• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The LGBT Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES. ♥

This person is an idiot:

Not allowing it to pass isn't going to make lesbians marry men. There are still going to be the same number of straight couples helping along our 'stable society'. >_>

Politician, 'nuff said

Probably Christian too, the bastards

Ahh that's amazing news. ;u;

And um. Hello, I'd like to join. *been trying to gather up the courage to ask to join for a couple of days now*

If I become prime minister I'll make it so /anyone/ can have a marriage and /anyone/ can have a civil union

also I have to wonder, where the hell do we ever actually see the traditional family anymore?
for example, on my street, we are one of only two houses to have 2 parental figures looking after kids. And my stepmum only moved here in February, over 8 years after my mum moved out.

One of my neighbours is about 20 and has 2 kids with 2 different fathers, neither of which I have ever seen in my life. She also looks after her younger brother and sister (ages 10 and 13 respectively) because their mum is the worst kind of drunk possible. The mum lives next door to us so we often get a right earful of the bollocks she causes :|
Most of the rest of this street is full of single parents with kids destined to get nowhere in life, and with drug dealers.

a stable society indeed

/ramble

Yeah I'm part of a traditional family. :( Mother, father, siblings... except er both my parents are divorced.

Also at the bottom of my street there's a woman with six children by five different fathers!

"We should be striving towards repairing and reinforcing marriage."
So let gays marry, you fool.

Dr Peter Saunders, of the Christian Medical Fellowship, criticised the move, telling the Daily Mail that
HAHAHA sorry. I love the idea of all the Tories running to the DM to whinge about this.
(I feel awful for this, but when I find out someone I like/respect buys the Daily Mail, I get so sad and my opinion of them plummets)

I loathe the idea of "traditional families", particularly that they're regarded as The Ideal. I've known enough families that'd be better for the kids if the parents did get a divorce, but they decided to "stay together for the kids", who'd probably be much happier and more well-adjusted if they didn't have to put up with constant fighting from the people who're supposed to be adult and in charge.

(I, uh, have issues)

And HI Almost Eric! Good to have you here :D

*Take desk, Forcefully insert head*
Le sigh, so I finally got to go out in proper clothing. Nothing too fancy, plain black skirt, long top in a blue-green, and normal everything else.
Parents, FLIPPED. I can't even fathom what goes through their minds to be such bigots. My dad starts making excuses (Did you all know that women don't wear dresses? Go figure! Learn something new every day, Thanks dad. ) and going on about how his "Son.. ex-son, is wearing a skirt" and how terrible that is, my mum going on about how I'm tearing the family apart. Holy crap, unbelievable. If I hadn't been going to a family therapist, one who actually suggested going like that, I'd have been kept at home no doubt. If I didn't jack their car that is.
I'm completely drained and can't believe... FUCK. FUCK FUCK FUCK. I hate them with an indescribable seething passion. I've got a migraine now and need to go lay down..

Fuck your parents, L'il Dwagie. :( How the hell are you 'tearing the family apart' by living the way you want to? I really don't get people like that. I'm sorry. Hopefully you can get out of there soon?

I have a rant as well!

So, I'm in my senior year of high school. I'm telling my parents to take the money they could spend on prom and spend it on a laptop for college or something, so that's not a very big deal, but besides that there's a bunch of other "formal" shit involved in which I may end up having to dress up. I am not out yet, but I won't stand for being put in a dress. Last time I went out in a skirt I came home suicidal. :\

I'm probably going to skip the formal yearbook picture if at all possible (if I don't wear what I'm supposed to, I don't see how they can make me). So I guess all that's left is whatever senior photo my parents want me to take off school time and possibly graduation. Any advice on how to dress formal but still kind of gender-neutral?

*Take desk, Forcefully insert head*
Le sigh, so I finally got to go out in proper clothing. Nothing too fancy, plain black skirt, long top in a blue-green, and normal everything else.
Parents, FLIPPED. I can't even fathom what goes through their minds to be such bigots. My dad starts making excuses (Did you all know that women don't wear dresses? Go figure! Learn something new every day, Thanks dad. ) and going on about how his "Son.. ex-son, is wearing a skirt" and how terrible that is, my mum going on about how I'm tearing the family apart. Holy crap, unbelievable. If I hadn't been going to a family therapist, one who actually suggested going like that, I'd have been kept at home no doubt. If I didn't jack their car that is.
I'm completely drained and can't believe... FUCK. FUCK FUCK FUCK. I hate them with an indescribable seething passion. I've got a migraine now and need to go lay down..

gggGGGRRR. Guh I hate that. So much. So most girls don't wear dresses nowadays. So what. You want to wear dresses. I don't even see why having a penis makes it so sociably unacceptable to wear something that covers the genital area unless the legs are separated legs anyway, regardless of internal gender )<

And how can you be 'tearing the family apart'? I mean if it's anyone's fault at all it's his for not giving you the right chromosomes right off the bat to begin with.

Fuck your parents, L'il Dwagie. :( How the hell are you 'tearing the family apart' by living the way you want to? I really don't get people like that. I'm sorry. Hopefully you can get out of there soon?

I have a rant as well!

So, I'm in my senior year of high school. I'm telling my parents to take the money they could spend on prom and spend it on a laptop for college or something, so that's not a very big deal, but besides that there's a bunch of other "formal" shit involved in which I may end up having to dress up. I am not out yet, but I won't stand for being put in a dress. Last time I went out in a skirt I came home suicidal. :\

I'm probably going to skip the formal yearbook picture if at all possible (if I don't wear what I'm supposed to, I don't see how they can make me). So I guess all that's left is whatever senior photo my parents want me to take off school time and possibly graduation. Any advice on how to dress formal but still kind of gender-neutral?

Prom: Tell your parents that you'd prefer a dress suit with pants so that you can dance easier? I mean it's better than nothing.
Graduation: Wear a formal shirt? Or like a nice t-shirt and no bra (if you have small boobs) or a smaller-than-your-cup-size sports bra if they're too big for that.

If I go to the prom this year (I didn't go to the year 11 one lol) I am wearing a suit and that is that. Also my friend's invited me to go to a proper fancy Italian restaurant with him and a few other friends for his 18th and since it's fancy I'll probably wear something manly there too...
The only time I will EVER wear a dress is on my wedding day if I marry a guy.

Dwagie, your parents make me rage :( how long is it untill you can properly leave? and that bollocks about tearing the family apart what the hell. You're only doing it for yourself, how is it affecting anyone else???

Also today some random kid said "ARE YOU GAY" at me today. People round here do not use the word gay when referring to girls so I assume he thought I was a girly-looking dude. Hooray for being able to pass off as either gender lmao
MESSING WITH PEOPLE SHALL BE FUN

I've been trying to walk less like a girl lately.

I'm not sure how well it's working.

Wear a woman's collared shirt. They can often be fairly gender neutral and also they are really soft and nice coo~

haha I'm writing a trans story. for the fucking pw kink meme. good god shoot me in the head

Take no heed to them Sable. You'll be in England before you know it ^_^

Also, I know someone who has 9 kids O_O

You could probably get away with wearing nice black pants with a really nice top for the formal stuff, or you could wear a tux to your school ball. There were a few girls in my year who wanted to do that but they weren't allowed to because our senior school officer said 'girls wear dresses'.
What is it about wearing dresses/skirts you don't like? You could always wear shorts underneath (no-one would know!). I'm curious, because I used to loathe skirts and dresses, too.

I have a rant as well!

My female friend went in a woman's suit, and there were barely even any comments from other people. Considering I was expecting the teachers to tell her she couldn't wear one...

If your school is even slightly open-minded they won't care if a girl comes in a suit, it's unusual but not unheard of.

What is it about wearing dresses/skirts you don't like? You could always wear shorts underneath (no-one would know!). I'm curious, because I used to loathe skirts and dresses, too.

I don't like it because, well, boys don't wear those things (in the eyes of most people), and I want people to look at me and see a boy. That's not something that happens on a daily basis anyway, but it's still way too uncomfortable for me to wear something so explicitly feminine. :\ There's not a good way I can describe it other than it doesn't feel right.

Thanks; I'll see what I can get away with. I'm going to try to avoid most of those situations anyway. Definitely not going to prom.

I actually have a cisgendered female friend who went to prom in a men's tux; I don't think anyone said anything, although she had to try a few different suit shops before anyone would fit her for it. :\ ("I want a tux for prom." "Oh, for your boyfriend?" "No, for me." "lolwut")

Last edited:
My stepdad gave me a suit of his but the shoulders are massive, obviously (he may just have broad shoulders though because both my dad's jacket and my Luftwaffe one fit me perfectly). But it's so awkward to try and buy one/get one tailor-made because people are all like 'uh'

Society fucking sucks and is nothing but stereotypes. I don't even want to imagine trying to go in if/when I want to get fitted for a dress some time.
Ugh, my parents are acting like nothing happened now, which they should be because I thought I was making a statement like; Hey, I'm dressing how I want so get the fuck off my back.
Blah.. I don't know when I'm leaving either.. whenever I can but things keep getting so damned screwed over it's just..... ugh.
I don't think I've even answered everything I was meaning to or anything at all but state of mind is in flux right now so blah..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom