• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The LGBT Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel that bad for disliking people who make me look bad. I understand that I shouldn't blame them, but it's still really, really annoying when everyone just assumes I'm heterosexual because the visible gays get all of the attention.

I want love, too ; ;

It wasn't for the NCOD or anything, but I came out to one of my housemates the other day in possibly the least sensical way in recorded history. I can't even remember exactly what was said, but at some point I definitely mentioned that, if I were in a WWII concentration camp, I'd have the pink (and probably black and red) triangle sewn on me. I honestly have no idea.

I think my other housemate thinks I'm sexually attracted to food. I'm not really sure how to best go about clearing that one up.

I'm sorry but this made me laugh so much. :D Which is which?

I thought lesbians didn't get pink triangles but got black ones instead? Then you'd get a black one for lesbianism and a red one for being a political prisoner.

...Will and I got really off-track playing Trivial Pursuit while answering some History questions, and Rachel makes orgasmically good carrot cake. Uh.

Well I figured that the pink triangle is a little better-known, and "I am secretly a black triangle" would be a little too subtle. Or something. Again - I have utterly no idea.

On a serious note, I think it's easy to get annoyed at people who 'feed stereotypes'; it's not them you should be angry at, though, it's the people who see a person who says "I'm bi" (or whatever) acting in a certian way and then thinks "So this is how bisexual people behave!". A straight guy can sleep around with as many women he wants, and while people might judge him as a person, nobody's going to go "Ah, that's how all heterosexuals behave!"

It basically all boils down to this on a bigger scale. When you're part of any minority, there will be people who judge everyone else who's a part of that minority by your actions.
(people could look at that comic/me and think "Lefties suck at math!" for example D:)

If it's any consolation I've thought you're a lesbian for a long time now!

gays ftw

Um... what? :B what does that mean? why?

I thought lesbians didn't get pink triangles but got black ones instead? Then you'd get a black one for lesbianism and a red one for being a political prisoner.

Also!

The black triangle was a badge used in Nazi concentration camps to mark prisoners as "asocial" or "arbeitsscheu" (work-shy). It was later adopted as a lesbian or feminist symbol of pride and solidarity, on the assumption that the Nazis included lesbians in the "asocial" category.

And so.

Um... what? :B what does that mean? why?

Also!

And so.

It's like how I thought Verne was trans before he actually said "I'm trans." IDK. I just. It's like. If anyone had asked me "Is Midnight a lesbian?" I would have said "probably"! IDK it's not a bad thing or anything (except in that, like, you like girls, ew).

It's like how I thought Verne was trans before he actually said "I'm trans." IDK. I just. It's like. If anyone had asked me "Is Midnight a lesbian?" I would have said "probably"! IDK it's not a bad thing or anything (except in that, like, you like girls, ew).

Yeah no midnight you are the flamingest lesbian ever hello it's okay

Dannichu I love you I think you're like my more social and person-liking braintwin. :[ Eurhg. (I also suck at maths. :[ :[ :[ )

Also uv your signature. Love. So much. <33

Okay back on subject... uh... what was the subject, carrot cakes? :v

HOLY SHIT I'M SO EXCITED FOR SATURDAY

okay so i haven't been in this site in forever or this particular thread in even longer (even though i re-started it). but guess what's going to happen this saturday?

A local high school, not one that I go to but a very nearby one in the same district as mine, is going to be putting on a performance of "The Laramie Project" (a play about a kid who got murdered for being gay and the impact it had on society).

The Westboro Baptist Church themselves are going to show up and protest the performance. Myself and a few friends, as well as tons of other people, are going to show up and protest the protest, with gay rights signs/shirts/etc. I'm going to wear a marriage equality shirt I'm making in my graphic arts class. It's going to be fucking awesome, I'm hoping.

Will post pictures.

HOLY SHIT I'M SO EXCITED FOR SATURDAY

okay so i haven't been in this site in forever or this particular thread in even longer (even though i re-started it). but guess what's going to happen this saturday?

A local high school, not one that I go to but a very nearby one in the same district as mine, is going to be putting on a performance of "The Laramie Project" (a play about a kid who got murdered for being gay and the impact it had on society).

The Westboro Baptist Church themselves are going to show up and protest the performance. Myself and a few friends, as well as tons of other people, are going to show up and protest the protest, with gay rights signs/shirts/etc. I'm going to wear a marriage equality shirt I'm making in my graphic arts class. It's going to be fucking awesome, I'm hoping.

Will post pictures.

Laramie Project is awesome. Iirc they dressed up as angels as a response to the protest? You should totally do that.

Laramie Project is awesome. Iirc they dressed up as angels as a response to the protest? You should totally do that.

i honestly never really knew it was until i just googled it. i had no idea it was about matthew shepherd even haha. i'd heard of it but wasn't sure what it was until, like. a few hours ago.

i'm probably just gonna wear a gay rights shirt that i'm making in my graphic arts class anyway, i know one of my friends said he's going to wear a purple bodysuit and bring a "HAIL XENU" sign, and i legit have no idea whether he was sarcastic or not. it'll be fun whatever ends up happening

It's astounding... time is fleeting...

i honestly never really knew it was until i just googled it. i had no idea it was about matthew shepherd even haha. i'd heard of it but wasn't sure what it was until, like. a few hours ago.

i'm probably just gonna wear a gay rights shirt that i'm making in my graphic arts class anyway, i know one of my friends said he's going to wear a purple bodysuit and bring a "HAIL XENU" sign, and i legit have no idea whether he was sarcastic or not. it'll be fun whatever ends up happening

Mannn you should totally watch it. I think I saw it on youtubes. Go look for it. It's hella awesome and made me tear up (okay I cried a bit shush.)

Must check out Laramie Project.

Also something I never thought would happen happened: I found another FtM in this school. And it was an accident, haha. I gave them my comic link and they connected the dots when they saw how I express myself online.
Still, when you hear 'So, um, are you transitioning? I thought I was the only at school who...' out of nowhere it's pretty astounding, haha. They pass super well though.

Using gender-neutral pronouns because I don't know what their current preferred pronoun use is.

BIG DAY FOR ME. I just uh, came out to someone, first time ever, and it was mostly an accident. :| Well, sort of the second time - the 'first' time was just me telling a person I'm not straight, but that was it, and most people irl already know that anyhow, or at least assume it (though I think they assume I'm gay). And since I don't think they even know about asexuality they probably didn't get it. Buuut. Not the point.

So I was uh, at my voice lesson, and we were working on Kiss From A Rose, which I (absurdly) never realized was a love song. Yeahhh. So then she mentions I should sing it softer and less angry (ahaha...) and I'm like, but that's what's fun about the song. Continues to me saying that love is bleh and she's like :O! and I'm like ... :[ and she's wondering if this is a bad past experience, no, have I never seen a guy/girl (made sure to ask both) on the street and thought 'oh they're cute', no, don't I want someone to be with me forever and support me, sure that's what friends are for.

Well, it wasn't that bad, definitely super-awkward, but in the end she didn't feel like continuing with the song, ahaha. She did suggest I get checked out to find why I'm like this because it clearly isn't the norm. (I responded that neither is homosexuality, and she quickly asserted that there's nothing wrong with homosexuals, I didn't respond because duh, so she pried for an answer... she kinda missed the point :[). I think she concluded I was just very cynical.

This is why I avoid coming out. :| Ahg. So awkward.

SATURDAY, LARAMIE, WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH, ETC

Westboro Baptist Church were bullshitting and didn't show up. Didn't want to spend the incredibly small amount of money I have on a play I can probably torrent somewhere anyway.

So, basically, Saturday was no different than any other day whatsoever at all.

Today I told the one friend I have made here that I'm transgendered

he was like "well to me, my friends' genders are irrelevant, so I don't think anything different of you at all :D"

I've known him for three weeks
my friends who knew me for years flipped out when I hinted that I would prefer to be male

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom