• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The LGBT Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Third'd on the massive appreciation of Verne's getup :3

If anyone's bored and needs something to read, I reccommend this. I'm all anti-traditional marriage at the moment. :)

:( it didn't look bad but you'd have looked snazzier in a black suit. white suits are for black men :( or arabs, and possibly asians, but not for whites. :(

Well, I'm off-topic, but I haven't been here in a while, so!

Anyways, there's a girl in one of my classes that I like. She's really pretty, she's smart, and she's tons of fun. But she's also straight.
Well, you know how people are - a kiss on the cheek they'll usually take, from almost any friend. So I get to kiss her on the cheek all the time.

But today, I almost got to kiss her lips! I was just a little off, but that may be because we were walking down a flight of stairs and she's taller than me.

I'm the only girl that she allows to hold her around the waist and all that~
=D

@Melodic Harmony: Fwee~ Horray for you! Good luck ^^

@Verne: Joining the Verne-admirers group~ :D You look awesome in that suit ^^ I'm likin' the blue on you~ PS Harlequin white guys can totally wear white suits :/

Black is so boring, anyway. :<
Verne, you look downright Snazzy~ <3

So on another note.. I saw my therapist today and found out I get to start Hormone Treatments in 9 days!~ :> I have no idea if it's any big deal to anyone anywhere ever but it feels like it's been forever and somethings finally happening and fweeeeeeeestuffs~ It's also almost assuredly covered by insurance unlike what my parents kept pumping into me and even if not the doctor gets creative and prescribes for like Hypergonadism or some other hyper-ism who cares they won't have any excuse to not let me go on them~

...There is one ((Rather embarrassing D: )) question though is preservation of........ materials. Since some day I'd like to have a family too and especially if my partner is biologically female (And the person I love -is- ) I want to be able to.. I've no idea what to do there, if there's anywhere NEAR me if my parents would flip or what.. I don't know if hormones affect that immediately, I know 5-6 months in I'll end up sterile and would probably regret not doing it but I don't know what to do... ((Don't even know if that process still -functions- for me regardless, let alone in some facility or what have you))

Everything goes back to working if you stop taking female hormones. If you don't cut it off, I mean. AFAIK, anyway. that's how it works with ftms.

First off: you little shit :c

Everything goes back to working if you stop taking female hormones. If you don't cut it off, I mean. AFAIK, anyway. that's how it works with ftms.

And not necessarily; it can cause sterility.

But as skoots said, sperm bank.

:<

And, Yeah, Sperm Bank is what I was getting at, I guess I'm just a bit panicky and embarrassed and all.
I guess my question would be if anyone knows how long I have to decide, like if I start taking hormones and 4 months in I decide to do that if I'm so pumped full of estrogen it'll be inadvisable to use and if I did and had a boy he'd be like -super girly-. (Yeah no, but) I guess I haven't really thought about it, after like a year of mucking around with therapists now that I have confirmation it's like oh holy CRAP. I'm also planning on moving overseas eventually, so is it even possible to transport it? Or at least with a sense of modesty; Don't need airport security rifling through my bags and finding a *Bio-weapon* "Oh no wait, it's just-" And then I *Die*
I should probably just ask and stop being a jumpy embarrassed little wimp but parents are strange and still dunno how they're going to react I know they're still trying to stop me from taking hormones in the first place and keep asking me why not just stay the way I am if I want a family some day and ugh.

Well, I mean, if all else fails, you don't need to use ~your~ sperm. Hell, adopt, god knows there's plenty of kids who need it.

First of all, L'il Dawgie, that's nothing to be embarrassed of 'round here. Yeah, sperm bank is probably your best bet without not taking the estrogen (which I doubt you'd want to do), or you could adopt. I mean I know there's always the chance that you and your girlfriend (assuming that you did mean girlfriend by that one statement) might wanna do the whole "pregnancy" thing. Also, the legal stuff with adopting could get messy depending on where you are and whether you're legally considered male or female and if you can get married and whether just one of you would have to adopt the kid legally or not or whatever...

Sperm has lasted for up to ten years, so if you want to store some you've got a relatively long time to ... get ready to use it, I guess.

Well, first off: congratulations, Dwagie! I wish I could even work up the courage to tell my therapist about my gender issues, let alone come out to my parents or start taking hormones. I'm sorry your parents reacted negatively (if I remember correctly from that one CC thread) but it's good to hear that things are looking up.
I'm not really very informed about sperm preservation, etc but what everyone else says seems the best solution, really. Adoption is of course a good option but it's unerstandable that you'd want a child of your own blood.

nthing the Snazzy Verne thing. I always get frustrated at my suits because they're gigantic on the shoulders so I end up looking terrible. Also anxiously awaiting the departure of my father so I can get some scissors to my goddamned hair.
Also, question to FtMs: how do you bind? I'm looking for actual commercial binders but I've only been able to find them online so-far and since I don't have a credit card of my own I can't order them. I've used my mother's credit card in the past, with her permission and a promise to pay her back (which I always do) but it'd be pretty awkward to explain why something like T-Kingdom or whatever appears on her card bill at the end of the month and what it means.

I tried sowing one for myself out of bandages but you could still easily see I have breasts and it was pretty unreliable. I could definitely imagine it coming undone while I'm out and about. But that's mostly because the bandages were kind of thin and my sewing skills are shit.

VPLJ: Don't ask how I know this, but try wearing a small T-shirt and then duct-taping your breasts down, then wear your normal clothes over it. Restricted breathing, yes, but if you're desperate enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom