• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The LGBT Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came out to my parents kind of... in passing

"Dad I'm bi, that's okay right"
"Of course it is, but y'know you're still really young lol"
"Ok seeya"

dunno if my mum even remembers :B

Good god coming out about being transgendered though
Shitting bricks forever
Took THREE attempts to tell my dad, first two ended badly and the third I wrote a letter haha. And because /that/ worked, I did the same for my mum.

OK who turned my school proud overnight? I want to hug him/her so bad.

Basically, toward the end of last school year I noticed that the attitude towards LGBT kids in my school started to show a bit of progress. I even saw a same-sex couple holding hands for the first time ever around the time of final exams.

Then during the summer a bisexual girl asked me to start a LGBT club with her at my school. I agreed, but we still haven't worked up the guts to start it. Also over the summer, me and my new found homo homies (Don't kill me) started publicly displaying our sexualities on Facebook. (It's a GREAT alternative to coming out.)

This year, I see same-sex couples hugging, holding hands, and occasionally even kissing (Not making out, cuz not even straight people are allowed to do that lol) on a regular basis and no one even stares.

This is awesome beyond words.

EDIT: Also I will make sure to appreciate my bisexual friends tomorrow. :D

Does anyone here have Gay-dar?

I noticed that I kinda have an ability to pick out people who might be gay at our school, but since no one is out, it's impossible to tell.

And I was wondering if anyone had some tips on using said super powers.

I have a very weak version of that super power. These days I just Facebook confirm my crushes' sexualities and go to sleep severely disappointed because of the aforementioned FB revolution. I would recommend looking at peoples' online profiles before using the old-fashioned gaydar. People are a lot more open online, as everyone who's used the internet for more than two seconds knows. Try it, you'll save yourself at least a bit of frustration and confusion.

Good for you, Drowzee... I hope it'll only get better and better! :)

Also I think my crush might've found out I kind of like herrr....Tips: Don't chat with online friends on MSN about your crush when she's sitting right next to you and is prone to LEAN OVER VERY SUDDENLY AND LOOK.

Goddamnit, and this msn friend just had to mention her name at that exact moment... Argh, but it's all my fault.. I brought up the topic of her ;_;

But she didn't mention anything at all about it, although we didn't talk much. But I don't know her very well anyways sooo... and ff she confronts me about this I'm going to tell her she saw wrong and we were talking about this (imaginery) guy and my msn pal was joking around about me liking him... But of course I'll stammer and sweat and not look her in the eyes so she'll know I'm lying.

The worst part of it all? I DON'T KNOW IF SHE KNOWS AND IT'S KILLING ME

fuck i hate not knowing ;_;

On a happier note: all my friends now knows that I'm bi and they all accept me. :)

HAPPY BISEXUALITY CELEBRATION DAY, QUEERS <3

Does anyone here have Gay-dar?

I noticed that I kinda have an ability to pick out people who might be gay at our school, but since no one is out, it's impossible to tell.

And I was wondering if anyone had some tips on using said super powers.

Yeah, I do. It's been correct in the past! But also incorrect. Hmm. It's usually something in the eye, methinks.

Pssh, I don't. I thought I did for a while, but then it turns out that my best friend, who I thought for the longest time was gay, turned out to be homophobic. Which is weird on so many levels...

The only occasion on which I was right was for this guy I had a crush on; I thought he was bi. And man, I am soo glad I was right, too.

I have sort of a bad habit of thinking that any guy who I find attractive is gay, or bi at least. Because I've been told by people who know about my sexuality is that I have quite a vibe about me, and that if it's so detectable, then only guys who are gay or bi would only want to be around me because of this. I know I've been wrong about this since knowing my best friend is homophobic, so it all works out.

Off-topic: I was talking with said homophobic bff about my upcoming 17th birthday party, and told him that I was inviting my sole female crush along with my aforementioned male crush. Which he knows about. He laughed and said he was okay with it as long as I only kissed her and not him.

I told him that I promised nothing. XD

Happy Bisexuality Celebration day!
I think we should all share stories. :o

"Gaydar" isn't a thing, but there's definitely evidence to suggest that gay men and women are distinct from heterosexual men and women. A bunch of research has shown that gay men have certain physical differences from straight men, ranging from finger length, penis length and girth, direction of whorls of hair, areas of difference in the brain and um bollocks I can't remember another one.

That's on average, though -- you yourself might not exhibit these qualities. It used to be thought that gay men were just like women and gay women were just like men, but we're understanding that that simply isn't the case. It's been observed that homosexuals can be at the same time more masculine and more feminine than their heterosexual counterparts.

It's kind of cool. I'll have to find the link again.

I don't have gaydar, but I do attract quite a lot of bisexual females, somehow. Three of my immediate best friends are bisexual and female, out of about four or five. My internet friends are overwhelmingly LGBT, and even my old best friend recently told me he was gay, which I had never ever expected. So, yeah. It no doubt has some correlation to us all being outcasts at school, since all of us have been bullied for being non-straight before. Odd.

On the topic of bisexual female friends, me and one of them are allllmost in a relationship. :P It will be my first ever relationship and she is awesome and I am very happy :'D

So yeah, expect me to be commenting on the school's reactions to this here. It wouldn't be a big thing, but, she's really popular and I'm universally reviled there, so I'm expecting entertainment. XD

Last edited:
Yes Harlequin, please do. That would be a very very interesting to read!

Cirrus, I'm glad that you would find a same sex relationship at your school involving you would be entertaining. I know if I showed up one day holding a guy's hand, we'd probably get lynched.

I'll have a look for it. It was p cool.

On the subject of same-sex relations(hips): HOPEFULLY this year will contain some gaying. 'Cause uh. I'm joining the LGBT group at the university.

I don't have a gaydar lmao

ALSO GUYS
I've been at uni for a day now and being male 100% of the time IS AWESOME
a couple of people have been all "is that a boy or a girl" though but everyone I've spoken to properly hasn't been like that at all :B

gonna join the LGBT society at the fresher's fair in the week woop woop

yaaaaa man, awesome! um. people are still just assuming I'm straight. Like, last night there was this hot chick who was all FLIRT FLIRT FLIRT and I was just like "-.-" BUT I shall join the LGBT society. Apparently it won awards last year. idek.

...Would it be a particularly good idea if I tried to start up an LGBT club society community whatever at my school? I'm pretty sure that there, uh, isn't one as of yet, so I'm considering asking with teachers or whatever to see if I can get one going.

I think that that depends on how many people would join, and would support the club, and your community's level of tolerance.

If a size able amount of people do support LGBT, go for it!

I'm pretty sure the school's relatively tolerant - although to be honest I know three, maybe four openly LGBT people (not including myself) so unless there's a ton of people I don't know I guess it wouldn't exactly get a massive flood of people joining! I might look into it anyway though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom