• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The LGBT Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, it's a real shame about your father, VPLJ. D: At least you'll be eighteen sometime.

Not sure if any of the other girls here care about this (or are, indeed, as shallow as me), but afterellen's opened voting for the '09 Hot 100 List.

I just put five women I like. I don't tend to watch much TV and tend only to develop an attraction to people I know or learn a significant amount about, but I wanted to make a list anyway. x3 Mine were Rebecca Romero, who is a cyclist who I have no idea whether many people have heard of or not, Lena Headey, Piper Perabo, Cariba Heine and Jill Bennett. I've only ever watched an interview with Jill Bennett in, but she's really cute. :D

Hahahahaha, wow.

How to spread propaganda for homophobes said:
Language to avoid at all costs: "Ban same-sex marriage." Our base loves this wording. So do supporters of SSM. They know it causes us to lose about ten percentage points in polls. Don’t use it. Say we’re against “redefining marriage” or in favor or “marriage as the union of husband and wife” NEVER “banning same-sex marriage.”

lolwut?

2. Isn’t the ban on gay marriage like bans on interracial marriage?

A: “Bans on interracial marriage were about keeping two races apart so that one race could oppress the other. Marriage is about bringing two sexes together, so that children get the love of their own mom and a dad, and women don’t get stuck with the enormous disadvantages of parenting alone.” “Having a parent of two different races is just not the same as being deprived of your mother—or your father.”

Just how the fuck does banning gay marriage put an end to single parenting?

“If courts rule that same-sex marriage is a civil right, then, people like you and me who believe children need moms and dads will be treated like bigots and racists.”

Because nine times out of then, they are...?

“Love is a great thing. But marriage isn’t just any kind of love; it’s the special love of husband and wife for each other and their children.”

Sorry gays; no matter how much you love your partner, it'll never be as much as Britney loved that one guy for 72 hours.

9. What about older or infertile couples? If they marry why not same-sex couples?

A: “Every man and woman who marries is capable of giving any child they create (or adopt) a mother and a father. No same-sex couple can do this. It’s apples and oranges.”

Way to completely fucking miss the point.

I actually kind of like this tactic.

"You're discriminating again-" "MARRIAGE"

"The supreme court in one case has already declared the concept of 'seperate but equal' un-" "MARRIAGE"

"You know, the people against desegregation of public schools probably thought their cause was pretty noble too-" "MARRIAGE"

Also, those two old people at the top of the page are fucking creepy. It's like that guy's staring into my soul.

Last edited:
I love the thing about Britney you said, Spaekle. :D

Oh look guys, they've changed the banner! To a family of black people. Either they're onto us (>.>) - we may have made them realise just how creepy that guy was - they change it regularly, they've realised just how creepy that guy was on their own or they're attempting to push their "point" about racism.

...Oh wait, it changes when you refresh it. Never mind. ;)

well i'm just now starting my school project... i've figured out most of what i want to say. it's about gay marriage, why it should be legal, why it's not wrong, etc. gay parents adopting, impacts on family, social aspects, all that.

if anybody has anything to say that you think i should add on any of those topics, i need to add some quotation marks to my project. :)

If you don't have something like this already, you could put something like the fact that certain religions do not support it is not a valid argument. America (or wherever you live) is not a Theocracy. Also, if you have stuff on how it's actually natural, you could put that it's been observed in numerous animals. Gorillas, Zebras, House Cats, Ducks, and Mosses to name a few.

Also, that website scares me. Because people read it. And think that it's true. And it's kind of pathetic that they try to throw the blame on black people. "Oh, don't mind us! Look at all of those black people! They don't agree with you, so our argument is valid! Ha!" I do not see the logic there at all.

well i'm just now starting my school project... i've figured out most of what i want to say. it's about gay marriage, why it should be legal, why it's not wrong, etc. gay parents adopting, impacts on family, social aspects, all that.

if anybody has anything to say that you think i should add on any of those topics, i need to add some quotation marks to my project. :)

Here's your quote for you:

One day I'm planning on getting married. Way things are going, I probably won't be able to. Cause in the eyes of the law, I would be a woman marrying a woman. Even though it'd be love. Even though it'd be innocent. Even though it'd be something we'd expect to have the right to do, just as our parents did and our siblings did and our friends did, we wouldn't be allowed because, bluntly, it's against the law.

So me, I've sort of given up. And that you've got kids giving up on love because the law tells them to, that's the sad thing.

RELEVANTLY: gaycons I stole from places. didn't make a one of 'em.

DoS092.png
tshirt12_by_rainbowgraphics.gif
pride11.png
001tc31c.jpg
000080ct.gif
00005a7d.gif
2-7.png
2-4.png
2-3.png
3-1-1.png

pretty icons verne. i might take one for somethin' else.

hmm... i will use your quote. it might make people think twice...

The DM article said:
An update of Britain's ageing fertility laws is going through Parliament and is likely to allow the use of artificial sperm and eggs in IVF treatment - but only for heterosexual couples.

But why? Why deny that kind of technological breakthrough to the groups of people who'd want it most?
Also, the comments on there range from hilariously ignorant to downright bigoted.

But why? Why deny that kind of technological breakthrough to the groups of people who'd want it most?
Also, the comments on there range from hilariously ignorant to downright bigoted.

Yeah, but I reckon with enough campaigning we could totally get that part wiped out. I mean, it'll be a while before this technology is readily available, and if we're lucky it'll be around the time we want and are in a position to have children.

so.

8)
oddly enough i stole them from a flippin harry potter forum

THE LAAAAAAME

Anywho.

I'm sitting here in a tie-dyed collared shirt with a card tacked to my pocket and having actually a pretty good day. Though mom kept asking me this morning if it meant she could boss me around, I gave her that look that teenagers can do, you know the one.

Argh, I really wanted to do a big thing today but it's the school holidays so there was no point. :/ Plus I went in for revision sessions all day and I reeeally need to speak to my teachers on revision sessions.

Although me and my friend are doing it at school on Thursday, so. :) Our own DoS~

Was anyone else silent today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom