Zelda's real cool and everything but honestly I prefer the 2D Zeldas over the 3D ones - they're much more difficult to complete...
I know, to me there are two different kind of difficult, how challenging they are, and how frustrating they are. The first two Zeldas ones fall into the latter. (Especially the second game, but that's known for being too difficult).
The first one was okay, I liked the dungeons and all, but I hate it how if you were in the overworld and you die, no matter how far you got, you had to start at that same point over and over again.
*ignoring the second*

A Link to the Past is good. If I ever get around to completing it I'm sure it'll fall into my top three list. It is more difficult in a good way, it's just I never get to play it because I can only play it on the big TV. And I like to play 3D games on bi TVs and 2D games on small ones :(.
As for the others, I've never played on the Gameboy games. I'm sure they're like aLttP in being harder in a good way, it's just I don't really want to buy Gameboy games where I could be buying brand new Wii games.

However the most frustrating game EVER is Master Quest. The only reason I ever got through it was because I'd played ordinary Ocarina of Time beforehand.

I did play a bit of Majora's Mask today. I couldn't be bothered to do the Goron part of the game, so I just did loads of stuff like getting the postman's hat, Keaton mask and Bremen Mask etc.

EDIT: Today I finished snowhead temple, got the Bremen Mask, Romani Mask, and Bunny Hood. I did one of my favourite parts of the game, the aliens attacking the ranch.

EDIT: Today I managed to beat the Goron race and get the gilded sword.

Last edited:
Pfff. Twilight Princess is the best. Wind waker comes in second, although it's not anywhere CLOSE.

OoT is a pain in the ass. X_X

PH is loads of fun.

Minish Cap was a load of fun too, but Vaati is fucking HARD

.... And that's all the Zelda games I've played.

Back
Top Bottom