• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Platinum Status Thread

Ok, I have four badges now and OMG YOU CAN BUY BERRIES YESSSSS *clings to the Department store* yaaaay~ And Baby evolved - I found a water stone in the ruins.

My team:
[Elysia] Houndoom (F) Lv26 @ Soothe Bell
[Flick] Staravia (F) Lv31 @ Shell Bell
[Blaulich] Rotom (X) Lv31 @ Nothing
[Baby] Vaporeon (F) Lv31 @ Nothing
[Gaia] Grotle (F) Lv31 @ Quick Claw

wtf all my Pokemon are girls except the Rotom.

I got my game three days ago...I've been meaning to post here.

This is my team thus far~

My team:
[Alphonse] Togepi (M) Lv15 @ Nothing
[Pein] Gligar (M) Lv18 @ Nothing
[Eddie] Luxio (M) Lv22 @ Nothing
[Torrent] Psyduck (M) Lv21 @ Nothing
[Raine] Monferno (F) Lv22 @ Soothe Bell

Right now I'm level grinding.

Eehee, there's a guy in Veilstone City on a platform near the gym. I spoke to him, and he said the following:

"Salut, Trainer! Tu aimes les Pokémon?"

... and then I realized I could translate it.

"Hello, Trainer! You like Pokémon?"

If you answer yes:

"Moi aussi! C'est génial!"

"Me too! That's great (?)"

I can't translate no ("J'ai du mal a te croire... Il n'ya qu'a vous regarder!") aside from J'ai (I have), mal (bad), vous ('we', I think - or 'they') and regarder (regard). :P

Yay! I got the 6th Gym Badge with the help of Lucario and Milotic. Now heading to Iron Island to obtain Strength HM.

Nagisa (Milotic) (f) Lv 38
Kotomi (Espeon) (f) Lv 38
Lucario (m) Lv 39
Jolteon (m) Lv 32

I've beaten Maylene and finally have my entire team together! I'm going to get all of my Pokemon to around the same level (35 or so) before I battle Wake.

I also changed my Monferno's nickname. The other one didn't fit. :V

Alban the Monferno - level 30
Cleo the Luxray - level 30
Banquo the Drifblim - level 30
Chernobyl the Porygon2 - level 30
Sergey the Yanma - level 31
Nia the Finneon - level 21

I can't translate no ("J'ai du mal a te croire... Il n'ya qu'a vous regarder!") aside from J'ai (I have), mal (bad), vous ('we', I think - or 'they') and regarder (regard). :P

Vous is plural 'you' and regarder is 'to look'. The whole thing roughly translates as "I can't believe you. There was no reason to look at you." (Actually I've probably got that last part wrong. Can't quite remember what 'ne ... que' means).

Anyway, I'm training in Eterna Forest right now. My team so far:

Icarus - Monferno [M] - Lv. 18
Antheia - Budew [F] - Lv. 18
Cladeos - Psyduck [M] - Lv. 17
Eosphoros - Kadabra [M] - Lv. 18
Aristeos - Luxio [M] - Lv. 18
Aeolos - Staravia [M] - Lv. 18

Vous is plural 'you' and regarder is 'to look'. The whole thing roughly translates as "I can't believe you. There was no reason to look at you." (Actually I've probably got that last part wrong. Can't quite remember what 'ne ... que' means).

Ah. Thanks for the correction. (I think I need to check my French notes more. ._.)

Current team:
[Minuit] Noctowl (F) level 30
[April] Houndoom (F) level 27 (in training)
[Stormblade] Scyther (M) level 31
[Leafpool] Leafeon (F) level 31
[Icewater] Prinplup (M) level 30
And then a level 10 Bidoof named Lot for HM purposes.

Training in the seventh gym now. I'm really having a fun time.

Current team:
Garnet (Scyther, 38)
Aerora (Staraptor, 39)
Ixion (Pichu, 22 - need to train!)
Anchorage (Empoleon, 42)
Orchid (Leafeon, 39)
Bibarel (HM slave for now)

Pokedex: 146 seen, 62 caught
Time: 18:34
Score: 2253

Eehee, there's a guy in Veilstone City on a platform near the gym. I spoke to him, and he said the following:

"Salut, Trainer! Tu aimes les Pokémon?"

... and then I realized I could translate it.

"Hello, Trainer! You like Pokémon?"

If you answer yes:

"Moi aussi! C'est génial!"

"Me too! That's great (?)"

So that's what language they had the guy speak in in the English version. In the Japanese one he speaks in English.

"Hello, Trainer! Do you love Pokémon?" (Yes/No)
If Yes: "Excellent! So do I!"
If No: "I don't think so!! You travel with your Pokémon gaily!"

So I don't know, whatever he's saying in French might be something like that. Or not, I don't know, I can't read French.

Didn't Fantina speak English in the Japanese version too?

Why do they make all the foreigners speak French for the English version? I mean, it gets the same point across, but why French? :p

Trying to prevent my team from overleveling so the Gym Leaders and E4 (at least) won't be complete pushovers, which will probably be a bit easier now that I finally have a six-Pokémon team--I slipped up a bit and ended up being overleveled for Roark, thanks to only having two Pokémon at the time and both of them being over level 10 and having a type advantage, but for Gardenia and Fantina I managed to stay 3-4 levels under the leaders' teams. And Rotom kicks Hyperactive Rival Guy's ass very, very easily... I didn't even take 1 point of damage from him in the fight outside Hearthome.

Pachirisu [Chi-Chi] ♀ Lv.25
Kirlia [Trunks] ♂ Lv.25
Chingling [Chiaotzu] ♂ Lv.26
Rotom [Kami] ♂ Lv.26
Grotle [Turtle] ♂ Lv.26
Psyduck [Yamcha] ♂ Lv.26

Right now I'm on the way to Veilstone. Of course, my Pokémon were 2-3 levels lower than this when I beat Fantina (and the Kirlia was not there yet)... they leveled up a bit on random trainers, Lost Tower, and the Solaceon Ruins.

Will probably drop at least one team member before I'm done, though, because right now I have two Electric-types and two Psychic-types...

Didn't Fantina speak English in the Japanese version too?

Why do they make all the foreigners speak French for the English version? I mean, it gets the same point across, but why French? :p

French is awesome.

... yeah I don't really know

Actually, the same's true in Phoenix Wright: the only person that speaks any other language mixes in French words with his English. I can translate it :P

I haven't battled the gym yet, and my brother is so far ahead. My interest seems to have died a lot, but I'm still going on. Right now I'm trying to get 2 blue shards to teach Pepper Thunder Punch. Current team:

Pepper(Infernape now. Yay!) lv36
Crobat lv30
Porygon lv26
Togepi lv1
Tangela lv28
Staravia lv27

So as you can see, I haven't done much. I could probably take Wake on now and win, but I'm just going to take my time since I'm hopelessly behind my bro anyways. I wish they would release the key already, I'm itching to get a new Rotom forme. Off to the Underground!

Oh man, I just had the funniest battle. And I want to tell you guys about it n' all, so~

Alright, so. I was battling everyone's favorite freaky-Frenchie, Fantina, and I had gotten down to her last Pokemon - Mismagius. After having spammed Sand-Attack with my Eevee until it died, and then having had my Monferno and Budew defeated, all the Pokemon I had left was a Buneary with no non-Normal type moves, a Machop I was using as an HM slave, and a Lv. 11 Togepi. I sent out Togepi. Of course, it knew Metronome. Towards the end of the Metronome madness (after having Flung away my only Exp. Share ;_;), it used Transform and transformed into Mismagius! And, as you know, Ghost-types are weak to their own moves. Though it did manage to copy its stat changes as well (AKA it having been Sand-Attack'd about 5 times), hax was on my side and it used Shadow Ball after three tries. And won.

I love mah Togepi. :3 ...And no, I don't think you guys actually care, but whatever. I like to ramble. >P

Well, lessee:

[Mr.Wiggles]Turtwig
Tackle
Withdraw
Absorb

then there's obligatory HM slave, who doesn't deserve a mention ;)

Just got those shards and taught Pepper Thunder Punch. Going to fight some peeps at the gym before taking on Wake for extra EXP.

Incidentally, did anyone know that Zubat could learn Fly?

I knew Crobat could learn Fly (in D/P anyway; I don't think it could before--maybe in R/S/E, but definitely not in G/S/C), but I wasn't sure if Zubat/Golbat could.

Got to Veilstone not long ago, and... Maylene was just stupidly easy. Her Lucario's Metal Claw missed three times in a row. The last Metal Claw did actually hit, but by then it was waaay too late for it to make any difference (and it didn't even manage to knock my Chimecho's HP out of the green... even though the Lucario was five levels higher. So it wouldn't have helped a lot anyway.)

The Meditite actually gave me more trouble than the Machoke and Lucario combined!

I just beat the Veilstone gym a couple minutes ago. I'm so slow... it took me forever to figure out how to hit that last punching bag to knock down the last pile of tires. Lucario was kind of annoying though... I had to do some switcheroo and used some revival herbs on my Staravia.

My team thus far:
KangaskhanKawa ♀ Lv.33
GrotleVerdy ♀ Lv.30
LuxrayLeo ♂ Lv.30
Staravia Stuart ♂ Lv.32
Machoke Chen ♀ Lv.30
Gabite Spike ♂ Lv.30

Off to Pastoria!

My goal is to have them by 37 tonight. Every gym leader or so, my boyfriend and I have battles with our team and we keep them the same levels. He's got an annoying Gardevoir and a couple of Pokemon with Ice moves so I might switch out Spike for my Kricketune for tonight's battle...

Currently poking around Canalave and debating if I should head to Iron Island to train of just train in the grass outside the city. Want my Pokemon to be level 40 before I fight the gym.

[Blaulich] Rotom (X) Lv36 @ Nothing
[Gaia] Torterra (F) Lv35 @ Quick Claw
[Baby] Vaporeon (F) Lv35 @ Nothing
[Flick] Staraptor (F) Lv35 @ Shell Bell
[Elysia] Houndoom (F) Lv35 @ Soothe Bell

Still can't pick my last team member. :/ Maybe Yanmega? Any ideas?

I am about to battle Cyrus in the Distortion World

Current Team:

Infernape
Luxray
Gabite
Floatzel
Ramparods
Shaymn (Traded over from Diamond)

I can't remember their current levels, so... yeah.

Back
Top Bottom