• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The LGBT Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother agreed to buy me a suit (yaaay) on the condition that it was a women's suit (booo), and I thought it was better than nothing since I could always wear a tie and look cool. But now she's added a new condition: I have to wear a handkerchief instead of a tie or no suit. And then she insisted that lots of men wear handkerchiefs around their necks, really.
Mum; I'm not doing a Quentin Crisp cosplay, as cool as he was. Don't be a jerk just because you can hang things over my head.

Come on, I don't look that bad!

You look quite masculine actually ^_^

Can't wait till February 13! Epic "Meet the crew" day at Open Doors (www.opendoors.org.au) is going to be epic <333

I don't know what I am :V but I probably belong here

(I've joined this club like three times ~_~)

so, Harlequin, them faggots. now vaguely cool, if not ~hip~ to be one at both of my schools. What's the atmosphere wherever you're going? Is education gay

(not quite gay enough for bi, zuu ~_~)

The atmosphere where I am is "." It's neither bad nor good, but there's this flaming queen who's always in the library. He's a bit annoying but eh.

still there are lots of very hot boys, so.

My (female) Communication & Culture teacher went off on a short tangent today about being in a gay bar, and after a clearly dumfounded reaction someone nervously asked, "Uh Miss, w-why were you in a gay bar?" to which she said that one of her old uni friends was a gay guy who invited her there. She then went on to talk about how awesome gay bars are.

I love this teacher. :D And she's actually going to be teaching us queer theory next year, yay!

My (female) Communication & Culture teacher went off on a short tangent today about being in a gay bar, and after a clearly dumfounded reaction someone nervously asked, "Uh Miss, w-why were you in a gay bar?" to which she said that one of her old uni friends was a gay guy who invited her there. She then went on to talk about how awesome gay bars are.

I love this teacher. :D And she's actually going to be teaching us queer theory next year, yay!

Everyone loves gay bars! The last time I was in a gay bar there was a very hot (well he was hot when he wasn't talking...) barman who served me without asking me for ID. I was like <3 even though I'm 18 because I'd left my ID at home. And he did this adorable thing with his hands that I can't even begin to replicate it was that gay.

Er. Yeah. Also there were Lloyd Daniels posters everywhere advertising a performance in February. I was like "lol he's not even old enough to get in..." but yeah. Gayyy.

Canterbury has a gay bar... well, I think it's more of a club, actually. Or actually a club that does gay nights some of the time or something. I'm not sure of the details - clubbing's not really my scene (dancing or seals) - but it's called, and I kid you not, G-Spot. Classy. That said, I don't think I've ever heard of a gay club that didn't have a hilarious name.

Kent uni has a decent gay scene, I think - I'm not really part of it, though out of my Amnesty International group (about 25 people, a roughly equal gender split), about half is gay/bi. And everybody's either vegetarian or vegan. And outside of clubs and societies, nobody cares if you're gay/bi.

My school has bugger all really... I'm not bothered though, in 5 months I will be done with it.

fff I have so much stuff to sort out before going to uni :(

Coming out around here is akin to castrating yourself with a cheese grater, and the town I live in is tiiiiny, so no gay bars or LGBT groups in my area.

This one out gay guy here is ridiculed pretty much constantly and is talked about behind is back all the time. We're pretty much a Christian public school, there are fliers for prayer groups and youth groups and shit all over the place. so uh

I come out to people I trust with no problems...mum comes out FOR me to people SHE trusts, but never asks me if I want them to know or not >_>

At least she's supportive, as are all my friends. Even a Canadian one that said he was completely homophobic O.o

Canterbury has a gay bar... well, I think it's more of a club, actually. Or actually a club that does gay nights some of the time or something. I'm not sure of the details - clubbing's not really my scene (dancing or seals) - but it's called, and I kid you not, G-Spot. Classy. That said, I don't think I've ever heard of a gay club that didn't have a hilarious name.

Kent uni has a decent gay scene, I think - I'm not really part of it, though out of my Amnesty International group (about 25 people, a roughly equal gender split), about half is gay/bi. And everybody's either vegetarian or vegan. And outside of clubs and societies, nobody cares if you're gay/bi.

None of the gay bars in Swansea or Cardiff have fun names (to my knowledge). :( They're just gay but not like innuendo gay. "Pulse." "Champers." Ffff.

I come out to people I trust with no problems...mum comes out FOR me to people SHE trusts, but never asks me if I want them to know or not >_>

At least she's supportive, as are all my friends. Even a Canadian one that said he was completely homophobic O.o

Agh, I hate that. Mom always hints it at people I don't know and I'm like, hi, this is sort of a personal issue. Alas.

I'm trying to figure out how to come out of the closet without advertising my sexuality. This is Texas, and chances are that at least one member of my (kind of redneck tbh) family won't accept my homosexuality. I only want a few trusted people to know about it, but rumors spread quickly and inevitably where I live. I think I'm being paranoid, but... Any advice?

Just sort of mention it. Don't bring it up, but if the subject comes up, just say something like "Well, as the token gay guy, I..." or something?

Okay so i know this is awfully late but I want to join. I'm straight, but i know a ton of gay people and they're all awesome. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom