• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Platinum Status Thread

Took me a long time, but I finally got to the Elite Four today. I haven't beaten them yet, as Flint has managed to finish me twice. Keep in mind I don't use items.

leafeon M Lv. 53
Razor Leaf
Quick Attack
Sunny Day
Synthesis

rapidash M Lv. 53
Flame Wheel
Stomp
Bounce
Poison Jab

luxray-f Lv. 54
Swagger
Crunch
Charge
Thunder Fang

staraptor M Lv. 54
Close Combat
Roost
Return
Aerial Ace

torterra M Lv. 56
Leech Seed
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Razor Leaf

golduck F, shiny Lv. 58
Surf
Psychic
Amnesia
Ice Beam

I think I'll visit the move tutors for some of my Pokemon, but otherwise it won't take me much longer to win.

So after a months worth of doing absolutely nothing Pokemon related, I started a new Platinum file. Hopefully this one will take.
My final team will hopefully be:
Torterra
Houndoom
Vaporeon
Togekisss
Electabuzz or some other electric type
Mismagius

My current team is:
Doof the Bidoof Lv.8
Stars the Starly Lv.8
Spinx the Shinx Lv.9
Greta the Turtwig Lv.9

I have very creative nicknames I know.

My status.....
I have 92 hours of play time. I have 4 level 100s raised on platinum. I have defeated the league several times. I have all but the letter seals. I also have gone kinda far in the battle tower, but, as you know, those guys cheat, X3.
I like the game so far. The Wi-Fi plaza is rather fun. My complaint however is the fact that a lot of the trainers in the battle zone have gotten weaker pokemon which unfortunately means they don't give quite as good exp.

Beat the E4 yesterday with barely any problems. Now I'm just hanging out in the Battle Frontier, doing stuff in the Battle Castle, Battle Hall, and Battle Arcade. The other two are meh-ish.

Oh, and I'm addicted to the scratch cards :D

So I just beat Candice, and went to the lake. My poor clueless rival was defeated. And now I forget where to go.

I'm about to head to Eterna. Taking the game nice and slow so it will hopefully last longer. That and raising everything I catch.

FINALLY BEAT ROARK HOMG.

In Diamond, he wasn't nearly so tough. I had to evolve my Piplup before I won. Now I'm off to Eterna City.

I finally got Platinum, I am happiness.

I'm currently on my way to Eterna Forest, and getting the second badge.

Party:

Monferno
Nickname: Ember
Female
Mach Punch
Leer
Flame Wheel
Taunt

That gal is so awesome, took out the entire Rock gym with Mach Punch.

Just beat Cyrus, and trying to figure out how to get to Sunyshore.
I'm stuck halp ._.

CURRENT PARTY:

Infernape Sarius LV.46
Moves:
Dig
Close Combat
Rock Climb
Fire Blast

LuxrayBeacon LV 45
Moves:
Thunder
Thunder Fang
Return
Crunch

Roserade Floro LV 43
Moves:
Grass Knot
Solar Beam
Sunny Day
Sludge Bomb

AltariaAuria LV 40
Moves:
Dragonbreath
Dragon Dance
Fly
Aerial Ace

HoundoomLucifer LV 41
Moves:
Fire Fang
Shadow Ball
Faint Attack
Strength

SnoruntDariu LV 38 <--Currently in training.
Moves:
Headbutt
Protect
Avalanche
Crunch

^So, yeah. I'm going to change some moves around, pay a visit or two to Mr. Move Deleter, and be on m'way.

Cyrus's speech was pretty cool. I got through the place, and now I have to go up the mountain.

Is currently at Pastoria City, trying to catch one of them damn Tangela's, but they escape all the time and break any Poké Ball I throw at them. *waves fist angrily*

Anyway

Infernape
Female, level 36
Close Combat
Grass Knot
Flame Wheel
Leer

gardevoir
Female, level 33
Psychic
Shock Wave
Calm Mind
Focus Blast

Started Platinum a while ago, but I kind of left alone for a bit. Now I've started to play it again.
Anyway, just beat Gardeina, so I'm off on the Cycling Road to get to Wayward Cave/Oreburgh.

Current Party:

prinplup (Princess)
Female
Lv. 23
Moveset:
Pound
Bubblebeam
Bubble
Peck

staravia (Star)
Female
Lv. 22
Moveset:
Tackle
Endeavor
Wing Attack
Quick Attack

luxio (Luminous)
Male
Lv. 22
Moveset:
Tackle
Bite
Charge
Spark

ponyta (Flame)
Male
Lv. 20
Moveset:
Tackle
Flame Wheel
Stomp
Ember

Last edited:
I'm in Pastoria City now. I'll challenge the gym leader at some point. I've been really hesitant to challenge the gym leaders in this game. I'm not sure why. The team is coming along nicely but I've made a few changes from the original idea.
Houndoom
Firenze Lv.36
Vaporeon
Cosmo Lv.36
Torterra
Taline Lv.36
Togetic
Candide Lv.37
Bronzong
Asthore Lv.37

Then a HM Slave. The last slot is for an Electrabuzz, but I'm not sure if I'm going to use it because you get it so late in the game.

Name: Terry
Species: Torterra
LV: 89
Attacks: EQ, Seed Bomb, Crunch, RS

Name: Tar
Species: T-Tar
LV: 93
Attacks: SE, Crunch, EQ, FP

Name: Moe
Species: Machamp
LV: 79
Attacks: Dynamic Punch, Wake-up slap, IP, Low Kick

Name: Psy-Force
Species: Espeon
LV: 88
Attacks: Psychic, SB, HP (Fight O_o), Grass Knot

Name: Drakness
Species: Giratina
LV: 67
Attacks: SF, Dragon Claw, Ancient Power, Earth Power

Name: Lori
Species: Staraptor
LV: 63
Attacks: Heat Wave, Fly, Steel Wing, Defog

beaten the stark side, and have been pounding joyfully at the battlehouse, along with trying the battle hall.

Beaten Stark quest ages ago. Training for Second round of E4 but also did A LOT of IV breeding which I have only recently discovered with the help of the Smogon Breeding guide. Training one Pokemon with my team of five at the same time(Exp Share) so training is slow...but at least I'm training some Pokes for the Lv50 competition me and my friends will be doing.

Is currently at the Snowpoint gym, but I'm trying to raise the happiness of my Riolu at the time, by biking through Route 209, Solaceon and Route 210. I have a feeling my team is a bit underleveled.

Infernape (Elize)
Female
level 45
Close Combat
Leer
Flamethrower
Grass Knot

Gardevoir (Rika)
Female
Level 40
Psychic
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

Tangrowth (Hagrid)
Male
Level 40
Stun Spore
AncientPower
Ingrain
Mega Drain

Gallade (Lancelot)
Male
Level 40
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Swords Dance
Ice Punch

Riolu (Micah)
Male
level 14
Quick Attack
Force Palm
Endure
Counter

i started a no evolution run of the game at the start of the week on my japanese platinum cartridge. i'm currently in canalave about to face my rival

chimchar Iggy
Male Lv49 @Fist Plate
Flamethrower
Flame Wheel
Grass Knot
Brick Break

buizel Lemmy
Male Lv49
Surf
Swift
Pursuit
Ice Punch

cranidos Larry
Male Lv49 @Shell Bell
Earthquake
Zen Headbutt
Rock Tomb
Thunderpunch

starly Wendy
Female Lv49 @Amulet Coin
Return
Fly
Brave Bird
Steel Wing

i'm only really overlevelled to compensate for the lower stats of my pokemon

I haven't updated in a while. At the moment, I am just about to challenge the E4 for the first time. And I think I'm going to do pretty well. I've been training a hell of a lot, for the past few weeks.

Torterra Cybele ♂ Level 71
Infernape Vulcan ♂ Level 70
gardevoir Minerva ♀ Level 70
Togekiss Averruncus ♂ Level 70
Swampert Volturnus ♂ Level 70
Rotom-grass Morta N/A Level 70

I have a play time of 63:08, 8 badges and 189 seen.

Back
Top Bottom