• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The LGBT Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am officially disowning any and all Christians unless I get to/am getting to know them...

I'm highly pissed off right now, though I can't be, because I'm not a person...

dear everyone: when you say 'I hate christians, except so and so, they're nice,' it's sort of the same thing that people do when they say 'I hate fags, 'cept so and so, they're ok' and that ain't cool.

Who you hate -- who we all hate, everyone, not just queers but most human beings -- are the extremists, the radicals, because they make rash decisions and rarely back them up and they hurt too many people as they do so. But saying you hate christians is as offensive as saying you hate jews or you hate hispanics or you hate fags.

Just sayin ... cause JC, he's totally cool with this shit. yo.

While I agree it's offensive to say you hate a whole group, I don't think a religion you are free to choose is the same as a race or sexual orientation. But yeah, I'm an atheist but I'm okay with Christians unless they make me cry :c believe in what you want and let me do the same.

Or if they cough into the little wafers that are the body of Christ. Gross old priest dude

Ok I was pissed off when I said that :/

But I'll just quote the passage constantly thrown in my face...

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Ahem. Consider that leviticus has more than five chapters detailing animal sacrifice and also says if you swear or hear swearing you are a sinner ...

MORE FUN:

Leviticus 15 said:
19 " 'When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening.

20 " 'Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean. 21 Whoever touches her bed must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening. 22 Whoever touches anything she sits on must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening. 23 Whether it is the bed or anything she was sitting on, when anyone touches it, he will be unclean till evening.

24 " 'If a man lies with her and her monthly flow touches him, he will be unclean for seven days; any bed he lies on will be unclean.

... 28 " 'When she is cleansed from her discharge, she must count off seven days, and after that she will be ceremonially clean. 29 On the eighth day she must take two doves or two young pigeons and bring them to the priest at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting. 30 The priest is to sacrifice one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering. In this way he will make atonement for her before the LORD for the uncleanness of her discharge.

Leviticus 26 said:
14 " 'But if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, 15 and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant, 16 then I will do this to you: I will bring upon you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and drain away your life. You will plant seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it. 17 I will set my face against you so that you will be defeated by your enemies; those who hate you will rule over you, and you will flee even when no one is pursuing you.

18 " 'If after all this you will not listen to me, I will punish you for your sins seven times over. 19 I will break down your stubborn pride and make the sky above you like iron and the ground beneath you like bronze. 20 Your strength will be spent in vain, because your soil will not yield its crops, nor will the trees of the land yield their fruit.

21 " 'If you remain hostile toward me and refuse to listen to me, I will multiply your afflictions seven times over, as your sins deserve. 22 I will send wild animals against you, and they will rob you of your children, destroy your cattle and make you so few in number that your roads will be deserted.

etc

Leviticus 19 said:
19 " 'Keep my decrees.
" 'Do not mate different kinds of animals.
" 'Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.
" 'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

20 " 'If a man sleeps with a woman who is a slave girl promised to another man but who has not been ransomed or given her freedom, there must be due punishment. Yet they are not to be put to death, because she had not been freed. 21 The man, however, must bring a ram to the entrance to the Tent of Meeting for a guilt offering to the LORD. 22 With the ram of the guilt offering the priest is to make atonement for him before the LORD for the sin he has committed, and his sin will be forgiven.

23 " 'When you enter the land and plant any kind of fruit tree, regard its fruit as forbidden. For three years you are to consider it forbidden [c] ; it must not be eaten. 24 In the fourth year all its fruit will be holy, an offering of praise to the LORD. 25 But in the fifth year you may eat its fruit. In this way your harvest will be increased. I am the LORD your God.

26 " 'Do not eat any meat with the blood still in it.
" 'Do not practice divination or sorcery.

27 " 'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

28 " 'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.

Also, all of leviticus 11. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus 11&version=NIV

Leviticus is general bullshit, hurrr.

omg those wafers are so delicious that is the best part about going to church
I heard they're a pain in the ass because they stick to the roof of your mouth but I'm not baptized so I'm technically not allowed to be a cannibal :c

If all Christians just ignored the Old Testament LIKE JESUS TELLS THEM TO then there wouldn't be any problems really.

I dunno, I don't mind. They're so freaking delicious. aoweifjapef mmm.

Hrm, the queer club at school was supposed to meet (for the very first time!!!) but either I wasn't invited or it didn't fly. Hoping the former, cause I want it to exist.

Taken literally, homosexuality is somewhat taboo in my school; pretty much anyone who isn't androgynous is assumed to be heterosexual.

Someone once made a thread on the subject in my school intranet forum, admitting himself to be bisexual, and although there were those (homophobics) who defended their opinion in a 'You're not allowed to stop me hating gays' manner, it was generally ignored.

I'm actually thinking of making a GSA/LGBT club at my school, since there's got to be a significant number of gays (1500 pupils in the secondary school so er), but first I have to tell my mum, which I guess will go over okay, and second I have to find out how to do it. At my school we usually need a teacher in charge of a club or society so that we can use a classroom, and I'm pretty keen on using one since I'd like to be away from the incredible amounts of noise and shit in the rest of the school.
Gonna try next week, it just seems like a cool idea since I'm sure a lot of people would like to talk about their gay crushes and handbags.

In other news my shrink recently said something along the lines of 'SO VLAD YOU SEEM TO HAVE A MORE MASCULINE BRAIN?' and I nodded feverishly buuuut the session ended. Gonna see her next week though so er let's see if this will be good or not.

I'm actually thinking of making a GSA/LGBT club at my school, since there's got to be a significant number of gays (1500 pupils in the secondary school so er), but first I have to tell my mum, which I guess will go over okay, and second I have to find out how to do it. At my school we usually need a teacher in charge of a club or society so that we can use a classroom, and I'm pretty keen on using one since I'd like to be away from the incredible amounts of noise and shit in the rest of the school.
Gonna try next week, it just seems like a cool idea since I'm sure a lot of people would like to talk about their gay crushes and handbags.

In other news my shrink recently said something along the lines of 'SO VLAD YOU SEEM TO HAVE A MORE MASCULINE BRAIN?' and I nodded feverishly buuuut the session ended. Gonna see her next week though so er let's see if this will be good or not.

Good on you Vlad! I salute you ^w^

Hmm... I wish there was an LGBT group thing at my school, but it probably wouldn't be allowed because my headteacher is a pillock.

By the way, thanks guys ♥ You're all awesome.

Well it's not really a club

we have regular groups at our school run by the counselors, so there's things like Women's Issues, Men's Issues, etcetera -- but they're not clubs, there's no posters or whatever. You're just put down for it or your counselor asks if you want it and then every whateverdayoftheweek you get sent a pass at some random time and you go. It's totally confidential.

Admittedly I'd prefer an open LGBTQ club but any step is good ... It's just, if it's confidential and counselor-chosen, what about the kids still in the closet who need to have a release, who need to be told it's ok? We're not really allowed to talk about the club or anyone who's in it, so I mean what can those kids do ... I dunno.

It's kinda my fault that we have one going, though, I kept insisting last year that we have one BECAUSE UH THOSE KIDS TOTALLY NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO (I was in a Women's Issues group and I didn't exactly feel comfortable talking to them. I didn't even know most of their names)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom