• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Legend of Zelda

:D I beat Bongo Bongo and am now at the Spirit Temple as an adult.

Oh, and I got ALttP on VC and reached the second Dark World Temple, with all the water. The boss of the first one was insanely hard, though. I mean, almost completely unavoidable tail, and being able to do about eight hearts worth of damage in one hit that early in the game? x_X

Last edited:
How many points does ALttP cost on virtual console?

It's just that the only way I can get wii points is by swapping star points on the Nintendo Website, and who knows when they'll get more in stock.

I think it was either 600 or 800 points. Can't remember.

I'm about to face Ganondorf on OoT and am fighting the boss of the water temple thing on ALttP.

Speaking of water temples, I got stuck in the OoT version for a month all because I overlooked a key.

And I hear the TP version is worse.

I've also been studying timeline theories...

The TP version of the Water Temple involves rotating stairs, waterwheels and fish that you actually can well, fish, but don't count in your fishing journal. XD I think it's better, or well, easier.

The TP version of the Water Temple involves rotating stairs, waterwheels and fish that you actually can well, fish, but don't count in your fishing journal. XD I think it's better, or well, easier.

I don't recall catching fish in the Water Temple.

You don't have to, but there are those fish that attack you should you enter the water, in the main room with the stairs. You can catch those with your fishing rod. =D It's fun but useless. XD

Never knew that!

The only non important thing I knew you could do with the fishing rod was distract Ganondorf.

I mean, I really want to play TP, but if TP's Water Temple is worse than OoT's, I'm afraid I'll get lost in there again...

Don't worry. It is complicated, but easier. And you won't wander around looking for that stupid key that's hidden beneath that floating block.

I adore howling stones. =D But the stone on the mountain took me forever to do, cause I had no idea how to stick a silence in the middle of it. >> *is dense* It took me nearly ten tries, but I got it eventually. The fishing rod in the water temple was me trying to get revenge for getting beat up by those annoying fish, and I doubted it would work... But it did. Muahaha~

I -almost- have enough Wii points to get aLttP now. I just find it annoying how you're only allowed to get one Wii points card from the Nintendo website every day.
This is one of the games I've wanted most for a very long time.

I have no idea why Majora's Mask isn't released on virtual console yet. They must; when my brother is in university, he takes the collectors edition disk with him and sometimes I just get massive urges to play it.

I've been into Zelda for who knows how long. The first one I beat was Wind Waker. I got a bunch of Zelda games from the virtual console and I recently got the Collector's edition thing for the gamecube. I've been wanting it for a while. But When I play Majora's Mask on that thing, sometimes it freezes when I go to a different area (happened twice already). I have to learn to go back in time and save more often (quicksaves get deleted after you use them).

Right now I just beat the Woodfall temple (the boss sounded like it was saying "Yo momma!") and I'm going to go get the Goron mask (again... stupid freezing thing). I tried to get through the Deku shrine but it's just so LONG! Once I accidentally hit a wall of fire and had to start it from the beginning.

By the way, how do I get into the Snowhead temple? I've tried rolling against the wind and I saw the giant Goron with the eye of truth but I don't know how to get in there!

Here's some help on places that everyone has been getting stuck on:

Water Temple in Oot: check the map for any chests you might of forgotten to open or something. That helped me get through it easily.

Shadow temple: if you see your shadow getting way bigger, roll out of it's range and kill that nasty hand! Also, don't forget to bring extra green potions and fairies. Don't forget to throw bombs at the Beamos!

Spirit temple: Are you stuck in that one room as a child that has a metal bridge that just won't fall? Stand at a certain angle near the dropoff and use the slingshot/boomerang on the switch.

Gerudo's training grounds: use the eye of truth Everywhere! And don't worry about using the keys on the wrong doors. Eventually you will get silver gauntlets that you can use to push the giant block out of the way with.

For everything else: Remember to check every nook and cranny of everything! If you already have, try using the new item you just got. Also, try to find out hints from people (usually colored text). Don't hesitate to do minigames and sidequests! Those usually end in getting heart pieces (or if you're lucky, an empty bottle). For bosses, consider what you think their weaknesses are (for example: Dodongos are vulnerable to bombs in the mouth). If you need any additional help, feel free to pm me. That goes for everyone. (I can't help out on most of the handheld Zeldas because I've never been able to get them or play them. I can however, help out on Phantom Hourglass because I already beat it.)

Didn't you need a special song to get inside Woodfall Temple? Well, you'll need one to get into all the other temples, too.

Currently up to the Skeleton Forest temple in ALttP after the part where you get the Fire Rod. ;; Stupid Wallmasters. They've officially surpassed Windwaker's sharks as my least favorite Zelda enemy ever.

I've only got one of these games, A Link to the Past (with Four Swords included) but I need major help.

You see, I've gotten to Dark Palace or whatever that place is called, and when I get to the room with all the little crabs that have blue balloons over them and one has a red balloon, and there are things that you jump on to move to other paths and has the thing that you bounce off of in the middle, I can see a chest that I haven't opened. I have explored the place as thoroughly as is possible, but there is absolutely no way to get to the room that leads to that. I can see the room next to it on top of a ledge in the room where you have to lift up jars and there's a switch that you push a statue onto to open the door, yet I can't get to it. Any help at all?

That one is a tough one. It has something to do with going down a couple floors in certain areas and killing a bunch of skeleton dudes or something. Its been awhile since I've done that dungeon.
But remember! When you get to the guys that move when you move, shoot arrows at the guy the shoots fireballs at you. Don't worry about getting hit. If you aren't in his range, you will never be able to harm him!

I've already done all of that. I'm convinced that that treasure chest has the key I need to open the door in the room where you have to throw something at the brain-thing in order to get through, like a boomerang or hookshot.

It might be in that one dark room where you can get another key, it has the skull things with red balloons just spinning around them bouncing around that you can't defeat, and in the middle there's an inaccessable room with the turtles that you flip over with the hammer. It has a teleportation pad in it, and I've been trying to look for the one that leads to it. Probably up on that cliff too.

Damn Nintendo D<

Back
Top Bottom