• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Most Forgotten Pokemon

Pineco. I can barele even remember his name.

I was just sitting there thinking "you know, Forretress is one you never hear about. Wonder if it's been posted in the thread yet?".

I think the second generation has the most easily-forgotten Pokemon. The Pineco line, Tyrogue, Qwilfish, Granbull, Dunsparce, Ursaring...

I was just thinking that.. I can't remember half of the pokemon from that generation. @-@

Well hopefully HG/SS will refresh our memories. Then again, I just played through Crystal again and I still don't remember most of 'em >.>

Really? Tauros? I never forgot about him...he's actually one that comes to mind quite easily for me. Relicanth definetly. You think since you need one to get the Regis in R/S/E people would remember the poor fish, but I guess not. I love owning people with mine because they have no idea about the deadly Head Smash/Rock Head combo Relicanth has >=).

Come to think of it, I love using Pokemon people don't care for much or forget about...This thread is giving a lot of ideas for a new team. Keep 'em coming!

Haha, I can't wait for HG/SS.
And Relicanth just slips my mind a lot for some reason. :P
On a side note, I'm not exactly great at making teams, so if you ever have some free time, could you possibly help me out with that? Thanks. :D

Haha, I can't wait for HG/SS.
And Relicanth just slips my mind a lot for some reason. :P
On a side note, I'm not exactly great at making teams, so if you ever have some free time, could you possibly help me out with that? Thanks. :D

I'd love to help, but I'm not exactly great myself. I just choose 6 Pokemon I think are cool, make sure they have decent type coverage, and slap on a moveset with decent coverage =P. I mostly just battle random people on PBR, so I never get really into details. And my movesets suck. So I would ask someone else XD.

Oh, and I thought of another forgotten soul...Cradily.

Cradily is effing awesome! D: I have one on my Emerald team and it's easily one of my favorite Hoenn Pokemon (which is saying a lot, because Hoenn is my favorite generation design-wise).

But, yeah, I can see how it's kind of a forgotten Pokemon. A shame, that.

I'd love to help, but I'm not exactly great myself. I just choose 6 Pokemon I think are cool, make sure they have decent type coverage, and slap on a moveset with decent coverage =P. I mostly just battle random people on PBR, so I never get really into details. And my movesets suck. So I would ask someone else XD.

Haha, I do the same thing. :3
If someone tries to explain things like EV Training to me, I just fall asleep..

Regarding Cradily, I forgot about it too. o.o
It looks pretty kickass, nonetheless.

The most forgotten ones are from either Johto or Sinnoh.

...I forgot about Pinsir until I found one in Gold. (I picked a Scyther instead, although I'll never evolve it.)

Shuckle. Hmmm, what's that you say? I dunno, I forgot.

By the way, if you think about it, how forgotten can these Pokemon be, if we're all remembering them now?

But I get what topic is saying.

I was just sitting there thinking "you know, Forretress is one you never hear about. Wonder if it's been posted in the thread yet?".

I think the second generation has the most easily-forgotten Pokemon. The Pineco line, Tyrogue, Qwilfish, Granbull, Dunsparce, Ursaring...

I use a Forretress in competitive battling. It's really useful as it only has weakness against fire! Plus it explodes! I like exploding on my first round.

Tyrogue is easy to remember as it's butt ugly...

The others, maybe so.

For me, Torkoal. It surprises me every time I see it. Sableye is difficult for me to remember. And also Seedot; even though Shiftry is one of my favorite Pokémon, I can never remember that it evolves from that little speck.

I remember Heatran as a Pokémon, but frequently forget that it's legendary because of the sheer amount of Gen IV legendaries. I still don't think it deserves to be legendary...

Other than that, I can't really think of any. I remember Qwilfish and Dunsparce because they've been reduced to specks of insignificance, and most other forgettable ones are gimmicks and therefore I remember them.

Last edited:
For me, Torkoal. It surprises me every time I see it. Sableye is difficult for me to remember. And also Seedot; even though Shiftry is one of my favorite Pokémon, I can never remember that it evolves from that little speck.

Huh... I find those quite easy to remember, probably because they're Hoenn. *shrug*
I'm way too attached to that generation. :3

Hoppip's line.

I'm liek "Ok, i know Hoppip evolves into that green thing... but does THAT evolve into anything?"

It took me a while to remember Skiploom and Jumpluff.

I agree that 2nd and 4th gen are the most forgotten Porygon.

Porygon was purposely forgotten by Nintendo for the anime. :(

Hoppip's line.

I'm liek "Ok, i know Hoppip evolves into that green thing... but does THAT evolve into anything?"

It took me a while to remember Skiploom and Jumpluff.

I agree that 2nd and 4th gen are the most forgotten Porygon.

Porygon was purposely forgotten by Nintendo for the anime. :(

I thought it was just me, seeing how I haven't playes G/S/C much, but most people seem to have problems remembering pokemon from that generation. :o

The Hoppip line is cute, though. :3

What about Unown? It's pretty forgetable. I mean who actually uses one? Unless you're trying to get every Pokemon to level 100... "Haha! I beat your Arceus with my Unown!"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom