• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Nicktoon Club

Flareth

The fastest girl in town
A club about anything Nicktoons. Yes...even the newer ones (Even some aren't that bad). Maybe an RP or two will come out of this...but...

You can post Nicktoon info, videos, pictures, and other stuff. Oh yeah, pick a Nicktoon character. It will be put next to your name. Just a little thing I decided to do. I'm Ren from Ren and Stimpy (What a surprise...)

Members:
1. Flareth (Ren Hoek)
2.Kahlen (Spongebob)
3. IrkSplee (Gordon)
4. MewXCharmeleonXEevee
5. Fluffy the Eevee (Katara)
6. Erika (Teen-Angelica)
7. Zora of Termina (ZIM)
8. Ambipom (GIR)
9. Blaziking 175

Question: What is/are your favorite Nicktoon(s)

My favorites are Invader Zim, Ren and Stimpy (I bet none of you could guess that), Angry Beavers...basically all the old toons. Oh, Catscratch is awesome too.

Last edited:
I pick Spongebob:D

What is/are your favorite Nicktoon(s)?

I like most of the Nicktoons, but these ones are especially nostalgic:

Rocko's Modern Life
Spongebob
CatDog
Rugrats
Doug
KaBlam!
Rocket Power

Good memories watching these shows.

Guess my favorite show. Go ahead. Guess. =p SPLEE!

Catscratch is the newest one I love - after that it ranges from "meh" (such as Barnyard) to "who the hell greenlit this?" (why does Mr. Meaty exist?!) Other favorites include, in no particular order:

Invader Zim
Hey Arnold
Doug
Spongebob Squarepants (the glory days - I can't stand what it's become)
Rocko's Modern Life
Jimmy Neutron
Fairly OddParents

Oh, and does Kappa Mikey count, even though it's not on the main channel? It's so freakishly bad and it knows it. XD I love it in all its lack of quality. Don't ask, I don't understand my infatuation with it either. Ozu rules over all of you. Take your places, man your posts~ It's the only Nicktoons-exclusive I can stand, though... Speed Racer, Three Delivery, goddamn Ricky Sprocket... no.

And I may be missing something... eh. Someone else is going to end up mentioning a show and I'll go d'oh! As for character, the name may say splee, but that's only for the sake of the pun - my favorite Cramdilly cat is Gordon Quid. I just love the warrior with a heart of gold type. So yeah. XD

Accepted, all.

Gordon is awesome. His voice actor rocks. Kappa Mikey is good because it parodies something America has become obsessed with.

Yes, Rob Paulsen is awesome. Everyone, an assignment - think of any American kid's cartoon from the 90's to today. Got one? OK. Rob Paulsen was in it.

All right, all right, exaggeration, but still... he's in a LOT of stuff, and he sounds different each time. Gordon Quid (Catscratch), Carl Weezer (Jimmy Neutron), Mark Chang (Fairly OddParents), Yakko Warner (Animaniacs), Pinky (Pinky & the Brain)... he voiced all of 'em. It's almost kinda creepy.

And yes, Kappa Mikey does mock every anime it can get its hands on, but its also guilty of lame stereotypical sitcom plots - and I laugh all the while, even as I'm picking apart all the cliches and errors. XD Also, Mikey is so horrendously stupid that it's amazing he's lived to 18. Yeesh... it's both hilarious and mindboggling.

Also, you've got a question mark next to Gordon on my character thing - I do realize I wasn't clear and I apologize. Yeah, I choose him as my character.

^I think Mikey's stupidity also comes from the fact that he's animated so differently from everyone else in the show. He just sticks out so much it's hilarious.

Gordon Quid (Catscratch), Carl Weezer (Jimmy Neutron), Mark Chang (Fairly OddParents), Yakko Warner (Animaniacs), Pinky (Pinky & the Brain)

I would have never guessed that any of those characters were voiced by the same guy. Rob Paulsen seems to be quite talented:D.

I like Invader Zim and Kappa Mikey. And Catscratch also. By the way..

What the heck is Guano(from Kappa Mikey)?!

Actually, human. Hey, his parents were. (Hi, Ozu!) Now, what's he dressed as... who the hell knows? XD Honestly, they're not consistent with that, either... sometimes they seem to say "costume", sometimes "real little furry thing", depending on what kind of joke they want to make. But I've yet to see the show suggest otherwise as far as Ozu and his (deceased?) wife Kyoko being his parents goes. I really don't get it, and I'm not sure I'd WANT to. Just chalk it up to more ways that the show makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. My best guess is that they just wanted to go for an emotional ending to Ozu's plot in the Christmas episode and obviously had no real choice than to follow through with it afterward, even though before they were being ambiguous as to what Guano even was and still wanted to joke around with that. I dunno. I really don't.

MXCXE, I never noticed that before... you're right. He's purple, he's got the gem... that's creepy. XD I wonder if that was intentional or not... it aired in 2006. How much time is there usually between designing characters and airing the show? Was Sableye known to the public yet? The world may never know.

To stop this from being a Kappa Mikey topic - just wondering, has anyone ever read GEAR? It's what Doug Tennapel was originally hired to make a cartoon for at Nick before everyone involved quickly realized that there was NO WAY to get that thing to be appropriate for the channel. They made Catscratch instead. What makes it eerie is that that the cats kept their basic character designs and names (for the most part - Mr. Blik was originally Mr. Black, don't know what that got changed) and a couple other references - it's been a while since I read it, but I think I recall "pop a wheelie!" and "this hat makes me feel badass" (shades of "this is my important hat", anyone?) showing up, not to mention that the brothers' giant cat mecha from "Mecha-Kitties" was from GEAR. Point is, while it got a SERIOUS overhaul, GEAR and Catscratch are still just similar enough that reading GEAR after almost three years of being a Catscratch fan was pretty... awkward. Gordon decapitating people, Waffle threatening to shoot himself... yeah. Really, really awkward. I know GEAR came first by a long shot, but STILL! XD

I choose Katara.

My favorite Nicktoons would have to be Avatar, Spongebob Squarepants, Catscratch, The Fairly Odd Parents, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, and Invader Zim.

I really don't like the other ones, or I haven't seen them yet. Yeah, I don't have much else to say. I need to say something funny! DX Oo, that was kinda funny. X3

I haven't watched Nickelodeon in ages, in fact, all I ever see nowadays is whatever my cousins are watching whenever I go to visit them every weekend. However, when did watch Nick, my favorite Nicktoons were:

Doug
Rugrats
Hey Arnold!
The Fairly Odd Parents
Invader Zim
Angry Beavers
KaBlam!
All Grown Up (After this premiered, and ran it's course, I sorta stopped watching Nickelodeon all together.)

I'd love to join, and talk about the old school days. :P I have no clue what's out there now, but old school flare is always fun, yes? I'd totally like to have Angelica next to my name, from the Rugrats All Grown Up series. XD;

Ah, I should join this. Now, I watch pretty much anything they have on there short of certain Teenick shows, but my all-time favorites are:

IZ
Spongebob
FOP
JN
Avatar (nuu the series is close to ending ;;)
And pretty much any of the ones from before 1999.

As for what I am... I AM ZIIIIIIIM *shot*

You guys are accepted into the club.

But don't worry about Avatar. It had a plot so it HAD to end.

Yeah, going with Flareth there. Not only did we all pretty much see the ending coming from day 1, but it lasted three years and when all is said and done will have had 61 episodes. That's a pretty standard cartoon lifespan, isn't it?

But yeah, I've been watching the new episodes of that this week. And while, yes, the action and the fighting and the PLOT DEVELOPMENT has all been wonderful fun and the reason I got into the show in the first place... anyone else looking forward to Friday's episode, Ember Isle Players? That just looks awesome. XD

My friend's parents watch Avatar, I've just never really got into it. What exactly is it about? o.o;

Back
Top Bottom